Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Trumperica! Flag
Tampanensis jars...
    #23860634 - 11/23/16 01:20 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

HEy everybody!!!

I have some Tampanensis jars here, I shook one a couple days ago its recovering nicely, And i have some more which are yet to be shook. Looks nice though, can't wait to try these fruits I hear they are very unique! Also excited for some stones baby!!!

--------------------

*TRADE LIST* https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23855008 *TRADE LIST*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKalsticky
royale with cheese

Loc: The invisible landscape
Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Peteyboy]
    #23860748 - 11/23/16 01:49 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
HEy everybody!!!

I have some Tampanensis jars here, I shook one a couple days ago its recovering nicely, And i have some more which are yet to be shook. Looks nice though, can't wait to try these fruits I hear they are very unique! Also excited for some stones baby!!!

Good luck to you dude :thumbup: not very many people try and grow P. Mexicana. Are you growing it for the sclerotia or the mushies?

--------------------
"Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
― Terence McKenna

T.C.                                    Mexicube.                        P.C.            Brazilian

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Kalsticky]
    #23860800 - 11/23/16 02:05 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks brotha!

Im doing it for both! I'm gonna spawn some jars to tubs for fruits, and spawn some to a tub for just stones.

I want it all baby!!

--------------------

*TRADE LIST* https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23855008 *TRADE LIST*

OfflineKalsticky
royale with cheese

#23860810 - 11/23/16 02:10 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
Thanks brotha!

Im doing it for both! I'm gonna spawn some jars to tubs for fruits, and spawn some to a tub for just stones.

I want it all baby!!

If you just keep it in the jars instead of taking them out. Theyll grow the truffles in the jars. But youre not supposed to shake it if you do that because it doesent like it for some reason. Ive got a tampanensis project in the works where theyll stay in the jars for 4 to 6 months then ill open the jars and harvest the sclerotia. Keep your eye on the board for it.

--------------------
"Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
― Terence McKenna

T.C.                                    Mexicube.                        P.C.            Brazilian

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

#23860864 - 11/23/16 02:31 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I was considering leaving them in the jars but I want to cycle those jars back into my work flow.

So your saying just drop the agar shake and walk away, come back in 6 months and harvest?

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your thread!

To get fruits you have to shake to spawn to a tub though?

--------------------

OfflineKalsticky
royale with cheese

#23861115 - 11/23/16 04:00 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
I was considering leaving them in the jars but I want to cycle those jars back into my work flow.

So your saying just drop the agar shake and walk away, come back in 6 months and harvest?

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your thread!

To get fruits you have to shake to spawn to a tub though?

If your using agar you can just drop the wedge and leave it without shaking. And you can technically harvest in 6 weeks but theyll be there most potent being left in the jar for over 2 months but harvest before 9 months or theyll start to rot. Im leaving mine in the jars for 4 to 6 months depending on the growth. Shaking is to speed up colonization with regular jars but for some reason, jars of sclerotia dont do great if you shake it. Not sure why. But im not sure about shaking for fruiting this species. I only really know about the sclerotia.

--------------------
― Terence McKenna

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

#23861148 - 11/23/16 04:12 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

ahhh ok I got ya!

What about this scenario...Shaking a master jar once colonized to expand out in a G2G fashion, then allowing those jars sit and produce the sclerotia.

OR

I will have to get a bunch of plates going and then drop one plate per jar for however many jars that I want.

--------------------

OfflineKalsticky
royale with cheese

#23861216 - 11/23/16 04:35 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
ahhh ok I got ya!

What about this scenario...Shaking a master jar once colonized to expand out in a G2G fashion, then allowing those jars sit and produce the sclerotia.

OR

I will have to get a bunch of plates going and then drop one plate per jar for however many jars that I want.

Well the thing about sclerotia producing species is the sclerotia will devolop before the jar is 100% so im not sure how g2g transfer would go because ive never tried it. Im sure someone has an anwser.

--------------------
― Terence McKenna

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
    #23861404 - 11/23/16 05:32 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Good to know, thanks for the tip, Kal! 

Hey Peteyboy, looks like a pretty vigorous strain; keep us posted!

Edited by Mycolorado (11/23/16 05:32 PM)

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Mycolorado]
    #23861474 - 11/23/16 05:59 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah thanks Kal!

I guess I will test the waters and G2G with one of the jars, just to see what happens! If I notice sclerotia beginning before the jars are finished I'll just leave em be, if no sclerotia begins to form then I'll spawn the jars for fruits!

Either way I win! Of course if I can keep it all clean and contam free that is!

But yeah the Tamps mycellium is super tomentose and bright white, it's quite beautiful actually...:jah:

--------------------

OfflineKalsticky
royale with cheese

#23861498 - 11/23/16 06:04 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
Yeah thanks Kal!

I guess I will test the waters and G2G with one of the jars, just to see what happens! If I notice sclerotia beginning before the jars are finished I'll just leave em be, if no sclerotia begins to form then I'll spawn the jars for fruits!

Either way I win! Of course if I can keep it all clean and contam free that is!

But yeah the Tamps mycellium is super tomentose and bright white, it's quite beautiful actually...:jah:

I believe it produces sclerotia even if you fruit it but like i said ive never had expierence with fruiting and no problem guys.

--------------------
― Terence McKenna

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
    #23861813 - 11/23/16 08:05 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Anyone pull stones, let dry a bit and replant in fresh sub in order to fruit?  Sorry, don't wanna thread jack, but getting ready to start playing with Tamp and CN.

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Mycolorado]
    #23862239 - 11/23/16 11:39 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

G2g does fine with tampanensis. Making a li and g2g and then g2g thos jars to bags is how you make huge amounts stone's. Myc in the recovery phase kills off some of the tract cells that are need to produce stones. But with a very low grain to grain rate the new cells will form those lost property's

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: tump]
    #23862314 - 11/24/16 12:31 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Shaking grains and G2G often inhibits stone formation IME. I never shake stone producers.

Also spawning to bulk often results in more stones than the spawn produces. Good stone producing genetics spawned to something like coir will produce massive quantities of stones.

Offlineenlightenment
alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23862366 - 11/24/16 01:00 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

:whathesaid:

I experienced the same. Better not shake jars of sclerotia producing species.

I had jars that developed just a few stones. After the jars were spawned to coir to get some fruits, a lot of sclerotia formed in the substrate within 6 weeks.

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: enlightenment]
    #23862419 - 11/24/16 01:38 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Pasty!!!:jah:

So would G2G be ok if the plan is to spawn to bulk? 

For instance one plate to a jar, once colonized completely with no shake at 30%, G2G one jar to seven, then once colonized with no shake at 30%, spawn all seven to CVG in a mono tub.

--------------------

Offlineenlightenment
alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #23862515 - 11/24/16 03:29 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So would G2G be ok if the plan is to spawn to bulk?

Yes

Quote:

For instance one plate to a jar, once colonized completely with no shake at 30%, G2G one jar to seven, then once colonized with no shake at 30%, spawn all seven to CVG in a mono tub.

That works + the seven jars should develop some stones if you leave them colonized for some time before you spawn them.

If your main goal is to get fruits you can just spawn them ~5 days after full colonization. (There will be stones in the bulk substrate anyway)

Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23862573 - 11/24/16 04:34 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Wish I could post (IME) for stones....but soon

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: wtfcrazymofo]
    #23862591 - 11/24/16 05:00 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

By that logic why waste our 6 to 8 months in jar state just for a few stones vs going straight to bulk coir and get more stones and fruit quicker. I've wasted so much time waiting.

Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
Re: Tampanensis jars... [Re: tump]
    #23862609 - 11/24/16 05:33 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

It is probably nice to have fresh stone jars on tap in the cabinets.

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix