Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Ouiji Boards
    #2385643 - 02/28/04 12:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Have you guys have any stories or experiences to tell about them?

I saw on TV once (Discovery channel I believe) where they interviewed a psychic "spiritual" woman. In a nutshell, she said that nothing good ever comes out of a ouiji board. Nothing at all, it's always negative. She says that you can try to contact... Elvis or someone, and if you get any response, and it spells out Elvis (supposed to mean Elvis has entered the building! smoooth) it's just an evil spirit tricking you. And once you contact a spirit through a Ouiji board, it's with you for life. So everytime you go back to a Ouiji board, it'll be that same evil spirit. I can actually give proof of this. Well sort of.

I remember when I got a ouiji board for my birthday. My friends and I were all playing it and stuff, and I asked my aunt to play but she like fucking freaked and said she'd never touch one of those. Apparently when she was little, she and her friends played ouiji and was contacted by an evil spirit. The spirit was like some woman who murdered alot of people, some psycho bitch type. The little finger board thing was moving like crazy across the board, without them touching it. Spelling out death and rape and murder (and the names of everyone playing) Needless to say, this freaked them out.

Then like a year later, my aunt played it again and it was the same ghost, but this time is... it got out of the board or something? and into the house. Ever since then till the time she moved out of her old house, she says so much wierd shit has happened, like all the typical ghost things x 10.

But anyways, I've played it a couple times. Nothing big ever really happened. The lights flickered once, when we asked it to (to prove if it was really there)

There was another time when the spirit was spelling out the name of someone else in the other room, and then it spelt it's name out, and then it spelt death. We run like sissies into the other room and tell so and so what just happened. Turns out the person had an older brother (well, was supposed to have one.) That died during birth. The name was correct as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: adamj]
    #2385660 - 02/28/04 12:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, Ouiji boards are scary shit. Never touched one, but I'm tempted to try it just once, to see what will happen, if anything. Nothing like some scary paranormal activity to spice things up in your life.
Funny how they sell these evil spirit raising devices at Toys R' Us.

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

InvisibleMad_Cap
Lurker

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2385763 - 02/28/04 01:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

when we asked it to (to prove if it was really there)

that was stupid... :nonono:
that makes it much easier for the spirit to leave the board and enter the house/room

i'm still not sure if it works or not but if it works you should never ask that!
(and yes i read to much occult books :smirk: )

--------------------
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know."

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: Mad_Cap]
    #2385812 - 02/28/04 01:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:smile2:

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2386087 - 02/28/04 05:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The Ouija..

I'd say dont mess with it. Now the idea of people being convicted there are spirit entities around I am completely comfortable with, I believe differently however.

The rational mind will say it's all in the head.. (mine does)
But so is your entire perception of the cosmos and all you are when high on the logic of rationality. (shoot me up with pure science and i'll write long posts longing for the cognitive orgasm of insight :evil:)

Consider this: People have got some undercurrents in their selves that in most seldom show. You might suddenly get an odd idea out of the blue, for instance harming yourself or others, destructive thoughts that seem alien to your personality.

In many powerful mushroom or LSD trips people flip over to the other side for the strongest part of the trip:  The timid may become talkative, the religious blasphemous into the high heavens, the prude become lewd and obscene and those who tend to think they are "all that" suddenly shrivel to shy quivering heaps of insecureness. Now that's really OK! Deep inside we all have a character opposite to our usual that may pop up every once in a while or may take over the show for some hours.

Nasty as they may be, even when violently inclined these inverse personalities almost never do anything beyond the symbolic, they will not lay a finger on anyone or themselves or thrash the room in almost all people with no significant psychological problems and likewise in most who do, even when skyflying on high-dose LSD you tend to self-regulate sufficiently. The inverse personality may spew verbal venom at all around him but almost never become physically violent or sexually violent.

Even if projectiles fly all around these tend to be the less injurous ones (the empty pack of marlboro's and not the 1 lb bronze ashtray) and they tend to miss the target of the rage, because the violent anger most often remains *SYMBOLICAL* in nature.
In this sense, when it comes to physical injury to the self or others, even high doses of LSD are generally far safer as alcoholic drinks:

Not only is physical violence far less frequent among the psychedelically high vs. the drunks, but the pureness of psychedelics often translates into purer symbolics behind it, while the alcohol ANESTHETIZES vital parts of the symbolic dynamics.
The tripper generally aims to miss, the drunk tends to hit and injure. An enraged tripper usualy will hurl the beer bottle to the wall between the people, while the drunk smashes the bottle on a tabletop and starts brushing somebodies face with the broken part.
Most people's sober violence amounts to a bitchslap and casting a hurt look at someone. On LSD or Alcohol more agressiveness takes place, but the general symbolism of blind psychedelic rage is in stark contrast to the often more deliberate harm-oriented violence  by the same people when enraged under Alcohol's anaesthesia.

(Alcohol has the ethyloxy anesthetic group of ether with the polar hydrogen-oxygen bond shifting the oil-to-water solubility ratio making it more dangerous in the unconscious realms but safer by being less potent, rapidly metabolized and by its oral ingestion easily dosed with far less chance of dangerous overdoses; Alcohol LITERALLY is an anaesthetic, giving toxic narcosis in OD.)

Ahem! My point!

We all have an inverse personality undercurrent that is opposite to our character and thus can be seen as evil. (because few see themselves as evil while sober because of the human ability to justify any random action in less then 5 seconds if we want to)

When you use things like the Ouija board and Automatic Writing you make yourself a blank slate (tabula rasa) for all sorts of unconscious expressions. The technique of Automatic Writing is "zombify then read afterwards" which can royally fuck you up, but not quite so as the Ouija board.

With the Ouija board there usually is a sense of skepticism (backfires when something actually does happen) or a sense of fear involved. The MAJOR PROBLEM is that you try to NOT zombify but read the "Automatic Writing" as it comes. This will cause a feedback loop (any tripper who reads his FAQs knows -that- usually is the cause of bad trips, not weird ungraspable stuff) where it all goes downhill from there, the -exact terrors of the participants- manifest themselves while fear and suggestibility mounts. The hypnosis effect and fear reinforcement can lead to the most vile deliberate evil shit. Ofcourse the "evil spirit" knows what granny whispered on her deathbed and give it the most horrible meaning...

Because the so-called disembodied spirit is in fact your unconscious manifesting through the alcohol-like anaesthesia of Hypnosis combined with present fear and the *INSIDE* knowledge of your experiences and worst terrors and guiltfeelings, and perhaps access mental possibilities yet unproven and thus deemed "paranormal".

Ouija boards provide an unique opportunity to combine hypnotic sugestibility's partial anaesthesia with the realm of psychedelic bad trips, which can give you the worst bad trip *while you think you are sober* with your half-paralyzed subconscious smashing the beerbottle and scrubbing it into your psychological face.

Ouija boards are an ideal platform for truely destructive bad trips, can therefor be more disruptive then psychedelic bad trips while holding merit only to very few people and should thus be discouraged
EVEN IF NO SPIRIT WORLD EXISTED.
Psychedelics in most tend towards purer symbolics and unification, while the Ouija board tends towards unhinged symbolics and fragmentation.
GOT OUIJA ?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinematteo
empty

Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: Asante]
    #2386091 - 02/28/04 05:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for holding the light of reason and logic to an area where there is a great deal of fear and mis-information. I really enjoyed reading that, very illuminating :smile:

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2386103 - 02/28/04 05:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Good Post...I'll have to read that several times

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2386115 - 02/28/04 05:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Great post indeed!

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: matteo]
    #2386402 - 02/28/04 10:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

its all conjecture.

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: Atomisk]
    #2386501 - 02/28/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Give me a fixed point and a lever long enough and I shall lift the World"

Everything is conjecture. There is not a single thing proven beyond all doubt, therefore there is no fixed point and no foundation of "Truth" as a point of reference.

Reality?
Existence?

All things are based on assumptions. There are random assumptions and internally consistent systems of assumptions. Mine are based upon "dry" (material) and "wet" (psychological) sciences and in line with existing schools of thought. What more can one offer in logic then preaching the Gospel of the Church of Science and Common Sense, to which some 9 out of 10 people turn for enlightenment?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Anonymous

#2386516 - 02/28/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

your post gave me the chills
when i was about 6 yrs old in 1971 i was asleep(pretending) in the living room,while my parents and aunty and uncle were doing a ouiji board at the dining room table,my aunty is a heavy woman and she started to go side to side on her chair and i mean horizontally and moaning and i saw my parents shit themselves and the glass flew off the table and smashed and the woman they contacted was a crazy too.
i wouldn't touch one.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2386550 - 02/28/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ouija is the correct spelling - from Oui and Ja - 'Yes,' in French and German. It is not the material board that is the danger, it is the attitude toward demonic influences/autonomous complexes (depending upon the spiritualistic or psychological model that one adopts). It is a matter of saying "Yes" to whatever is available, and Higher Intelligences are not communicated with in this way. In fact because Higher Intelligences are 'Higher' than human consciousness, the center of which is the ego, WE are contacted by them. Our egocentric desiring mentality doesn't 'invoke' or 'evoke' Angelic Intelligence (no matter what the demonically-deluded John Dee and Enochian magicians believe). Neither are departed human beings able to be contacted via a Ouija seance.

I recommend that anyone who is intrigued by this simple and dangerous amateur mediumistic practice read Ouija: The Most Dangerous Game by Stoker Hunt. Demonic oppression/mental illness CAN be invoked by mediumistic practices...but where is the fun in that?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2386628 - 02/28/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Ouija is the correct spelling  - from Oui and Ja - 'Yes,' in French and German. It is not the material board that is the danger, it is the attitude toward demonic influences/autonomous complexes (depending upon the spiritualistic or psychological model that one adopts). It is a matter of saying "Yes" to whatever is available, and Higher Intelligences are not communicated with in this way. In fact because Higher Intelligences are 'Higher' than human consciousness, the center of which is the ego, WE are contacted by them. Our egocentric desiring mentality doesn't 'invoke' or 'evoke' Angelic Intelligence (no matter what the demonically-deluded John Dee and Enochian magicians believe).  Neither are departed human beings able to be contacted via a Ouija seance.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  Finally some good information here.  Spirits are always following and influencing you.  You are never alone.  Your way of being and thinking will attract similar spirits that are in sympathy with you.  Be truly good and willing of helping others and you will be surrounded with good spirits ready to help you out dealing with life.  Be a moronic hater and some low spirits will try to ease their own pain by helping you doin stupid stuff.  It's all about morality.

Ouija boards are in fact a way like many other way to communicate with spirits.  Using this board with the intention of having fun or being mean with em will attact low spirits and they will make fun of you.  Using the board with the *true* intention of learning about spirits, morality, existence, etc will keep you in touch with higher spirits that won't miss the occasion to help someone who really wants to evoluate.

You CAN'T hide your inner-self to spirits.  You are always an open book to them.  They read your toughts all the time and know what's in your hearts. 

If anyone interested in spiritism wants to learn a lot should read Allan Kardec.  I recommend The Spirit Book, fully available at www.allankardec.com in 4 different languages.  It is written in the form of question/answer and every answers comes from the superior spirits emselves in mediumnic communications.

Best book ever for me.  God is now my friend.

.fs.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2386665 - 02/28/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think we need a swami challenge to debunk contact with spirits?

Offlinemickywilliams2
journeyman
    #2386796 - 02/28/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive got a crazy story.

once when I was young my mom bought me a quiji board. We played with it and the typical stuff happened, ya know, youre movin it, no youre movin it.
After maybe a year of sitting in my closet I took it down from the shelf and took it out to a fire in the back yard and burned it. I didnt tell my friends that I had burned the board. Most my friends didnt know or remember I had it in my closet for so long.
A few years went by and my neighborhood was getting strange. We always heard things in the night so we called it the weed monster and joked around about he was gonna kill us. We knew it didnt really exist.
But then there were sightings with similar descriptions and people playing evil tricks on each other like flaming stars burned into the grass at the lake. It was getting crazy. Shortly after that 2 of my friends went completely nuts one was spreading evil sexual rumors about everyone in the neighborhood and everything just fell apart.
Shortly after that my aunt calls my house and talks to my father. She said she had the strangest feeling that she needed to tell him about anointing(sp?) the house shes all into church and stuff.
He annointed the house and then we began to hear noises like tapping on the walls all night. We tried not to admit that it was the weed monster and my garage had thousands of live moths just flying around..
After that I got into trouble with the law. While I was locked up my dad was talking to one of my friends about spiritual stuff. The subject of quiji boards came up during the conversation and my dad was shocked to hear what had happened with my friend.
My friend said that he and another friend were playing with a quiji board one night. They asked it its name and it spelled weed monster. They started to ask it who it wanted to kill but then got scared and just asked it who it was after. it spelled out my name. They asked it why and it said because he burned my home.

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: mickywilliams2]
    #2386896 - 02/28/04 03:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So why did you burn it anyway, I'm very curious ...

I'm very intrigued by the paranormal and the occult, and I can never use the Ouija board. My mother, myself, and before her passing my grandmother were very attuned to ghosts, spirits, things like that. Myself not as much as my elders. My mother and her mother could hear spirits "talking", speak with them, see them, and feel what they felt if the spirit wished. I can only sense them, sometimes see them, and rarely hear them. When I am around a powerful spirit, my chest feels like someone is sitting on my lungs, just my lungs, and I get heard of breath because of this. My mind also "surges", thoughts start zooming through my head at hyper speed. And they try to correlate a connection between thoughts. this is to the point I can't answer questions to well because I can forget them by the time you've finished asking if I don't focus on you speaking. I think it is the spirits thoughts, or something they are trying to get me to think about, but my mind is to feeble to handle them. So because of what I feel when strong spirits are around I can't be in the same room as someone using the Ouija board ... I would really love to use one though. My mother and lots of my friends do all the time. Maybe sometime I will ...

Sorry for the long post ...

-Speddy

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2387006 - 02/28/04 04:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen a demonstration of the board, and also a demonstration of the board after the participants agreed to do to blind folded. Once they were blind folded, the board was roated 180 degrees so that the board was now upside-down to it's original position. The people who were using the board answered yes or no questions by moving to where they thought the answer was (and then said outloud the answer, even though that part of the board was blank space)

It's a debunking show named "Bullshit!" by Penn & Teller, it runs on showtime or hbo... but you can download a copy off of Winmx. It's episode 12, Ouija Boards.

Offlinemickywilliams2
journeyman
    #2387007 - 02/28/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I burned it because I thought it was evil due to what people say about them and my dad was opposed to it from the start.
I could feel something strange as I put it on the fire but I cant explain how it felt.
it was almost like I destroyed his home so he destroyed mine.
Only good has come from it though. The only bad is in the past. Now I live next to my aunt who I talked about in the story and Im saved. Im not living a perfect life and im still on probation but now Im surrounded by good spirits.

Do any of the spirits you feel/hear seem to be destructive?

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: mickywilliams2]
    #2387064 - 02/28/04 04:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well good to hear that things seem better now. That was a crazy thing to happen.

Only felt a couple destructive ones. One I swear was trying to control me and I was in a very old cemetery with someone that was starting to talk bad about the people's names, the way the headstones looked, stuff like that. If you've ever gotten a muscle spasm and your arm bends when it happens, well that's what it was like, just without the muscle spasm. It felt really creepy, like me inside my body with someone else moving me. It only was as much as a step forward, my arm raised and I felt the urge to point at him (if that makes sense). I knew right then that I had to leave, I didn't want him to get hurt, and I didn't want to really get taken over ... That was the craziest thing to ever happen to me, and I pray it never happens again. I think the only reason it did happen is because at the time I was the only person in the group that believed in ghosts and the afterlife and what not.

-Speddy

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Ouiji Boards [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2387196 - 02/28/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I dont like to base my beleifs on TV shows, but thats besides the point...

Alot of experts in the study of the mind think the game brings out repressed "spirits" in the mind of the human. They say the board just acts as a medium of the subconcious mind to reflect its ideas, and "characters" or ghosts which represent darker sides of the psyche.

Also Shroom Hermit, what you inferred is not what you implied. Are you saying that just because the answer circle wasent on the YES mark , that the spirits, or guides couldent still be saying yes? Your problem is that you are thinking in a linear versus configurational framework.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract