Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
I like it when snp is busy
    #2385526 - 02/28/04 01:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

...cuz i get to post stuff and people reply to it even, like:

I was high, and we were thinking about life after death. And we had thoughts like, what if there is an immortal soul. That'd be cool, but how would it affect me?

Okay, well, uhh, first we supposed that evolution didn't have an end result in mind. It just adapts to present circumstance; "what do i need to adapt to," "what skills do i want next" type of thing.

Then we figured, if the soul is immortal, maybe evolution knows (and i dont mean consiously, persay, but at least one or the other can affect one or the other) that each living organism will die eventually, but their immortal soul will continue to inhabit the universe.

The we tangented to a cool supposition. What if all the "ghosts" (we'll call them) are the driving force behind evolution. All the past lives deciding where to go next.

which lead to ideas about discord among the dead. possibly even spiritual wars fought over differences of opinion. Who says we need another finger? Let's see x-ray vision!

at any rate, i was left thinking about how I should be happy I get anytime to experience at all. and isn't that what it's all about?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I like it when snp is busy [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2385939 - 02/28/04 04:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"what if all ghosts..."

AH that is a really cool thought. I can visualize it in an imaginative and plausible way. No, I don't believe it, but that's a really cool 'supposition'.

About evolution adapting to just the present situation, that's a great way to anthropomorphsosise evolution! What would be interesting to consider is what kind of issues would arrive when you are presented with a self-aware product of evolution, whom is able to abstractually visualize the futre, past and present.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2386030 - 02/28/04 06:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
Okay, well, uhh, first we supposed that evolution didn't have an end result in mind. It just adapts to present circumstance; "what do i need to adapt to," "what skills do i want next" type of thing.

:mad: I just came out of a thread about capitalism and was about to start my own post about adaptation... and here is this thought! Myself, I HATE it when S and P is busy, because then people say something that I was about to say.  :lol:

Hhhm.. still might make my post, though...... :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2386393 - 02/28/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

>>recalcitrant: The we tangented to a cool supposition. What if all the "ghosts" (we'll call them) are the driving force behind evolution. All the past lives deciding where to go next.

Ghosts have no reason to drive evolution. They are not human, and the human body doesn't matter except to house the spirit.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology