Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Should I Test My Mind??? Please Help!?
    #2385251 - 02/28/04 12:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The last I touched any hardcore drug (mushrooms) was in July 2003. Since January of 2003 I have had a very uncomfortable case of G.A.D. which has been with me 24/7 up to this very day. In August I was put on Paxil Cr (12.5mg) later I was bumped up to 25mg and then to 37.5mg < but I never made it to that dose because I dislike the sexual side effects so I was switched to 10mg of Lexapro (which is the equivilant to inbetween 25mg-37.5 Paxil Cr).

So anyway...I was switched to Lexapro maybe 1.5 weeks ago. A big festival is comming up (Ultra 6). I have been waiting for this since I went last year. I want to take Mushrooms. I know that SSRI's can prevent or help people trip. My friend on Lexapro can trip very nicely on Mushrooms (but then again I may be different)...anyway. I still feel physical anxiety every day (tension in my chest which triggers psychological messages which antagonize me)...I was thinking that since I would be with 3 good friends (and one person I don't know), probably be in a fantastic mood because I'm having fun dancing, and have Valium, Klonopin, & Xanax w/ me. That maybe trying to test my mind with the power of Mushrooms may be something I could handle.

I don't know what to do. Should I risk ruining my night? Or could I very much possibly have a great time at this massive festival on Mushrooms?

Please, some advice is needed.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebeam
Re: Should I Test My Mind??? Please Help!? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #2385610 - 02/28/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Its really hard to tell, i personally think you'll be fine but before you do anything do you actually understand where your anxiety is coming from? What has caused it? because until you realise its going to be hard for it to go away, then again if you realise now you could jump to conclusions on your trip or misenterperate the experience and what your feeling and go into a bad trip.

To tell you the truth i hate the idea of SSRI's, i reckon they fuck with your head even though i have never had them, as far as i know mushrooms, e's etc, any drugs that mess with your serotonin garentee increased anxiety and sometimes depression after the drug has completely worn off. All the advice i can give you, from my own personnal experience is quit every chemical your taking even the SSRI's, or any drug you are taking and get into meditation. I have been listening to these meditation tapes from www.centrepointe.com and my anxiety has almost completely gone away plus it teaches how to handle what is causing you anxiety.

But as what happened to me, and what is said to happen in the program is it CAN get worse before it gets better, but don't give up man cause it will eventually go away and when it does its the best thing.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2385802 - 02/28/04 03:28 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Depends on your atitude to shrooms. If you love them and don't feel anxious about what effect they'll have you'll probably enjoy yourself. If you go into the trip scared and apprehensive you'll probably have a nightmare.

But if you do trip remember the shrooms do care about you. Don't fight it - just trust the shrooms and let em go to work in peace  :smile2:

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Should I Test My Mind??? Please Help!? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2388509 - 02/29/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Depends on your atitude to shrooms. If you love them and don't feel anxious about what effect they'll have you'll probably enjoy yourself. If you go into the trip scared and apprehensive you'll probably have a nightmare.

I've only shroomed twice:

1st Time (October 2002): Mushroom Chocolates + Ecstasy...I had a good time, there was one time where I kinda felt a little mad because I was at a party where there were old friends who I had broken it off with this I was trying to avoid them, plus there was loud music, lots of multiple conversations and tons a lighting effects, so I had to go outside and sit in my silent car for a few minutes to escape all that...but then I spent the rest of the night cuddling w/ an old girlfriend of mine and it was an amazing experience at then on :smile:

2nd Time (July 2003): I was alone in my house (Mom was out of town)...I wasn't on any meds for my anxiety yet, I was nervous going into it, that I might have an anxiety episode but then again I really wanted to trip...but my mind frame while coming up was "I shouldn't have done this." The all hell broke loose and I had a really bad 6 hours!!!!

I've decided that I am NOT going to take Mushrooms at this event, becaue of the setting (A Massive 40,000ppl event)...even though I would be in a great mood I don't wanna freak out and A) Ruin my friends time while they are having to calm me down or watch me all night. B) Ruin my night which I have been looking forward to for so long.

I've decided that if I'm going to test my mind (which I STILL may not do) is...a few days after that event me and 3 very close friends are going to a Cabin up in North Carolina...nature + seclusion + good friends + relaxed enviornment + benzos (just in case) = a possibly better and more successful positive trip.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

InvisibleVoodoo
Stranger

#2388930 - 02/29/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DannyBoy said:
The last I touched any hardcore drug (mushrooms) 

That single statement could very well be the source of some anxiety during a trip. Mushrooms are not "hardcore" as you put it. In the big scheme of things they are actually very mild and gentle on your body. :wink:

--------------------
http://www.nramembership.org/

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Should I Test My Mind??? Please Help!? [Re: Voodoo]
    #2391773 - 03/01/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

...well I got ancy and decided to see if I could handle it. So I called up a friend and we went to the beach (it was a beautiful beach day, nice sun w/ a soothing breeze)...

We ate 3.5 Dried grams of Lipa Yai/Koh Samui mushrooms (from Thailand)...about 1 hour before we ate them I took half of a 1mg Klonopin, just to easy my jitters.

Well since I hadn't eaten anything yet, the mushrooms hit me within 5 minutes if that. By the time we found a decent spot to set up our stuff I already was watching the clouds morph and spin.

Maybe 30 minutes later, reality as I had known it was shattered and I was in what could only be described as psychedelic heaven....it was the best drug experience of my life. I'm so glad I did it, and I'm going to do it again.

However, I don't think I will be doing it at that Massive Dance Festival because I'd rather save them for the camping trip, because I will be out in nature and shrooms have this effect on nature that is beyond words, it's like nature comes alive and your watching all the civilizations which are in each cell of everything.

Wow, that day at the beach was magical, profound, and very spiritual. For the first time in 2 years I have no felt any feeling of anxiousness or fear...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience