Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? * 1
    #2381639 - 02/27/04 12:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've been spotted 3 times by land owners.

The first guy, Farmer Joe, as I call him, got out his nine iron, and started hitting golf balls at us. I figure he is having fun, so we continued to collect mushrooms, while dodging balls. My friend stole a couple of his golf balls too.

Then on another property there is always this lady who eventually spots us and just stands at the top of the paddock with her hands on her hips and stares at us. We wave to her, and then leave.

On my favourite mushroom farm, there lives a family, and we have to sneak right past their house to get to the car. So there we are walking along with MacDonalds bags full of shrooms, and we just said G'day, and they smiled and said "how ya goin" back to us. Nice friendly people.

I figure I'm lucky I live in laid-back Australia, where people don't dob you into the cops, or pull out their rifles, like they do in America.

The cows are a different story though. They stand there staring us down trying to intimidate us. Particularly the bulls.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: teen] * 1
    #2381710 - 02/27/04 12:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

^ My nominee for shroomery member most likely to be gored by a bull

Those are some good stories though, I've only hunted in one field and I haven't gone back since I heard somebody walking towards me and ran away. Here the person would probably just come out to yell at you - then again you never know with farmer types.

--------------------
]

Offlinecwbfromtheksvi
CWB

Loc: Central, FL
    #2381720 - 02/27/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive had one farmer come after me and a few friends, it was in probably my best producing field probably about 150-200 acres of cow pastures behind a friends house. Me and 3 other friends where picking, me and 1 friend went one way while the other 2 went the other. All of a sudden we saw a dually pickup flying down the back road(about 1 mile away from where we were) me and my picking partner started yelling to my 2 other friends who where by this time across the field about .5 miles away, but they couldnt hear us. They just kept picking, not noticing the truck. So after yelling awhile I just decided to run, nothing more I could do for my friends I thought. After running back to nuetral territory, I was scared for my friends as the truck was headed their way, they showed up about 10 minutes later having ran down some rail-road tracks eluding the farmer. Very scary! Havent been back since.

Edit: It is known fact that around here farmers dont play. They will shoot you with salt rock or just straight whoop your ass(central florida rednecks).

Edited by cwbfromtheksvi (02/27/04 12:48 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: cwbfromtheksvi] * 1
    #2382019 - 02/27/04 03:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You guys are lucky. I've had to chat with many many police officers and rangers who suspected i was pickin mushrooms, but i was never arrested. The scariest time was when i had 2 handfuls of shrooms in my hands, plus 10 weighed out 8ths in my backpack on me. I was pickin on the side of this long long street that goes along the beach in humboldt county. The next thing I knew there was a cop pulling over to the side of the road to where I was, and I didn't realize it was a cop at first cuz he was in a bronco and the only way I could identify him as a pig was from the badge on the side of it. He pulled over and I had my back turned to him, so I ditched my 2 handfulls of mushrooms I was holding into a bush that was right infront of me, (at the time he was pulling I was pulling out a bag to put these shrooms in) and then i pulled out a sandwich and sat down on the sand and started eating it (thought i was busted for sure, didn't know what the hell else to do). The cop walked up and asked me how old i was, then asked why i'm not in school, but luckily I didn't show any nervousness and bullshitted the pig by saying that I only attend school on monday, wednesday, and friday, (it was thursday) and the idiot bought it. He knew exactly what I was doing and tried to search my backpack but I would not give him consent. after about another 15 minutes of bullshitting him he got in his bronco and took off.

As far as it goes with peoples yards, they usually just stand outside and stare at me until I leave. I could give a shit unless they have a gun or call the police who have many guns.

Anonymous

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: ] * 1
    #2382022 - 02/27/04 03:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've never had a run-in with the cops where I had to refuse to let them search my personal belongings. How did handle the situation by "bullshitting" him, Eraserhead? (i.e. please go into more detail as to how you refused to let him search your bag) :beer:

Anonymous

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: daba] * 1
    #2382030 - 02/27/04 03:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

He asked me if I had any identification on my or in my backpack and I told him no. Then he asked me what was in my bag and if he could search it. I told him I had the rest of my lunch and that he did not have my permission to search it.

Anonymous

#2382035 - 02/27/04 04:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I told him I was walking from one little town to another, if you're familiar with humboldt county I told him I was walking from Manila to Fairhaven. He tried to call up my continuation school to see if I was supposed to be there which I WAS supposed to be, but either couldn't get the number or just didn't bother callin them. He told me that usually when people are out here this time of day it's because they're pickin shrooms. I then gave him a drugs are bad speech and made up a story about my brother (i do not have a brother) and how drugs ruined his life. That kinda crap always worked with teachers, and the cop ended up drivin off. All I could do was sit there and laugh after he left because the whole time I was positive I was going to get arrested.

Anonymous

#2382059 - 02/27/04 04:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I HATE COPS

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2382641 - 02/27/04 09:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, what kind of mushrooms are you picking in Humbolt County?

mj

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: mjshroomer] * 1
    #2384100 - 02/27/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive been caught my farmers. although, i really only should count the ones i dont already know very well...

this one farmer caught me and asked what i was up o, i said "pickin mushrooms" hes like, "HA HA HA! getcha high?"
"well" i said, and pointed to the bluing reaction "these ones woith the bluing reaction will" then i open up my bag and its pretty clear that these are the only mushrooms om bothering to pick.
hes all "have fun"
he said he has no problem with me usung his property.
this fall while picking libs i helped him by alerting him to the location of a dead cow.
he knows me and niggy arent trouble makers. :smile:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2384147 - 02/27/04 04:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i've been spotted, by farmers, by other shroomers, by construction workers, by coppers, by cows, by turtles, armadillos, snakes and everything else between...... not very often though, not often at all, and only in fields that i would never step foot into again, i like to not be seen and have to deal with that and i have a couple locations i never have to worry.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2384556 - 02/27/04 06:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was out picking P. semilanceata in the Peak District National Park late last November and a park ranger pulled up in his off roader, walked up to me with a smile on his face and said "Have you managed to pick many magic mushrooms then?" I showed him the contents of my bag and said (with a joint hanging out of my mouth) that it had been a bad year for them due to the lack of rain but I hadn't done too bad considering. We had a natter for 5 minutes or so and he mentioned a few other sites where he'd seen people picking and then he went on his merry way!  :lol:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: Mitchnast] * 1
    #2384808 - 02/27/04 07:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

very nice people i've met so far. lets hope it stays that way :grin:

a tip i recieved once was buy a bag of mushroom compost and water it and it will produce some mushrooms for you throughoutt he summer. worth a shot, and if it stops producing, it will make a great addition to the compost pile :smile:

keep out of places with no tresspassing sings :smile:

Edited by NiGGy (02/27/04 08:04 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: NiGGy] * 1
    #2384943 - 02/27/04 08:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i tried innoculating dung heaps with spent substrate niggy,  remember that spot i picked those crazy huge p subbs?  well, when i first found them i thought perhaps the p/cubensis grew,
i was also high, so i thought somehow they hybridized.... :P
(after, of course, the two seconds it took me to realize they were pans because im just so damn good, huzzah!)
  stll tho, try it :smile:  i know alot of people have success, even by accident

Offlinekenjaman
half-a-centurypsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pinellas County, Florida
    #2385180 - 02/27/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well folks.... I live in a very populated residential area made up of several small cities (kinda? pseudo suburbia) - Long story made short.... one morning last summer while I was hunting close to my home and utilizing practical stealth technology I noticed a sheriff?s car stopped at the intersection about 50 yards away (for a little too long). I crouched down and waited several minutes until the car moved on down the road. About 30 minutes later when I was farther into the field, I looked up and about 100 yards away saw an unmarked car on the roadside with the parking lights on. Again I dropped to a crouched waiting position and minutes ticked by.... each time I looked - the car was still sitting there. After about 20 minutes I decided to ?do my time? quietly contemplating the beginning of a new day. In my next situational awareness ? I realized the sun was up, it was mid-morning warm and the sheriff?s car was still sitting there. After waiting another 10 minutes or so (sensing my somewhat precarious position..... but not in checkmate yet), I decided to make my move.

This was right at a ?T? intersection and as the morning Home Depot traffic picked up.... I found a five second blind-spot from the sheriff?s view each time a car would turn the ?T? in front of him. I applied myself during one of these opportunities to run like .....what? I got to the edge of the field that had bunches of concealing brush to adventure through. I couldn?t go out the same way I came in as ?IT WAS STILL THERE? and I never planned an alternate route home. I spent about another hour hunting deeper in the field and farther from the ?T? roads. Just to be on the safe side (actually chicken would be more like it).... I consumed my morning find of small copes and headed home empty handed.... right by the ?T? intersection where that ?ominous vehicle? had been staking-out my personal paradise. My wife found me about halfway home as she was leaving to come look for me (it was about 10am and I?m usually home by 6:30am). Isn?t this life a wonderful adventure....(who said kicks were for just for trids) huh?!?!?!?

peace, kenjaman.

Invisiblejoe_millionaire
Lifelong Student

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: kenjaman] * 1
    #2386139 - 02/28/04 06:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was spotted by a friend of the land owner.

The police were called and I was arrested for trespassing. I had to take a shower and was made to wear prison garbs while I feverishly negotiated getting bonded out. I posted bail four or five hours later, was released into the middle of bum fuck egypt (where the county jail was located.) I still had my cell phone, so I phoned a friend (at 12 in the morning) He was nice enough to meet me a few miles away from the jail.

It was a hellacious day/night.

So, I bought my own cow so I didn't have to go on other peoples land.

--------------------
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

Anonymous

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: joe_millionaire] * 1
    #2387338 - 02/28/04 07:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

mjshroomer, Cyanescens are whta I was picking in Humboldt. Loads of em. Altogether last season me and a friend picked close to 8 pounds dry.

OfflinebioTek
5-HTP lover

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: joe_millionaire] * 1
    #2388912 - 02/29/04 12:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

joe_millionaire said:
...So, I bought my own cow so I didn't have to go on other peoples land.

so about how much does a cow cost?

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Have you ever been spotted picking shrooms? [Re: bioTek] * 1
    #2389962 - 03/01/04 12:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

more than a poor man's pod, i'm sure...

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

Offlinewookie
life enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: the north state (Californ...
    #2390724 - 03/01/04 10:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I did well in that same area of humboldt county, even though I arived late in the season. I have been lucky and go to spots where noone can see me. so I didnt have any trouble. cant wait til' the next cyanescens season :smile:

--------------------
-=* dUMb \/\/00kIe *=-

Edited by wookie (03/01/04 10:05 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale