Home | Community | Message Board


Coca Leaf Shop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Potato Dextrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekeyeghost
?

Registered: 09/04/02
Posts: 123
A couple ?'s re: clones, agar, & casings
    #2382713 - 02/27/04 12:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks in advance for any info,

From her first flush, my friend took the base of the stem of the two most "charismatic" fruits, she then cleansed them properly and stored one in a 10% H2O2 solution w/ filter lid and one in a 20% H202. She is ready to clone to some peroxidated PDA, but the water in one of the jars is almost perfectly clear, and the solution in the other jar is more of a yellow color. Is it safe to use these stem bodies or is this likely a contam?

The agar ? ... has anyone used "Sugar in the Raw" as a replacement for honey? My friend will try it, but she was curious.

My friend has not cased in a long time and she decided to case after her first flush using jiffy mix. Now, after the casing layer is about 50% colonized, there is an area that looks similiar to the tiny strands that are descriptive of cobweb mold, though it does not appear to be growing very fast (really actually can't tell at this point), and it does not have the more greyish color of cobweb. So does mycelium sometimes spread it's way through a casing layer with smaller strands of myc than what is seen on the bulk sub layer?

Thanks

Ki


--------------------
"time couldn't end me, even the great devil Satan who tried to befriend me, understand the equality, God in the bodily form, lettin my knowledge be born" RZA as Prince Rakeem


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Registered: 01/04/04
Posts: 470
Last seen: 14 years, 1 month
Re: A couple ?'s re: clones, agar, & casings [Re: keyeghost]
    #2382792 - 02/27/04 12:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

keyeghost said:
From her first flush, my friend took the base of the stem of the two most "charismatic" fruits, she then cleansed them properly and stored one in a 10% H2O2 solution w/ filter lid and one in a 20% H202.  She is ready to clone to some peroxidated PDA, but the water in one of the jars is almost perfectly clear, and the solution in the other jar is more of a yellow color.  Is it safe to use these stem bodies or is this likely a contam?




I'd use them, but always do 10% more jars than you'll need to plan for any contaminations. I'd say it's mycelia piss.  Also, for the future, if she dunks the chunk in some h2o2 (regular out-of-the-bottle) for about 5 minutes, then dips it in sterile water (to rinse off the h2o2) and then puts it in a dextrose/water solution, the mycelia will not only store, it'll grow in the liquid, so it's being nourished. then you can slurp it out with a syringe.  Just some advice :smile:
Quote:


The agar ? ... has anyone used "Sugar in the Raw" as a replacement for honey?  My friend will try it, but she was curious.




Should work, clear corn syrup (karo syrup w/ vanilla) works great too, both of them make for a clean liquid.  What agar recipie are you using that uses sugar/honey?
Quote:


My friend has not cased in a long time  and she decided to case after her first flush using jiffy mix.  Now, after the casing layer is about 50% colonized, there is an area that looks similiar to the tiny strands that are descriptive of cobweb mold, though it does not appear to be growing very fast (really actually can't tell at this point), and it does not have the more greyish color of cobweb.  So does mycelium sometimes spread it's way through a casing layer with smaller strands of myc than what is seen on the bulk sub layer?




Yes, the mycelia can come through in "points" that spread outwards.  Let it go a few days, see if it keeps looking mycelia-like or if it starts looking like cobweb. good luck
Thanks

Ki




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekeyeghost
?

Registered: 09/04/02
Posts: 123
Re: A couple ?'s re: clones, agar, & casings [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2383080 - 02/27/04 02:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The quick reply is most appreciated!

My friend is using the PDA (I guess it's called) tek. Broth from 150g of boiled white potatoes, (about 150ml of broth), 350 ml distilled H20 and 9g AGAR.

Any reccomendations??

Thanks


--------------------
"time couldn't end me, even the great devil Satan who tried to befriend me, understand the equality, God in the bodily form, lettin my knowledge be born" RZA as Prince Rakeem


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Potato Dextrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* should i spray casings with h202 indican 643 2 09/04/01 08:59 PM
by indican
* misting casing w/ H202 jimsuzo 1,124 3 08/14/02 05:59 AM
by Anno
* Re: Casing Layer is Dry Anonymous 659 2 01/16/00 11:01 AM
by Anonymous
* and one casing question mahookah 504 1 10/20/01 05:15 PM
by puscle
* casing humidification? HongKongChewy 1,014 11 03/21/02 05:27 PM
by BeppoMarx
* greeny fuzy casings! What now?! help! Splat 569 5 04/21/02 06:02 AM
by Splat
* casing question UFOz8MyGoat 460 2 08/20/02 08:20 AM
by Bruiser
* Casing Question SlamDog_C 670 5 02/27/02 04:18 PM
by cookiewhore

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
664 topic views. 17 members, 75 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2018 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 19 queries.