Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezi1iz
informationsponge

Loc: Midwest
Anyone watching CSI tonight?
    #2380930 - 02/26/04 07:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm watching CSI and there is this guy who kills himself while taking some sort of hallucinogen....anyways.......it was made from the bark of some tree... the iboga tree????? I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this or has the correct spelling.
thanks

--------------------
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.
Ansel Adams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Anyone watching CSI tonight? [Re: zi1iz]
    #2381015 - 02/26/04 08:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ibogaine...currently being used in some places as a treatment for heroin addiction...I heard that Marc Emery has set up a clinic in Canada providing this treatment.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Anyone watching CSI tonight? [Re: zi1iz]
    #2381048 - 02/26/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm doing my graduate school research on Ibogaine at the moment. It was funny because me and my wife were watching CSI and I was talking about some of my professors enthuisiasm about my bringing Ibogaine research to the university. Then they talked about Ibogaine on CSI. Wierd coincidence. I don't like much TV ,but dig CSI.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Anyone watching CSI tonight? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2381118 - 02/26/04 08:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I should also note my research doesn't involve working with the actual drug(yet).
I'm just compliling data and evidence. I'm going to Europe next week and am going to be gathering more data while in Amstersdam. Thats not my reason for going, but I am taking the oppertunity of my trip to gather more data.

Ibogaine shows alot of potential. It's not a perminant cure. Put into a workable therapuetic model it has the possibility to help addicts who otherwise cannot get free of the chains of addiction.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Anyone watching CSI tonight? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2382143 - 02/27/04 06:19 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

not a permannent cure...
but 6 months (& up to a year or more) without significant "craving" for re-entry into opiate stupor/bliss/addiction ain't bad...
hey cc72, how about some of the other african plants (& even american plants) with ibogaine or iboga-type alkaloids in 'em? (low to moderate doses have a rep as powerful aphrodesiacs; large to "break open the head" level doses, well, sounds like it could be a powerful "teacher plant" (but hardly what anyone could call "fun" hehheh)
hmmm, i wonder if any herbal vendors sell kilograms of Trachelospermum jasminoides rootbark... of course, i would never dream of doing a vinegar/ammonia water crude freebase alkaloids extraction to compute yields, let alone simple cleanup/recrystallization procedures to isolate purified alkaloids for chromatagraphic analysis (except in a laboratory setting with proper disposal facilities available, mmmmkay?)
ummmm, whazaat, mmkay, ta-ta...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder