Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSketchy105
Curious Newcomer

Loc: United Sates of America
Everyone? I'm New and I have questions.
    #2380229 - 02/26/04 05:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would like to thank you guys for being informative and nice to the new guy! Uh, let's see, I have not yet tried shrooms -- but the last few nights I have read a significant amount on these boards and abroad. Before my decision to make this thread, I searched on the engine and didn't find all of my answers; for such a convenient task as asking more experienced folks than myself and recieving my answer in a matter of hours is just incredible. On to the questions!

Are you ready for the next? This one might be a toughy, but I'm sure you can handle it. How worried should I be, when taking in mushrooms, about it being laced or poisonous.

Ah ha... here is where it could get difficult. I live in Dallas, Texas of the United States. I looked on the FAQ about what kind of species lives in your area, and the following live here: Psilocybe cubensis
Copelandia cyanescens, Gymnopolis spectabilis, Gymnopilus luteofolius. My question regarding this is actually a multiple hit question (You know the kind, where ONE question is a cluster of 2-6 questions?). How dangrous is looking for my own mushrooms with little knowledge on how to locate them successfully Does each kind of mushroom give you a different TYPE of trip?

I plan on doing shrooms on March 26th (I thought I would plan sufficiently for the most optimum trip), when should I acquire them and how long after I acquire them (dried) can I use them?

How does fasting inhance the experience and woulnd't my hunger make the trip less exciting? Can I eat while tripping?

There. Phew. I apologize if I have asked any questions that I could have found on the site. I appreciate your honest answers!

Edit: Revised Questions

--------------------
I ain't happy, I'm feelin glad
I got sunshine, in a bag...
I'm useless but not for long
The future is comin on

Edited by Sketchy105 (02/26/04 06:26 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Everyone? I'm New and I have questions. [Re: Sketchy105]
    #2380347 - 02/26/04 06:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the mods are gonna be pissed bro  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offline123
 User Gallery

Re: Everyone? I'm New and I have questions. [Re: iloveraving]
    #2380459 - 02/26/04 06:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

dude, sketchy, how old are you? i'd say somewhere around 13-16

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2380479 - 02/26/04 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

REad the ultimate shroom guide here in the shroomery.

then look only for Psilocybe cubensis and/or Copelandia cyanescens. They grow only from manure. I really doubt that you will find any Gymnopilus since they are rare in your state but there. Avoid them because some poisonous shrooms look similar. Stick to the Cow shit and be sure to post a picture before eating anything so that we can make sure you won't poison o yourself.

mj

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2380481 - 02/26/04 06:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"My first question is a relatively simple one to get your brain juices flowing. What season are most shrooms in full spring?"

MJshroomer has a great site that will answer all the natural growing habits of the species you listed. You can find the info here: http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

"Are you ready for the next? This one might be a toughy, but I'm sure you can handle it. How worried should I be, when purchasing shrooms from a known source, about it being laced or poisonous?"

If you know your seller, then you should know your sellers source. Does he go out and hunt for them? If he hunts for them, does he know how to distinguish from deadly look-a-likes? Does he grow them himself or knows someone who does? Does he know which kind of species he's selling. Is he educated on the topic of hallucinogenic mushrooms or is he just trying to make a quick buck? Does he have a recomendation on how much you should consume? How you should consume them? What the experience will be like?

These are all questions you should be able to ask the person your buying mushrooms from, and you should be able to recieve quick and decisive answers in return. If the person who your buying from can answer all thoes questions, I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. Although, if he goes out and hunts for them you could be taking a risk.

"What kind of prices can I find Shrooms for in texas (On average)? Does this price stay consistent through the year (As each one goes out of season.. like supply and demand.? How dangrous is looking for my own mushrooms with little knowledge on how to locate them successfully Does each kind of mushroom give you a different TYPE of trip?"

Typically prices range from $25 - $35 an 1/8. Prices can vary with supply and demand. If you're paying over 35, you're paying way too much. If they're P. cubensis, I wouldn't pay over $25 for an 1/8.

Looking for your own mushrooms can be very dangerous. If it something you are actually considering doing, you should go out and buy serveral mushroom field guides and go around trying to find any mushroom you can and try to identify them. You'll find that even mushrooms that you see everyday on your front lawn are extremely difficult to identify, even with a field guide. I highly suggest you try growing your own before you go out and hunt.

The trips from different kinds of shrooms are generally going to be the same. You'll deffinatly notice some differences, though. The biggest difference between species is potency. With a higher potency, the less you have to consume and vice-versa.

"I plan on doing shrooms on March 26th (I thought I would plan sufficiently for the most optimum trip), when should I buy them and how long after I buy them (dried) can I use them?"

You can buy them when ever you wish before 3/26. Just make sure you store the shrooms in a dark, cool, dry place.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineSketchy105
Curious Newcomer

Loc: United Sates of America
Re: Everyone? I'm New and I have questions. [Re: djd586]
    #2380642 - 02/26/04 07:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

DJD, I truly appreciate your advice and I'll value it for many days to come. When someone begins something, you have to understand that they will not know everythign and will have to ask specific baseline questions to fully appreciate the inticacies of something like Shrooms. The basics. once I get out of my 'holier than thou' stage (I often refer to it as my noobie stage) I hope that you all will like my addition to the message board.

--------------------
I ain't happy, I'm feelin glad
I got sunshine, in a bag...
I'm useless but not for long
The future is comin on

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2380652 - 02/26/04 08:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1. You wouldn't need to be worried at all if you grew them yourself. :smile:
I am afraid of the U.S. and all the wacko's that live there. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being no fear or possiblity of poisoning/lacing and 10 being certainty of these things, I (being a reactionary and without any knowledge of Texas or its drug culture) would rate my concern for buying texan shrooms at 7. But I'd probably get over it.

2. I have zero exp with hunting. Keep reading, visit the hunting forum. Get one of those mushroom hunting books. Use every method for detection possible, better safe than sorry.

3. In my exp, every trip is different. This is due to me changing, not the strain, IMHO.

4. You're not going to lose any noticable potency even if you got some dried shrooms today and saved them until march 26.

5. Fasting will make the shrooms come on faster. It'll seem more intense, sure, probably wont last as long, and yes, you might have some tripping discomfort associated with being hungry. But, I STRONGLY recommend eating while tripping, things taste... well, you tell me how they taste :wink:

6. Welcome!

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2381578 - 02/27/04 01:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to say that but you'll be banned. You must be older than 18 to be here.

DONT go shroom hunting dude please!
I never heard any stories of shroom being laced in my area but be cautious anyway. If it smells very bad or wierd, I say dont buy it.

see ya in 2 years :grin:

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
    #2382175 - 02/27/04 08:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm just a boredphuck.

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

OfflineTheDarkSideof_Paco
Seeker

Loc: My basement
    #2384465 - 02/27/04 07:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah your profile says you're only 16, which is blatantly against the rules. Also your full name, city and state... NOT TOO BRIGHT. Magic Mushrooms are a schedule I drug in the US. Think before you post brotha.

--------------------
"In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us."

Thich Nhat Hanh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience