Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineseeker
Curator ofBarbaricRefinery

Loc: between Here and There
Killin' and Compensation
    #2376676 - 02/25/04 04:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What if the penalty for murder(or manslaughter) wasn't twenty-five to life, but instead inheriting the debt of your victim? If your victim has a spouse, you would be required to pay the victims estimated income (minus what would be taken out for taxes) to them for one year. As for dependents, for minors you would pay (yearly) your victim's (estimated) share for the child's health and well being (food, clothes, schooling) until they reach leagal age, for dependents of leagal age you would be required to pay your victims share of any current (car payments) or foreseeable (three more years of colledge) debt. On top of these there would be any other debt in your victims name at his/her time of death (credit card payments, student loans, ect,...). If you can't pay the standing debt in a lump sum, your incarcerated. If you are unable to pay the annual fees, your incarcerated. If you are incarcerated, your living expenses will be charged to you.
Aside from breaking big stones into little ones, or printing license plates, the offender would have to have open to them means of generating revenue to pay off their debt. This would probably come down to writing, crafts, or "selling" of services to the incarcerating institution (electrician, plumber, engineer, ect,...), with all proffit going to pay their debt.
Just to make clear seriousness of the matter (murder not mansluaghter), if while incarcerated the offender is deliquent on payments for longer than one year, the debt and the individual are terminated, with a suicide option availible at any time.
Think of the affect this would have if it were aplied to other crimes as well.

--------------------
In a state of anarchy every individual is their own kingdom.

Thou art God (but so am i :wink:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Killin' and Compensation [Re: seeker]
    #2376706 - 02/25/04 04:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good. I know a few poor bastards I'd like to kill if all I had to worry about was a fine.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2376805 - 02/25/04 05:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So the poor go to jail... and the rich buy their way out?

I see you gave this a lot of thought. Either that or you're rich and looking to kill someone.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/25/04 05:30 PM)

Offlineseeker

Re: Killin' and Compensation [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2376825 - 02/25/04 05:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So the poor go to jail... and the rich buy their way out?

Isn't that the system we already have?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2376841 - 02/25/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nope. Currently, the rich can afford better lawyers, yet what you advocate is actually buying your way off.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Loc: Holland
    #2376950 - 02/25/04 06:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with luvdemshrooms...for once. :thumbup:

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Offlineseeker

Re: Killin' and Compensation [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2377164 - 02/25/04 08:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How many wealthy people do think wana go around killing poor people?

Aside from it being a waste of time and money, people don't get rich on their own. People have to do business with them first, and nobody wants to do business with a known killer. Yes, there would be some who could pay the all the fines and still walk away in pretty good shape, but I would think it better that the obligations of their victims be taken care of instead of forcing the victims family to pay lawyer and court fees to seek compensation, and I'm not talking about emotional distress (have you seen the costs of burial lately).
Anyway, the truly sadistic or psychopathic should be killed upon identification, as well as having their assets used to pay their debt. Meaning OJ would not only be dead but he'd of still had to sell his trophies.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2377194 - 02/25/04 08:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

How many wealthy people do think wana go around killing poor people?

Isn't one too many?

--------------------

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #2379432 - 02/26/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Really you don't have to be rich, find yourself a hobo, who has no income, his estimated income from begging couldn't be more than $5 a day, on a REALLY good day, so you just have to pay his (family???) $5 daily for a year, so what? just don't eat lunch. Stupid idea. What makes it worse is you're serious.

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2380079 - 02/26/04 02:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Bill Gates could kill North Carolina.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: Killin' and Compensation [Re: rommstein2001]
    #2380219 - 02/26/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rommstein2001 said:
Really you don't have to be rich, find yourself a hobo, who has no income, his estimated income from begging couldn't be more than $5 a day, on a REALLY good day, so you just have to pay his (family???) $5 daily for a year, so what? just don't eat lunch. Stupid idea. What makes it worse is you're serious.

Actually, bums make much more money than that. I've seen numerous studies in "survivalist" type magazines, and other more credible sources, where people went out dressed like bums and made easily 10$ / hour, no taxes. Not that it really matters for the hypothetical situation, but still.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom