Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff
    #2376721 - 02/25/04 04:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking about it, a lot. In the past when indegenous tribes would ingest psychoactive plants, beforehand there would usually be some kind of ritual or fasting. Abstaining from meats, sex, stimulates, drugs, etc. We live in modern times of consumption and speed so most of us, I assume, are taking our psychedelics the same way we take asprin persay, in the fact that you don't really clear out your mind/body completely when you pop a pill of asprin. We may do some type of preparation, be it eating fruits all day prior to the trip or eating nothing at all, excercising, filling your mind with positive images, ect.

Do any of you have a ritual before taking any substance that induces visions, namely substances like DMT or high doses of mushrooms? I have found from my own experience that taking a psychedelic when I am ill-prepared will lead to an experience that isn't as 'magical' as it should be. Myabe that's just me...or maybe its the substance trying to tell me something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2376735 - 02/25/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

fasting, meditating, ritual magic, planning several weeks in advance when to trip.

when i do those things it always turns out good, when i don't it doesn't.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinemushmouth
Stranger

#2377048 - 02/25/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I took a class last semester about indigenous culture, there is this one tribe in Northern Brazil, the Yanamamo. They have designated members of the community that almost daily ingest large amounts of a plant that contains a very high level of DMT in order to fight off malignant spirts. The plant is by no means restricted to these people and the guy that wrote the textbook tried the stuff and swore that he would never do it again. This was after living with these people and preparing for this for quite sometime. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that no amount of preperation can insure a good trip and in my experiance the stuff that really effects my trip is in the first hour or two after taking the drug. I don't feel that this means that you shouldn't respect the drug but try to remember that it's just a plant or chemical or whatever.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2377071 - 02/25/04 07:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Fasting and meditation. :thumbup:

An empty stomach and and calm mind is a great way to go into a trip, maybe some  light relaxing music in the backround. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: mushmouth]
    #2377232 - 02/25/04 08:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the guy that wrote the textbook tried the stuff and swore that he would never do it again.

Was that the Cosmic Serpent?

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2377258 - 02/25/04 09:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I like to try and find the beauty in everything a week before I trip, focusing only on positive vibes and shooing away negative ones. I read fantastical novels and paint on canvas often during that week. On the day of tripping, I fast and will try to meditate. Also I will take a 'cleansing' bath, which mentally I will use to 'wash away' any lingering negative energies that I think might be in me. After I eat the mushrooms, I will look at a book of art, or paint another picture, or talk to my cats and pet them.

I find I feel very relaxed and calm when I do all of these things.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2377532 - 02/25/04 10:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Gotta have set & setting.  :thumbup:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2377657 - 02/25/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't really have any enlightening ritual before I trip, but I like to shower and make sure then environment I'm going to be tripping in is clean (taking in account my trip is going to be an indoor adventure.) There's just something about cleansliness that allows me to focus and remain calm.

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: djd586]
    #2377681 - 02/25/04 11:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think growing/picking and then making the shroom tea is pretty much my pre-trip ritual.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

OfflineCaptaincommando1
Stranger
    #2378037 - 02/26/04 02:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm, i'm gearing up fo rmy third time trip this Saturday, i think i'm gonna abstain from sex/junkfood until then, and see if i notice anything different. My last tim ei ate all this junkfood before/with teh shrooms and got a stomache out of nowhere once i was trippin. It sucked and kinda screwed up my secon dtrip which i did alone. Until Saturday its gonna be nothing but health food.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: djd586]
    #2378050 - 02/26/04 02:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am the same way. If I don't clean beforehand I will usually clean right after I eat them or this one time I cleaned my nasty fucking bathroom at the end of a trip. That was a weird trip. Maybe it's just I don't want to deal with the fact that I am a disgusting slob while tripping.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2378410 - 02/26/04 07:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

when i drop mushrooms i always take a moment to hold them in my hand, look at them and ponder what they are, that is, an actual intellegence that i am taking into my body
so i welcome them like i would a guest to my house
and say 'hi there i hope were gonna have a good time together' kinda thing and just try and mellow out as i drop them
and say something like 'show me what you have to show me'

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2379565 - 02/26/04 12:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive never tried fasting before a trip before. I assume you just fast for that one day your gonna trip? Also, is this a good technique for acid too?

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2380153 - 02/26/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A sage circle around the area i plan to be or return to.  i hold the ally while i pray, and ask it to make us truely grateful.  I write down an intention of what I would like to learn and how i will use this information.  I give an offering of blue corn or tobacco and ask what i could do in return for the ally.  and the standard exercise, cleaning, organic grapefruit - juice fasting and meditation :eyemouth:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2380159 - 02/26/04 03:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I try to eat healthy and get enough sleep, thats basically it. I just want my body and mind to be healthy and ready to harness the psychedelic energy thats about to hit me.

--------------------

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: The Psychedelic Preparation before Liftoff [Re: schmutzen]
    #2380800 - 02/26/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I really like the idea of an offereing. Because mushrooms and all psychedelics are like that guest that you invite in as Phark said. It's very intimate .

I was thinking of trying a different approach to preparation. I felt that I could use my dreams and lucid dreaming in particular to connect with the self before undergoing the psychedelic adventure. I always feel like I am in a dream while tripping so it's only obvious that I use the dream to prepare for the trip.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2381598 - 02/26/04 11:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like a plan. Sometimes i refer to my voyages as Dream Time. Traveling helps me interperet dreams in much more meaningful way.  I seem to be a lot more accepting.  I can look at a dream that freaked me out and become friends with it.  Lucid dreaming will set the stage for getting in touch with the sub-conscious. I believe mending the two together should produce a crystal clear integration to the waking life, and hopefully bring a beneficial change.  My friend is convinced it's possible to bring physical objects back, i'm just happy with ideas.  Do you ever notice that the more you cultivate the relationship and plan the experience the furthur it exceeds the expections? :biggrin: and BTW aspirin is derived from the willow tree, i have contemplated an extraction.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Edited by schmutzen (02/26/04 11:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract