Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroobie 1
Stranger

Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please
    #23769835 - 10/25/16 12:12 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Hi Guys,

I've just bought my first Mycobox, the one shown here http://www.myco-box.com/.
I am about to start it today and I really need some help claryfing if I will be following the instructions correctly,and I can't seem to find any video guides for my exact box.

My Box contains:
Sterile Substrate
Tray
Vermiculite
2x Alcohol wipe
Humidity Bag with Filter Patch
Syringe & needle

I also have my spores in a seperate syringe

I really want to get this right the first time and I'm super excited to get a start on it! :laugh:

-The instructions are as follows:
-Assemble syringe

-Inject four spores at 4 equally places sites around the top of the myco box. Swap each site with alcohol wipe before injecting 0.5ml into each site. Quickly tape over the holes afterwards with cellotape. (This I understand perfectly)

-Incubate the box somewhere warm and dark (26-28 degrees). You will start to see small white spots of mycelioum grow after 2-3 days. Wait 2-3weeks until contents turn completely white (besides layer on the top)

-Now you are ready to fruit, add some boiling water to vermiculite in the tray put the lid on and leave for a couple of hours. - Okay this is where I need to clarify. So i pour the vermiculite into the container, and put boiling water on, this is completely seperate to the cake right? In the videos I've seen they have so much vermiculite in they're tray, but my bag doesn't seem to have this much, is this okay?Also is boiling water best, or luke warm? I've heard conflicting things

-Once the water coolds down in the verm. tray, I drain the remaining water and place the white cake ontop of it, and then I put them both in the bag provided, and leave somewhere 22-24 degrees, for a few weeks and the mushrooms will grow. It doesn't mention watering them at all. I have to water them every 2 days right?

I am sorry for coming across as a real noob, I've genuinely spent weeks researching this, but I am so nit picky with instructions and I end up confusing myself, I just need someone to explain in lamens terms what I have to do until I feel reassured,

I would really appreciate the help guys - I just want to start cooking my mushrooms :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroobie 1
Stranger

Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: Shroobie 1]
    #23769836 - 10/25/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Also what is the procedure for dunking and rolling the cake once it's ready? There is no instructions of this on my guide but I've seen other people talking about it? :smile:

InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: Shroobie 1]
    #23769841 - 10/25/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You bought an overpriced box of garbage.

Throw it all away, look up PF Tek, try again.

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

OfflineShroobie 1
Stranger

Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: Moabfighter]
    #23769852 - 10/25/16 12:17 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'll try this one first and buy another one if necessary, I know some cultivators can be salty about these boxes. This is my first attempt so ofcourse I will try it. Once i have used it i'll make my own mixtures.

InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

#23769855 - 10/25/16 12:19 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You're gonna spend a lot of time and thought process on something that everyone on here will tell you is shit.
What you have is shit. Why use shit if you don't have to.

Go buy a pack of half pint mason jars, a bag of vermiculite, a bag of brown rice flower, and some foil.

Do it the right way. Look up PF Tek.

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

Invisibleamidogen
see you on the other side

Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: Moabfighter]
    #23769866 - 10/25/16 12:22 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
The biggest trip of my life was realizing all of the events and actions described in posts made by this account were never real and had never actually happened, but were instead the delusional ramblings of a severely mentally ill human being. I just had to move on for my own good. I love you all.

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 12:25 PM)

Offlineenlightenment
alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: amidogen]
    #23769886 - 10/25/16 12:27 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I almost agree :whathesaid:

You made a bad decision buying a grow kit but you can give it a try. Of course everyone here would recommend to DIY but you could get some experience with a grow kit. Depends on the quality of materials you got within this kit...

Definitely safe some spores for later use and do not waste all spores to this kit.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: enlightenment]
    #23769970 - 10/25/16 01:01 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

i understand why OP is confused. those instructions are fucked. vermiculite
being as perlite? and you dont do that with perlite either.

OP- your cakes will take a few weeks to colonize. save up money after that
overpriced kit drained your bank, and buy a plastic tote and make a SGFC.

use search feature to find 'sgfc' time to open your mind bruh

OfflineShroobie 1
Stranger

Re: Just bought a Mycobox - A little confused with instructions - someone help me please [Re: mushboy]
    #23770168 - 10/25/16 02:09 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm not going to lie I'm now more confused than ever.

I am going to grow my first batch, a little skeptically I must admit, but then after the first batch (say it works out) I'll build a shotgun and put it in there.

All I need to know now, using this forsaken kit lol( *crying inside*) what would be the best method for me to use? I'll create my cake by injecting the spores and leaving for 2-3 weeks,

Once I've got the cake what do I do with it? Can someone explain as if they are talking to an imbecile, because after reading all your suggestions and opening tabs on Perilite and Verm / shotguns I am beginning to feel like one haha. I could follow the procedure on the instructions but I know that you guys know better than me, and that is a bad idea. I have more money than sense, so all I'll be losing is my time if it goes bad,

I've seen a thread of someone in my position (https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/14278261)
, I believe I'll do what he's done once I've got my first grow, no matter how bad that may be

Just need to know what to do once my cake is ready :smile:

(side note, the myco-box website isn't a vendor it's just a description website of the box, do I need to remove the links still?)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules