Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHOVA
Hola Hovito
Other

Loc: Whereever I wake up this ...
Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!)
    #23765184 - 10/23/16 07:49 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

So I came to IKEA to try and find the Fruiting Chamber a member had posted on here a little while back under the name Anno I believe and so far I have been unable to locate the one he had with the metal baskets and instead have found this one...

Do you think the clear/white one would work?  There's shelve inserts for it and it looks pretty good but I am just wondering if the polyester cover vs an all plastic one makes a big difference and if so do you think I could just purchase the Martha's Stewart plastic one and cover it?

I mean for $14.99 I'm thinking it's worth the try but let me know thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: HOVA]
    #23765273 - 10/23/16 08:26 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Fill it up with tubs.Keep a fan on it the room.

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
    #23765279 - 10/23/16 08:28 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

It might work good for a stealther.

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

InvisiblePirateSwazey
 User Gallery

Loc: Here, Now
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: wtfcrazymofo]
    #23765704 - 10/23/16 11:58 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Looks great for a little greenhouse project.. don't put tubs in there though, that's silly talk.

Nice find brohammed~ :rockon:

--------------------

BULK RYE PREP  -  MY FAVORITE THREADS  -  BUILD A FLOWHOOD

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: PirateSwazey]
    #23765821 - 10/24/16 01:28 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

It will work fine. Get the black one. Put a light and your own shelved unit in there. It breaths on its own the trick is to put it on tile flooring. Water pooling at the bottom leads to bad shit. So put it somewhere where running water won't damage your house. Hook up a cheap humifer in that baby and fruit like jesus is coming.

OfflineHOVA
Hola Hovito
Other

Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: tump]
    #23766055 - 10/24/16 06:48 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks @PirateSwazey !

Quote:

tump said:
It will work fine. Get the black one. Put a light and your own shelved unit in there. It breaths on its own the trick is to put it on tile flooring. Water pooling at the bottom leads to bad shit. So put it somewhere where running water won't damage your house. Hook up a cheap humifer in that baby and fruit like jesus is coming.

The only place in my Apartment without carpets is the Kitchen I currently have around 50 BRF cakes incubating and then 2 5-Grain Spawn Bags that are at about 70% that I plan to mix to bulk with Coir.. I also purchased some Rye Berries Last night, a PC, and some Quart Jars and was thinking about getting some of those under way as well..

That being said... This may sound stupid but what are your thoughts Contamination wise if I were to put it in my kitchen or any other high activity area that might have particles / bacteria / god knows what else flying around in the mix since this make shift Terrarium will not be fully sealed off on the bottom?

Thanks for all the great feed back and look forward to hearing your guys advice on what I should do.. I havent opened it yet so If you think with this situation not being as ideal if I should just return it and bust out a couple extra $$ and buy the real thing?

Offlineglowdiver
noob
 User Gallery

#23766104 - 10/24/16 07:34 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

That should work like a Martha or the little greenhouses.  I wouldn't worry much about contams in the kitchen as long as you're pasteurizing your bulk substrate and casing. 

But I'm a total noob.

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: glowdiver]
    #23766608 - 10/24/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Yea as long as you cook the coir and your cultures clean your be fine. Just ni pooling water

OfflineHOVA
Hola Hovito
Other

Re: Will this work as a fruiting chamber? (Pics!) [Re: tump]
    #23768672 - 10/24/16 11:49 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tump said:
Yea as long as you cook the coir and your cultures clean your be fine. Just ni pooling water

:thumbup::thumbup: Awesome! Good to hear... Thank You!!  Now I just need to figure out how to do this whole Green House / Poor Man's Terrarium / Fruitting Chamber thing with this beautiful piece of IKEA Craftsmanship haha :crazy2::rolleyes: 

In all serious though this is the first time I will be attempting to use a fruiting chamber like this so I am sure that I will be on here before to long with more pictures and more questions seeking The Shroomery's guidance for best results :tongue2:

I have seen a few of the threads using the Martha Stewart style Fruitting Chamber does anyone have one in specific or have any tips or tricks they might want to share with me based off of previous attempts at this style chamber?  lmk Thanks!

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
    #23768767 - 10/25/16 12:58 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Tile floors are not waterproof. The only waterproof flooring is rubber or epoxy.
Those canvas covered Chinese made but tricked you into thinking Swedish made pieces of shit are going to be covered with black mold within 50 days of using it with a humidifier.
Try again.
And get rid of weird ass sig pics while you're at it. Na, I'm just playing on the sign pics. But the other thing is Junk

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom