Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: amidogen]
    #23772900 - 10/26/16 10:29 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Alrighty reading it now thanks mate.

I went and picked up some more disposable gloves and found myself some micro pore tape at my local pharmacy :smile: .

Will be starting the TC today . Only thing I'm worried about is that I don't have extra jar lids now to put on the bottom of my pot when steam sterilizing , and the only other method I've heard of is using a towel instead of jar lids :/ kind of sketches me out but I guess as long as I keep an eye on the water level it can't burn or catch fire right .

My PE jars have not had too many changes in the last few days. A couple of them look like mycelium is starting to grow on them , and a few of them are in my opinion contaminated since they have a bluefish growth appearing on the substrate. Blue= throw in trash?

I can take pics tonight to show you what I'm talking about . Is it dangerous to put my new jars that have micro pore tape around those other ones? If so I'll just throw the blue /funky coloured ones out , remove the good ones and disinfect my whole arena with Lysol again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethebug76
2 years in.
Male User Gallery

Loc: North of the equater and ...
Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: patcorr_2001]
    #23772920 - 10/26/16 10:38 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, just don't let it boil dry and you'll be fine. Before I got a pc, i used to put 2-3 rags in the bottom of the pot and they never even so much as scorched.

--------------------
Bug 

Invisibleamidogen
see you on the other side

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: patcorr_2001]
    #23772945 - 10/26/16 10:51 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The biggest trip of my life was realizing all of the events and actions described in posts made by this account were never real and had never actually happened, but were instead the delusional ramblings of a severely mentally ill human being. I just had to move on for my own good. I love you all.

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 12:09 PM)

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: amidogen]
    #23773020 - 10/26/16 11:27 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Alrighty thanks guys :smile: should I add a layer of tinfoil on top of the towels/rags just like when using jar lids to keep/make sure  the jars out of the water ? Probably a dumb question I'm thinking yes , but I just want to be 100% sure . Eating right now then getting started

I have a very good feeling I will be successful this time around . I'll be happy if half my jars make it to full colonization lol ;p .

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this, not sure if it's a good idea for a next grow or not , but I've heard equine poop(horse) is great to add to a substrate when dried out properly etc.
I live on a farm with 9 horses and a donkey , so let me know if you think using horse manure would be a good idea in the near/distant future . We haul away dump truck loads every year because there's so much of it piled up lol

Edited by patcorr_2001 (10/26/16 11:31 AM)

Invisibleamidogen

#23773102 - 10/26/16 12:09 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The biggest trip of my life was realizing all of the events and actions described in posts made by this account were never real and had never actually happened, but were instead the delusional ramblings of a severely mentally ill human being. I just had to move on for my own good. I love you all.

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 12:09 PM)

InvisibleHappyCat
Rollin' Hard with My Kitties

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! *DELETED* [Re: amidogen]
    #23773353 - 10/26/16 01:36 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by HappyCat

Reason for deletion: Unwanted, use search for all questions.

--------------------

Edited by HappyCat (10/26/16 06:41 PM)

Invisibleamidogen

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: HappyCat]
    #23773430 - 10/26/16 02:05 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 12:10 PM)

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23773522 - 10/26/16 02:39 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I do agree that happycats method is not at all simple to do. To a new grower like me that sounds like a lot more work and honestly I'm either retarted or a few of those directions are a little complicating cause there's one or two parts I had to re read and I'm not even sure if I 100% understand .

ad, so you think not using a SAB will almost guarantee I'll get more contams? I have a tote I can make one with , just need to search up a method to cut holes in it.

Update: my current jars I'm sure are like 100% all molded . Epic failure . Here are some pictures of my jars I'm sure ill be told they're no good, yellow , blue , odd colours that I'm sure I'll be told is not mycelium lol.

I just re did 7 jars , they are ready to be steam sterilized . Took me a while to get them ready cause I was sure to clean all my clean Dishes to be used a second time , made sure my jars were soaped well , and made sure I mixed everything perfectly 2:1:1 ratio of Verm water and BRF. Also taped the holes with some micro pore tape I found at my local pharmacy . Will micro pore tape reduce contams too since its self healing ?

Also bought myself a butane torch lighter last night , no more soute on my spore syringe . I was a lot more careful this time , with a SAB I don't see how I can fail as bad as this last grow or my first before it.

Thanks again for all the help mates , especially you  amidogen for being here every step of the way .

Edited by patcorr_2001 (10/26/16 02:40 PM)

Invisibleamidogen

#23773587 - 10/26/16 03:06 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by amidogen (04/19/18 12:11 PM)

InvisibleHappyCat

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! *DELETED* [Re: amidogen]
    #23773609 - 10/26/16 03:11 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by HappyCat

Edited by HappyCat (10/26/16 03:21 PM)

Invisibleamidogen

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! [Re: HappyCat]
    #23773655 - 10/26/16 03:22 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleHappyCat

#23773752 - 10/26/16 03:52 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by HappyCat

--------------------

Edited by HappyCat (10/26/16 04:02 PM)

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23774169 - 10/26/16 06:03 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah they are steam sterilizing as we speak. I'll do what you said and put them in the SAB without the foil a couple hours after they're finished . You mentioned putting soapy paper towels on the bottom and spraying soapy water on the walls / above before closing the lid . Should that still be done tonight if I'm planning on inoculating in the AM?

Cause if I do that and cover the hand holes, by morning it should be perfect to inoculate? Because if I put my jars in the SAB tonight , then I should have it ready so I don't open it tomorrow and let any air/mold spores in the box right ? Not sure if you understand what I mean but trying to explain it as best as possible

Invisibleamidogen

#23774199 - 10/26/16 06:15 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23774302 - 10/26/16 06:51 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HappyCat said:
My rates these days for successful colonization are about 90 to 95% using the method I described(most often with Wild Bird Seed). Back as a nub a decade ago, pressure cooking BRF cakes and just using dry verm(instead of tyvek+foil cover) in a SAB I was getting maybe 75-80% success. I'd be interested to know which provider's sample you had trouble with, though can't say I've ever had a similar experience.

So for the last decade you've been doing 90-95% doing MS eh? Fuck I wish I had your luck. Although, it does make me wonder how many contaminations are slipping under the radar..

I've bought from 4 different suppliers, and all of them had at least bacteria in their syringes.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23774406 - 10/26/16 07:21 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds good. Jars have been cooling for about 30 minutes now , another hour and a half and I'll store them. I just finished making my SAB an hour ago , going to wipe it down with some isopropyl right now so it's sterile for when I store my jars tonight. Thanks mate and will keep updating as I progress any further .

Throwing those PE jars out tomorrow , I only have one spot in this house where I can colonize where the temperatures are above 70 degrees , other spot I can put them is 65 degrees so fk that. They look to be fked anyways , by the way you said you've never seen yellow and blue like that lol . After inoculating these 7 jars I'll have enough left over to start 2 More PE jars and 3 more TC jars later on. This will be my third attempt at the pf tek , honestly if I mess it up this time around then I'm going to probably just think that I'm not meant to venture down this path because this time I'm taking almost every precaution possible except for adding  enclosed gloves to my SAB and using a pressure cooker. Wish me luck mate.

PC

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23774416 - 10/26/16 07:26 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Amidogen , is Lysol good enough / safe to clean and disinfect my glove box? All I have Is 50% rubbing alcohol on hand and I'm reading online to use 70% for cleansing equipment . Need to clean my box / have it ready In about an hour hopefully I have an answer lol :smile: thanks

InvisibleHappyCat

Re: Second Grow attemp ever, experienced shroomery users help please! *DELETED* [Re: Mad Season]
    #23774418 - 10/26/16 07:27 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by HappyCat

--------------------

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23774452 - 10/26/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hey happycat mate I know your trying to have a conversation but your kind of hijacking my thread dude lol.. If you have any info that can help me I'd appreciate it but please only post if so.. Asking in the nicest way possible and trying not to be a dick lol.

Do you know if Lysol is safe to use to clean my SAB? All I have other than that is 50% rubbing alcohol. Please and thanks

PC

Offlinepatcorr_2001
Treeko
 User Gallery

#23774552 - 10/26/16 08:01 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Well from what I've found online so far, the best thing to disinfect it with is a mix of 10% bleach 90% water / a 10:1 ratio of water and bleach. Hope that is right , I've checked several threads read Lysol is only good to disinfect a room , and isopropyl is best to just sanitize smaller equipment being used .

My reasoning for needing to sanitize this SAB ASAP before adding the jars is because I had it in my garage using dirty tools to make the holes in it and it sat on a dirty steel table whilst I did so. I know you told me not to spray anything till tomorrow but I'm sure if you were online right now you'd agree it should be cleaned before I add the sterile jars. I'll be watching for your post thanks dude .

inoculation T-Minus 14 hours , wish me luck .

PS , I'll cry if these don't work out again lol.

I will check in tomorrow morning in case there has been any more posts that may help me/ may save me from doing something dumb before I inoculate my cakes, Thanks mate.

PC

Edited by patcorr_2001 (10/26/16 08:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale