Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
The Witness
    #23759035 - 10/21/16 08:02 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

playing. it's cool. i like it's concept. but i want to hear other's opinions, so please share. i'll update, from time to time, i think. i got through the first gate, i did the tutorials, and unlocked the puzzles in the Cherry Blossom grove, with the apple visual cues in the trees...i unlocked the windmill (before the tutorials; i went off the beaten path -- but the green tutorials still helped with practice, and the blue really helped me figure out how they work, because there was a door in the basement of the windmill i couldn't quite figure out)...and now i left off at the docks, unlocking that first puzzle to activate the dock puzzles, ie, the tutorial there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: The Witness [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23759715 - 10/22/16 12:42 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

So once you pass one puzzle can you miss out on something from another path? Looks pretty neat, the graphics are tooney, but sharp.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: The Witness [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23759751 - 10/22/16 01:04 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

the thing is that you can tackle the puzzles in any order you wish to, but the puzzles use logic that is not spelled out for you...or rather spoon-fed; i guess it's kinda spelled out...see, the tutorials are like right on the main path, and you can see from the green, that it teaches you about the black nodes, and how you have to trace through them (without intersecting your trace into itself, which is taught at the first gate), to complete the puzzle...and the blue tutorial teaches you about how to do almost a minesweep thing with the white and black nodes, in the blue puzzle panels...which are all mazes (the first two puzzles are just to show you what you'll be doing here; you come across a puzzle pad, and it's just a straight line, you unlock the door, then the next is an angled line, you open that door, then it shows you a few panels that have loops, so you have to not intersect the lines and block your tracing through, what essentially is, the mazes of the game's puzzle panels.)

you are given environmental clues (such as the windmill. i figured out about the black nodes from that first, because i came across it, i traced through the nodes, intuitively, and the shape that was made was lo' and behold, a windmill shape, so i learned two things at once about the game, there -- of course all beginner stuff so far, but i thought it was neat.)

then here is the clincher, the windmill has a computer inside, that has the nodes lined up in the center and there is only one way to trace through them, either left or right -- right powers the windmill, and the left powers something else entirely, that i don't even know about...in the beginning gate room there is also a pad that has two pathways, one of which connects to the gate pad you need to unlock to get out, and the other goes...somewhere...who knows? this is the thing...each panel has a connected wire-thing that powers it...and all these panels and wire-things are all traced throughout the island to connect to one another in some way, so that eventually, by the end of the game, all puzzles are connected to a giant immense puzzle that is the island.

it's pretty neato. the game is minimalist (i like) and it's very easy-going atmosphere (though it gets difficult so i hear); it's just a matter of seeing how everything connects, that's the big pay-off...that and the brain teasers.

yeah, dare i say, it's a very artsy game. i love it for what it is.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: The Witness [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23759838 - 10/22/16 02:06 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like its a lot of fun, a lot to learn by what I just read but once someone gets the basics they should be able to play the puzzles more easy to unlock the island. Didnt know it was that deep, with the left right wires. The scenery should make a pretty good impact if its good enough to make you remember this game in the future as a good game. The final puzzle should be a real deal, hope you can accomplish it! :elmo:

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: The Witness [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23759846 - 10/22/16 02:15 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

spank you very much, good sir! it is...again, minimalist...but it's very pretty too. the island is way bigger than i thought it'd be and very lush. basically everything around you is a puzzle piece, and every piece is a sort of asset in the environment -- so it's very pretty!

danke, again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order