Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow * 2
    #23756102 - 10/20/16 08:48 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Whatsup guys:hi:
I have been working on getting my winter grow set up, I'm starting it off with Reishi. The goal is to grow the brunt of them invitro on 4 lb. supplemented blocks in XL grow bags. I have 100 of the XL bags, I will grow the rest in medium grow bags but will be conking them in the grow room(which I am redesigning for the reishi) , and I am also planning on taking some these old monotunbs I have and filling those up.

To start,
I got a plate in trade from MyColorado, thanks dude:thumbup:, and also a wedge from Greg, thanks dude:thumbup: from his give away.
I started a bunch of plates from Mycolorado's plate, and also started some plates from the wedge, the culture from MyColorado is being used for the first couple of batches and will then be putting Gregs culture into the mix.

For spawn I'm using feed store milo, I started 6 6 lb. spawn bags using Liquid Innoculant I prepared with a mason jar and oster blender blade attachment, I blended 2 plates with 600 ml of water and inoculated the bags. They are all finished colonizing on the 11'th day.

I also started 21 master jars from wedges a few days after starting the bags. These will be used for both expanding and inoculating.

I started getting sawdust bags ready last night, I am using wood pellets that are a mix of hardwoods, maple, cherry, apple and hickory, they are grilling pellets which are usually more expensive but I scored them super cheap. Here is the bag label and the XL grow bags Im using

I am supplementing at 15% with wheat bran and also adding gypsum,
The bags are 4 lb.s each.

Got the first batch of them inoculated this evening, I started these off with a heavy spawn ratio, almost 1 lb. per bag, the rest will be lower than that I just wanted to compare a heavier spawn rate with the rest. Well I have a bunch of work to do here for the next few days!:cool:

Anyways, thanks for reading and following along, like I said I am going to try a few different methods here and re design my grow room which I will update and post pics of tomorrow. Like always any advice, wisdom or conversation would be awesome:super:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fast Forward 3/26/17

Here are some finished products from the grow

Edited by Marty Mycfly (03/26/17 02:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Marty Mycfly]
    #23756271 - 10/20/16 09:44 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

You've been busy. Just wanted to let you know that MyColorado and Greg's culture are the same. Greg posted a pic from the eBay seller. I got mine from the same seller. MyColorado got his culture from me. Small world:rolleyes:. Just in case you might be looking for differences, thought you should know.:goodluck:

--------------------

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Quadman]
    #23756368 - 10/20/16 10:18 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Ha, thanks for the heads up on that! That is so funny and cool how it comes back around like that.
Hey quad, I'm planning on making some monotubs with it in a few days, do you have any certain recipe and technique?

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23756387 - 10/20/16 10:26 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting grow method :wink:  Did you make sure to add a bit of extra water content? I typically aim for 55-60% but with reishi bags its more like 60-65%. You want the extra moisture since the bags will lose almost 1/3 there weight over the next 3 months. One thing i found with reishi is you can spawn super thin. I want to say my big batch of15 bags was done with just 1-2 quarts (about 1.7 lbs) of spawn and i still got amazing results. Good luck! Hopefully those are good cultures.

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Gr0wer]
    #23756445 - 10/20/16 10:56 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, totally should have mentioned a la Gr0wer's technique :bow2:
I did add extra, exactly because of you saying that, may have been a little too much, we will see.
I plan on stretching the rest of my spawn thin on this, I am going to try some tubs of them un supplemented with hot water, and some bags that Im going to slit and fruit in the grow room.
This just a fun project for myself, I have most of the materials already and wont be starting oysters again for a little while. I'm moving my oyster growing to a friends shop, I'm just so fucking allergic to oyster spores that I cant grow them here anymore, I'm making spawn and blocks and he's going to fruit them.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #23756636 - 10/21/16 12:25 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

If your results are like mine, and you make tinctures. You will be supplied for the next 50 years with tinctures lol. I need to find an outlet with all my dried fruits before they go to shit. At least i got em dried and vac sealed.

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#23756716 - 10/21/16 01:19 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

That is one big appealing thing about growing Reishi, being able to dry and store them, and I definitely plan on making tinctures for us and friends and "hopefully" see how they do at the market when I get the oysters back out.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

InvisibleMushroom love
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #23756894 - 10/21/16 03:29 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Beautiful projet!:thumbup:

--------------------
All my work is done without SAB or LFH, just a Bunsen burner

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Mushroom love]
    #23757176 - 10/21/16 07:14 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome!  I was stoked when quadman posted a pic of his reishi. Definitely a good line.  Keep us posted...I was gonna run them in bags as well so curious as to your results.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Mycolorado]
    #23760417 - 10/22/16 09:59 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry forgot you asked about the monos. Didn't do anything special. I used 21 qt mini tub with no holes. Hardwood fuel pellets layered in couple qts of spawn. Slapped lid on let grow, no holes , plenty of light, this time of year here keep warm. Just started 2 more put 4 qts spawn per container because of Pasty's grow.

--------------------

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #23760452 - 10/22/16 10:08 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Marty Mycfly said:
I started getting sawdust bags ready last night, I am using wood pellets that are a mix of hardwoods, maple, cherry, apple and hickory, they are grilling pellets which are usually more expensive but I scored them super cheap.

Amazing wood mixture Marty, really nice.

--------------------

Growing mushrooms, general guide and information (Ferather's Journal), https://ibb.co/rG3rML2

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27857366#27857366

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek [DTS:X] - Unlocked and reprogrammed.

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Ferather]
    #23762030 - 10/22/16 07:39 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys.
I will keep this updated as I go along, I'm inoculating more bags tonight, and the ones I already did are zooming along.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#23762064 - 10/22/16 07:51 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hey I want to ask you all your opinion on these spawn bags, they seem to be fruiting, they have only been 100% colonized for 3 days, I last night I used 2 bags from the same batch and they werent fruiting, and I went to use one tonight and discovered what appears to be antlers starting to grow.

One thing, I read in GGMM that the only grain reishi will fruit from is milo, I dont know how true that is about it being the only grain but it deffinately looks like it is tripping over itself to fruit.
Let me know what you guys think and why it would be fruiting from spawn and so quickly. Also when I broke one up it had created a pretty dense layer of myc covering the spawn.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #23762510 - 10/22/16 10:15 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like a good strain! I wouldn't have any doubts about using that spawn with those little clumps.

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#23763121 - 10/23/16 02:56 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I was reading your thread on invitro reishi observations and you said the higher temp the quicker they fruited, well I think maybe that's why that spawn started fruiting right away, my lab has been super hot bringing in sub and keeping the hood on over the past few days and my bags and spawn are incubating in there as well. It's probably been well in the mid to high 80's in there the past few days, maybe it's like a "heat shock" that induced the spawn to pin.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

OfflineGreg
always learning
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: an autoclave
    #23763238 - 10/23/16 05:07 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Just noticed this thread.

:nothingtoadd:

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycfly's Big Reishi Grow [Re: Greg]
    #23763624 - 10/23/16 09:26 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hey MM, here it is on the left overs of a g2g done 11 days ago. I held onto it to see what it would do. It's rye, so I think it just fruits readily. 

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
bw86's Jalisco Grow

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#23764598 - 10/23/16 03:49 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome:thumbup: What did you put that spawn on?

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23764683 - 10/23/16 04:25 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I'll start a thread as to not jack yours.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
bw86's Jalisco Grow

InvisibleMarty Mycfly
Time Traveler
Male User Gallery

#23764711 - 10/23/16 04:36 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Feel free to post anything about it here, we are growing the same culture which is pretty cool, Quad said greg is growing the same one too.
I look forward to seeing your thread.
Oh, and the thing about Stamets saying Reishi would only fruit off of milo, I think that dude jumped the gun a lot when he thought he discovered something, obviously it must be a strain related thing.
He also states that growth falls if you supplement beyond 15% and recommends 5-10%, but Gr0wer is one person I know that grows these on 20% and has GREAT success.
I shot for 15% for this first batch(50 bags), which I will post some pictures of up later, they took off like a bat out of hell, but I think I may run into some issues with moisture, I was shooting for a bit of extra water and I think I really overdid it, I don't know how these do with a ton of excess water but I know when I have had extra wet oyster bags they get pretty funky.

--------------------
Mycfly's King Oysters                                       

Mycfly's Reishi    

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract