Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Quitting!!!!!!!!
    #2375387 - 02/24/04 09:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was supposed to quit so many months ago its not even funny. But its always one more hit trying to attain a buzz that I cant ever say I got. When you first start smoking pot, THAT is a cool buzz. But once you start every day... and then heavily everyday... for a year!!! it gets old fast... but then you keep going for some stupid reason. two years, three years. You still have the weed, your friends are generous assed people with shit to spare, but everyday its more and more and more and more nugs and I'm just not feeling it anymore. I'm "buzzed" I guess... I can feel the buzz kinda, but no man. I'm not going back to my little corner to smoke some more. I'm not feeding it anymore. I cant even feel it...

Anybody who knows what I'm talking about... today I took a hit and felt this feeling and I just cant possibly keep smoking. I'm free!!!!!! And I just made this post to engrave it in stone, and hopefully help someone else...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: Quitting!!!!!!!! [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2375610 - 02/25/04 08:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea weed was just a phase for me. i don't smoke weed anymore. i might like once in awhile. but that don't happen too often.

for me it was easy to just cold turkey for 2 reasons.
1 was that *sigh* i got into other drugs and weed was just nothing compared to others.*good thing is i don't do meth that often anymore either! just drinkin occasionally :P

2 was that i felt as if weed was a phase. and i cant do something for a long time. i get bored of shit quick so i just move on. and that was what def. happened to me with weed.

plus i don't like getting high 24/7. i don't like being a dumbass and not being aware of whats going on. i find it rather very fucking annoying. so yea im proud of ya!

now quitting cigs is a different story....

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2380488 - 02/26/04 04:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I ingest marijuana everyday. Whether vaporizing or eating. I just enjoy it. I can understand you wanting to quit, but If it is for physical health reasons like smoke inhilation, there are alternatives. Many good recipes for cooking with MJ. If you just need to get your head clear, I fully understand. Good luck. MJ is a seductive drug. :stoned: :devil: :stash:

Anonymous #1

#2380506 - 02/26/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I quit myself... I was having the same problems as you had, I came to the understanding was that I didn't want to quit but rather decrease my intake. i needed to moderate my smoking.  once I took a break, I continued to smoke with much happier and fullfilled results...

I found out moderation is key.. plus taking breaks is also a very healthy thing to do. It was a very good thing. :laugh:

peace

zerohero

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #2380552 - 02/26/04 05:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Tell me about it. This has nothing to do with weed, but weed is a drug and this is about a drug called Dramamine.
I used to take a little to help me sleep. Then I couldnt stop! I would take up to a gram a night (1000mg) or 10x50mg-pills....
I resently quit it and MAN-O-MAN do I ever feel so much better when I wake up in the morning. I used to get so groggy when I woke up. Id have this gross dry mouth, all pastey and shit....ughhh. Id have these big bags under my eyes, it was sickning. And this is just OTC drugs, they is legal! But this stiff is very habbit forming, just like weed...know what I mean?

So just enjoy it man. And try not to hang around with those people anymore. Or at least just set up some rules for yourself and them. Get someone that understands you, just one buddy that will stick by you that you know will stick up for you and respect you and not bring that shit up. That way when your in a crowd and you wanna get high SO BAD, you can just hang with him and there be no disrespecting.....

Good luck bro :thumbup: :tongue: :cool:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2380863 - 02/26/04 07:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

.....and WHILE I was actually reading these posts I smoked a bowl....  last one I swear :frown:

'm sorry, I'll be good tomorrow....

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2380912 - 02/26/04 07:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, right..

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Anonymous #2

*DELETE* [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2381904 - 02/27/04 01:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

*DELETE*

Edited by Anonymous (02/07/13 11:00 AM)

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Quitting!!!!!!!! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #2391710 - 03/01/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well my quitting started yesterday... I think I'll be going for a month this time. Who's with me??

--------------------

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #2392228 - 03/01/04 06:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I know exactly where you're coming from man. I started smoking like a year ago, and it was very rarley that the one person I knew that could get it had acess to it had some, so I didn't smoke very much (But I know what you mean about how nice it is to get high when you first start!...man I wish weed would do that to me everytime). Anyway, fast forward a few months and I have almost pretty much unlimited access. If I wanted to get high, I just had to stand downtown and wait for someone I knew to drive by and pick me up (small town). Man it got SOOO old. Everytime I would smoke I'd just feel like a retard, eat my own weight in food, crash and feel stupid the next day or dozen. So I took a break for 2 months, and it was fun the first time after my break, but it always ends the same...just a big fuckin waste. Anyway man, good luck quitting, you're doing the right thing for sure.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Quitting!!!!!!!! [Re: Grok]
    #2393161 - 03/01/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I might add that I am in rehab, but that doesn't really stop me since I am 18 and I don't need to be there.  I'm doing this on my own good will... and on conditions my parents imposed that would have basically fucked my life.  So I didn't really have a choice but hey.... it's only been 3 days and I already feel better about not smoking.

How about that?  :grin:  :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
    #2393199 - 03/01/04 11:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I probably haven't smoked weed in 6-8 months.

I just couldn't enjoy the buzz anymore, plus, I wanted to quit doing drugs.

Christ, I haven't done any drugs besides booze in probably 4-6 months.

--------------------

OfflineBadLady
bumped

Loc: nor cal.
    #2631949 - 05/03/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I feel like I'm in the same boat as harvey. ive been smoking everyday for a bout a year, and man, i am ready to quit.  after the previous nights of smoking, chilling to some good music, then start the grubbin session, then crash on the couch, i alwasy say im gonna stop. but i end up just waiting till the late afternoon, when i feel like im gonna blow if i dont have a rip at the bowl.  I know i cant continue my habit- grades are slipping, my ass has grown to the size of a life saver, and i cant see my toes. thats friggin sad huh..not just weight tho, i been losing friends, and that luster i used to have for life. i dont know if i regret starting blazing, but i know that i need to stop, ASAP!!! too bad, i love weed :frown:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2632022 - 05/03/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It's been said so many times, yet most people don't listen to it, me included, that moderation = key. What you need to do is take a nice long break from marijuana, usually I'll take a few month break, and then when you start up again keep it more occassional. Once you start doing it two, three, four times a day, it loses a lot of its beauty

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineglimmi
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Quitting!!!!!!!! [Re: Ravus]
    #2635770 - 05/04/04 03:15 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree 100% moderation=key once i started only smoking mabey omce or twice a week after probably a month long break i feel alot better. Im no longer in that cloudy haze weed seems to leave you in i lost alittle bit of weight not so depppressed and smoking weed was fun again not just that same old ritual of i gotta get high 8 times a day and not be able to really do anything. I love weed and ill never stop smoking it but ill never smoke every day 5-8 times a day ever again.

--------------------
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like...ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale