Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: ohcrapitsnico] * 1
    #23755290 - 10/20/16 03:37 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
The average price of HIV meds is 500$ to 3K+... Maybe it is expensive to make or something but clearly profits matter most to many of these people.

Does the price somehow negate the fucking science behind it? :rolleyes: Does it somehow mean that it's a bullshit treatment that makes it any less effective?

All you have proven is that medicine is a for-profit industry. Which uhhh yeah, no shit sherlock, anybody who's been to the doctor in the states can tell you that.

No generics are available at this point, clearly, because they are brand-name pharmaceuticals on a patent that is set to expire in about 15 years. HIV treatment is still relatively new, and something that has only been invented a few years ago.  Once the patent expires, generics will be widespread and readily available.

They could invent a cure for death that makes us all immortal and it wouldn't do any good if it costs millions of dollars...

The point is that science is often controlled/ manipulated for higher profits in lieu of genuine progress.

Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:
You're confusing science with pharmaceutical companies. Two very different things.

Except that many scientists are paid for by those very same companies so they often go hand in hand sadly...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #23755297 - 10/20/16 03:38 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thayendanegea said:
I really don't remember any kids with these symptoms...even though the diagnosis was not yet really founded...I really can't remember anybody at all with these symptoms.:shrug:

As Pris and I mentioned, chances are, if you were autistic in the 60's or 70's, you were labelled "retarded" and probably sent to a special retard school on the short bus.

Invisibleohcrapitsnico
The Other One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: musiclover420]
    #23755303 - 10/20/16 03:40 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:

Except that many scientists are paid for by those very same companies so they often go hand in hand sadly...

Not correct. Nearly all the research published in the major scientific journals are publicly funded such as through the NIH or privately through charitable foundations.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: ohcrapitsnico] * 1
    #23755308 - 10/20/16 03:41 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

Not correct. Nearly all the research published in the major scientific journals are publicly funded such as through the NIH or privately through charitable foundations.

Published research is considerably different then applied science that will actually benefit people though...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisibleohcrapitsnico
The Other One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #23755322 - 10/20/16 03:44 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:

Published research is considerably different then applied science that will actually benefit people though...

Not correct. Applied science is literally not possible without basic science. Applied science doesn't work without basic science. And clearly you have no idea what you are talking about when you are conflating published research with lack of social benefit and as if applied science is not published.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: musiclover420]
    #23755325 - 10/20/16 03:45 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
The point is that science is often controlled/ manipulated for higher profits in lieu of genuine progress.

You actually have it backwards. As much as I hate to admit it, if it weren't for the fact that medicine was a for-profit industry, we probably wouldn't have had such advanced medical breakthroughs.

Part of the reason the USA has some of the best medical technology and pharmaceuticals available, is largely because it's a for-profit industry. People can stand to make a fuck-ton of money by inventing or improving an already existing technology, so there is lots of incentive for people to generate progress when money is the motivating factor.

Case and point, back in my parent's day, ultrasound was really fuzzy and barely showed a legible 2D image, now you can get HD quality ultrasounds where you can see your child before it's born.

These ultrasounds serve no real medical purpose or benefit, but people know parents will pay an extra $500 or whatever to get these images, so that alone provides the incentive for people to improve an already existing technology.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #23755395 - 10/20/16 04:11 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

Not correct. Applied science is literally not possible without basic science. Applied science doesn't work without basic science. And clearly you have no idea what you are talking about when you are conflating published research with lack of social benefit and as if applied science is not published.

Clearly you can't apply science without there first being science to apply, I never said one was possible without the other... :lol:

Just becouse applied science has been published and published science ends up applied doesn't negate the difference between them...

Quote:

Take Soliris, for example, which treats two life-threatening blood diseases. It costs $440,000 a year.

What good is the research that went into making this medication when the APPLIED SCIENCE AKA medication made from said research cost 440K a year?...

--------------------

OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: Crystal G]
    #23755402 - 10/20/16 04:14 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

While I agree that for profit has driven medical advancements. It has also driven some dick moves. Go do your research crystal. Dr Mary's monkey. Bayer aspirin selling HIV contaminated hemo drugs to south american countries with full knowledge. Lobbying to keep medicinal plants illegal in order to keep making profits off of drugs that are a true gateway to addiction. You never come off as someone with an agenda crystal unlike plenty of the mods on this board trump or hil-dawg supporters. Go do your research it made me sick, it will with you I'm sure, or trigger some fascination at what greed can do.

--------------------
FREE BURKE

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: CDC Blocks Testimony by Vaccine Whistleblower in Medical Malpractice Case [Re: Mescalean]
    #23755412 - 10/20/16 04:16 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:
While I agree that for profit has driven medical advancements. It has also driven some dick moves. Go do your research crystal. Dr Mary's monkey. Bayer aspirin selling HIV contaminated hemo drugs to south american countries with full knowledge. Lobbying to keep medicinal plants illegal in order to keep making profits off of drugs that are a true gateway to addiction. You never come off as someone with an agenda crystal unlike plenty of the mods on this board trump or hil-dawg supporters. Go do your research it made me sick, it will with you I'm sure, or trigger some fascination at what greed can do.

Exactly, I would even argue if companies weren't driven by profits and instead just cared about helping people we would have so many more advancements already.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order