Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Court Overturns DEA's Ban in Hemp Foods!
    #2373402 - 02/23/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

10 February 2004 - Rob Kampia

The hemp food industry has just won a major victory, defeating the DEA's attempts to ban all foods with even trace, insignificant quantities of THC.

The Marijuana Policy Project supports the rights of food companies to use nutritious hemp in their products. This victory represents one more blow against the DEA and against the absolute prohibition of hemp and marijuana.

After a two-and-a-half-year lawsuit, the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Hemp Industries Association and against the DEA. As Judge Betty Fletcher wrote in the decision, "they [the DEA] cannot regulate naturally-occurring THC not contained within or derived from marijuana -- i.e. non-psychoactive hemp. ... The DEA has no authority to regulate drugs that are not scheduled." Please visit http://www.SaveHemp.org to read more about the issue and http://www.SaveHemp.org/HIAvDEA_9th_final_decision.pdf to download the decision in its entirety.

As the case closed, the DEA agreed that hemp foods have no abuse potential. In his final arguments, DEA attorney Daniel Dormont stated, "The DEA has never said, has never focused on the particular products, and said anyone can get high from them, or that they pose a harm to people." (To download the hearing transcript, please visit http://www.SaveHemp.org/Oral_Arguments_HIAvDEA.pdf .) Despite this, and in the face of widespread outrage over the DEA's proposal, the DEA still attempted to ban hemp-based foods, claiming falsely that hemp- based foods would interfere with drug tests.

The DEA was only able to justify its war on hemp because marijuana is illegal. If marijuana were legally regulated, the DEA would not have been able to claim that hemp products containing THC were also illegal. To help MPP in its battles against the DEA -- and MPP's effort to end the war on all marijuana users -- please consider visiting http://www.mpp.org/donate0908 to make a donation.

··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Court Overturns DEA's Ban in Hemp Foods! [Re: geokills]
    #2373457 - 02/23/04 10:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

great news... :smile:

User Gallery

#2374489 - 02/24/04 03:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How ridiculous the DEA is.

Fold for The Shroomery!

Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2374740 - 02/24/04 05:46 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2380587 - 02/26/04 07:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Pffft, it's just the ninth.

Nobody listens to them.

Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2386311 - 02/28/04 12:01 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Man people are fucking stupid, the DEA is clearly not doing things for the good of the people. The court told them they were wrong and still no one questions them on other things...I just think there should be more people saying wtf...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service