Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Amazon Drone Delivery
    #23684151 - 09/27/16 06:43 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

This is going to be a real thing very soon....

They have opened a new Amazon distribution center near my home town and they have a drone heliport.  It's an entire warehouse where drones fly in, pick up packages and fly out to deliver them day and night.

Now I see THIS https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=ods_gw_d_mb_dash/ref=br_isw_strs-5?_encoding=UTF8&node=10667898011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=5PHW644SW3B3JH61919Q&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=fa9b3493-3294-4a51-bc9a-2bca14a054a6&pf_rd_i=desktop

Amazon Dash Buttons.  Just like ordering your favorite Chinese takeout, you can get toilet paper delivered right to you with just the push of a button.

Personally, I don't like it...  I don't like any of it and I never thought that it would be a big thing for the home consumer until I realized that some day I could possibly get liquor or weed delivered to me via drone in just under an hour.

Here comes the speculation, I see this as the end of office supply stores.  Why would I need to send an employee to office maxxx when I can place an order and have it delivered in an hour.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: GabbaDj] * 1
    #23684278 - 09/27/16 07:21 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Now the question is:  How do you coordinate all that fucking air traffic and not get drones crashing into people's roofs.  It's a problem.

The FAA is very concerned about drones right now, as is everyone in aviation.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #23684770 - 09/27/16 10:18 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Very good point. I know somebody who has several small drones, and he said they have a built in device that keeps their altitude below 100 feet when they are in the vicinity of an airport. But we can't have large numbers of them flying all over the place.

I remember long ago when it was believed that we would be driving flying cars by now. Imagine how that would work out.

When our space program was more active, I used to think about how much space junk we were leaving up there; parts of rockets and satellites that became obsolete. But there is a lot of space in outer space so I guess the risk is small.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: Brian Jones]
    #23685893 - 09/28/16 09:17 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

It's interesting that you mention space junk, because it is a serious problem.

Check this out:

Quote:

Space Debris and Human Spacecraft. More than 500,000 pieces of debris, or “space junk,” are tracked as they orbit the Earth. They all travel at speeds up to 17,500 mph, fast enough for a relatively small piece of orbital debris to damage a satellite or a spacecraft.

The rising population of space debris increases the potential danger to all space vehicles, but especially to the International Space Station, space shuttles and other spacecraft with humans aboard.

There are more than 20,000 pieces of debris larger than a softball orbiting the Earth. They travel at speeds up to 17,500 mph, fast enough for a relatively small piece of orbital debris to damage a satellite or a spacecraft. There are 500,000 pieces of debris the size of a marble or larger. There are many millions of pieces of debris that are so small they can’t be tracked.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #23695934 - 09/30/16 11:45 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Biggest problem with drone delivery isn't drones, or air traffic. Biggest problem with drone delivery is second amendment rednecks that shoot down drones and steal whatever survives the shotgun blast and fall.

This has been documented with Amazon's previous attempts.

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: Kryptos]
    #23695944 - 09/30/16 11:49 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

People don't want drones flying over their property.

:shrug:

I don't blame them. 

They could easily have cameras,recording you.  it would be trespassing if they were on the ground but because they are in the air, it's a loophole and "not invasive"

--------------------

Invisiblehellno
Stranger

Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: Big Worm]
    #23695953 - 09/30/16 11:53 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

that dash thing looks stupid, I could see someone coming over to your house and pushing that shit 1,000x just to fuck with you..thenwhat?

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: Big Worm]
    #23712560 - 10/06/16 09:28 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Big Worm said:
People don't want drones flying over their property.

:shrug:

I don't blame them. 

They could easily have cameras,recording you.  it would be trespassing if they were on the ground but because they are in the air, it's a loophole and "not invasive"

I don't either.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineKillaloting
Stranger

Re: Amazon Drone Delivery [Re: GabbaDj]
    #23732918 - 10/13/16 12:26 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

careful picking you spot to fly :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates