Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Hmmm....
    #2372910 - 02/23/04 06:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us."

Just an interesting quote I read recently...thought I'd share it. Feel free to discuss and analyze... :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Hmmm.... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2372936 - 02/23/04 06:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say that describes alot of people... but just in general. :wink:

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2373040 - 02/23/04 07:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That describes everyone but me. I guess I am better than everyone else. That's just one more thing I have to deal with.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2374005 - 02/24/04 12:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
"Most of us remain strangers to ourselves, hiding who we are, and ask other strangers, hiding who they are, to love us."

Well, I can't discuss it in the context in which it is probably intended. I am not a stranger to myself, nor to others. I say exactly what I think, pissing off one-half of the population, daily. ("Ask Me for Statistics")

But I agree that most people probably hide who they are. Or, why did the attorney I associated with a couple of years ago, who "said" he was a Christian, and honest, and that kind of stuff, why did he lie and cheat and steal?

So, yeah, most people probably hide who they really are. I suppose that's an extreme example. I realize others just hide who they are because they're afraid of getting hurt.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Hmmm.... [Re: Frog]
    #2374054 - 02/24/04 01:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sick of everyone knocking the person who lies, cheats and steals. Where do you get this moral code?

And seriously now, what social, spiritual, personal, martial and natural consequences can possible be assosiated with this kind of behaviour?

Sounds to me like this "Christian" was happy with his sinful self. Perfectly content with being and doing whatever his will.

Every man has three hearts. The heart he shows the world, the heart he shows his family, and the heart he keeps to himself

So this guy puts on a Jesus suit? Doesn't make him anything more than a lier.

I realize others just hide who they are because they're afraid of getting hurt.

Sure. Lots of people prefer comfort to growth. I am one of these people right now, hypocrite extraordinaire. yep, yep yep.

DAMN YOU personal growth and self discovery! I'll have your first born for this one!

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Hmmm.... [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2374134 - 02/24/04 01:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

>>>Sounds to me like this "Christian" was happy with his sinful self. Perfectly content with being and doing whatever his will.

Well, if he's so "happy" with his sinful self, why is he covering it up with his "Christian" self? Hmmm?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Hmmm.... [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2374140 - 02/24/04 01:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I dont really buy into that. I think everyone knows who they are. How can you really hide from yourself? It doesnt make any sense. Every thought that goes through your mind defines who you are, and every action you make at that. A lot of people may not like their thoughts or the things they do, meaning they dont like who they really are, but noone can really hide from it. Even if you hide who you are from other people, you can never be a stranger to your actual self. And yah, the thing about self discovery and personal growth..well yah people change throughout their whole life gaining more knowledge and interests on the way, too further define themselves. Its not a horrible thing where people have a certain set of characteristics that they dont know about and have to somehow find what they are.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology