Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekushlover
stringcheesehead

Loc: USA
Can't Relate.
    #2372889 - 02/23/04 06:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I recently left all my friends and home behind to take advantage of a great job opportunity. The bummer is that I've met decent people, but I can't really relate to them. None of them has even smoked pot once and they bash on jam band music that I often play. A few like to drink so its better than nothing, but I think they look down on me when I talk about drug experiences I've had. They are also into shallow drama crap (usually fights revolving around women) and talk alot about college football and other such things. I really feel alone and home sick. There is no way I can change and I just want to be around people with the same interests and insights. Hence I've become a shroomery addict lately.

--------------------
What I'm about to tell you is the truth.......
What I just told you is a lie.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Can't Relate. [Re: kushlover]
    #2373208 - 02/23/04 08:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

All I have to say is...its something you will have to deal with.

There are many other ways to relate to people than just through drugs and alcohol. If you cant find those other ways, you have a problem.

Anonymous #1

Re: Can't Relate. [Re: Zwieback0]
    #2373276 - 02/23/04 08:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You know what man. I hear you. I left my home and friends just to go out and try and find more like minded people. My friends are nothing like me at all.
Well we are in some ways. But you described them just like the people you are hanging out with now. Just be strong and dont let them brain wash you. People are people and most likly that means they are good people. The more you hang out and get into the scene where your at the more chances you will have to meet new people. Like as I said I left home to find new friends, and I did. But I came home and now I have been meeting new friends. Go hit up some shows. Go to some cheasy lil bar. Hit up an open mic. night. Chances are you will meet some cool local cats from the area.

Offlinekushlover
stringcheesehead

Loc: USA
Re: Can't Relate. [Re: ]
    #2373437 - 02/23/04 09:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Zwieback0: It's not just about the drugs/alcohol difference. These people are high strung. They are ultra-competitive and just not the happy go-lucky people I'm used to. I know I have to deal with it. I was just feeling extra bad about it today.

AFungitobewith: You're right. In time I will meet people like myself. I'll take your advice and hit the smaller scenes. I'm in the heart of the bible-belt, but I'm sure there is a hidden treasure here somewhere. Thanks!

--------------------
What I'm about to tell you is the truth.......
What I just told you is a lie.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being