Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTrippingWithBooze
Stranger

Loc: Kalamazoo, MI at school, ...
I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works well..
    #2372878 - 02/23/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have 3 grams of shrooms left from the last bag i bought and i didn't get to eat them last friday (instead I drank 2 forties and spent the whole next day puking my guts out, at least shrooms don't do that to you) and i figure it'd be a good idea to take them before I have to go home for Spring Break.

I'm planning on taking all 3 grams, alone in my room. Maybe take a walk outside or so, but mostly chill and play video games. Not mixing alcohol again because I know what that did last time, and other people just scared me/pissed me off last time I tripped, so unless they're a good friend who's cool i'll just try to avoid them.

I can't really afford to buy a bag of pot right now and i just want to know if it's really that big of difference for your visuals to trip shrooms without weed, i didn't get any visuals last time because i mixed alcohol and was having a bad week anyway, but i think this time will be different for a plethora of reasons.

I basically just wanted to know three quick questions

1) Is 3 grams going to be enough to make a 250 pound guy trip with big visuals? I took 4 last time but mostly due to the stomach full of beer i had no visuals.

2) Is weed important enough to the visuals to wait for? I mean, even if i did buy a bag of pot I would only smoke like a gram and store the rest of the eighth for later.

3) If a friend of mine wants to trip out during the week of February 29-March 6th, would I still be able to trip despite taking shrooms this week? I hear that the rule of thumb is 3 days but that 2 weeks makes a noticeable difference. Would I still trip fairly well?

--------------------
"Most families are too narrow minded to purchase a home with a bucket of truth in it."
"What's a bucket of truth?"
"Just an ordinary bucket, only, when you look into it, you shall know unmitigated, unadulterated...immutable truth"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: TrippingWithBooze]
    #2372901 - 02/23/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've never smoked pot while tripping on shrooms, and have visited other planets just fine.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: valour]
    #2373041 - 02/23/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I find that smoking pot on shrooms reduces the visuals, and just makes me really forgetful. Like I'll forget what I *just* said.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: teen]
    #2374206 - 02/24/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Smoking weed has always brought on strong visuals for me on shrooms. I find that at first I get amazing color patterns etc as soon as it kicks in, and then a little after they start to go away (unless I close my eyes in which case they are usually very complex and cool). Then I get to that forgetful, i have no idea wtf is going on mindset. I wouldnt say youd get no visuals after taking 3 grams. Its just questionable as too whether youd get really good open eye visuals. If I was tripping alone and had no weed I would lie down in the dark, shut my eyes, and listen to some shpongle  :biggrin:

OfflineJeemer
Stranger
Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works well.. [Re: TrippingWithBooze]
    #2375488 - 02/25/04 06:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The third time I shroomed I smoked lots of White Widow and hash.

I found it just gave me a headache and made me forgetful, as well as shortening the trip.

I used to do lungs (kinda like a gravity bong using a bag instead of water if you aren't familiar with them) when I was on acid, and I have felt the most insane in my life peaking on 2 1/2 acid on 2 lungs. It was fucking crazy.

Generally I find it takes the 3d/realistic visuals away and adds more coloured patterns / fractals over everything, and helps you get to sleep easier.

But I like the 3d / realistic visuals, and I'd say you're more inclined to get them if you haven't smoked dope.

InvisibleStipe
Hunter -Gatherer

Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works well.. [Re: TrippingWithBooze]
    #2375615 - 02/25/04 10:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

1.Three grams should be enough.
2.Try them without weed and find out for yourself.
3.You'll be fine.

"big visuals" are cool but a shroom trip is more complex than that. Get out and do something...make use of your creativity...listen to your own thoughts...

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: TrippingWithBooze]
    #2375783 - 02/25/04 12:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping without pot is great. Different than smoking and tripping, but just fine.

For me, visuals are not really the point of tripping. For the best visuals, I pay attention to them. It helps to be in a fairly dark environment, and focusing on something distinct and bright like a TV can really reduce their intensity.

You can trip several times close together, particularly with increased dosage. I find there is some qualitative difference between tripping for the first time in a couple months vs. tripping twice in a weekend, beyond intensity.

This is based on my limited experience. Milage may vary.

OfflineTrippingWithBooze
Stranger

Loc: Kalamazoo, MI at school, ...
Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: phi1618]
    #2376959 - 02/25/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So I wound up taking them Monday at around 7:00, I was watching Seinfeld when I took them and I was just laughing my ass off, so I had to get out of my room where my roomate was doing homework and i went to my friend's room. And then he says a bunch of mildly funny stuff that starts all this chain reaction laughing. I'm just laughing for a looong time straight.

Then he has to do some midterm shit, so i hit another friend up for cigarettes, and then we head out and buy some. Then we watch The Animatrix, the really trippy videos from it, which is like, insane but i still wasn't getting any visuals except some color tracers coming out of the TV, but my mind is like WARPED on the images.

So we head outside to smoke another cigarette, and then he decides he wants to take a shower and do homework. So i go back to my room and watch the Tool-Salival video with the lights off, and my mind is still bent around everything in the music videos, which are REALLY fun to watch when you're shrooming, the Animatrix video with the Aeon Flux looking stuff mixed with 3d is the best thing i saw though. Then I bought an orange juice from the machine in the lobby of my dorm and it tasted SO GOOD, i'd give anything to taste that again, i guess i just have to give 35 bucks for another bag of shrooms and 1.25 for a bottle of orange juice, but it was awesome. It owned.

Then I go back to my room and I was watching Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO, and I knew it was really funny, but i like couldn't laugh. And then I knew i was coming down because the depression was kicking in. I get hit really hard with the post shroom depression since my entire family on my dad's side is clinically depressed and are all on heavy doses of Paxil. I go to my friend from earlier's room and he gives me a 50 mg of Zoloft, I still don't feel much better, so I go to bed, all depressed and down and shit. And I can't sleep because my roomate has his friend over and they're watching Tron, and they're all high and all talkative. I got to sleep around 3ish. The next day I woke up fine and didn't feel any worse than usual, none of that "want to kill myself" shroom hangover feeling from last time, i think it was a combination of the zoloft, and lack of alcohol. But for sure i'm going to take a zoloft next time I come down too.

It was a kazillion times better than last time, and i think i tripped harder than that time i ate 4 grams with the beer.

--------------------
"Most families are too narrow minded to purchase a home with a bucket of truth in it."
"What's a bucket of truth?"
"Just an ordinary bucket, only, when you look into it, you shall know unmitigated, unadulterated...immutable truth"

OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
    #2377434 - 02/26/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

35 bucks for a bag of shrooms?  Yikes!  Make your own :tongue:

Offlineetard
etheonogenesis

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: CrazyJulio]
    #2379047 - 02/26/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Are you kidding? You've never tripped straight out? You're missing out man, do it.

--------------------
.oOo. Selling your babies for my bandwidth since 1994 .oOo.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: I'm broke and want to know if tripping w/o weed works we [Re: etard]
    #2383368 - 02/27/04 03:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'd be careful exploring psychadelics if your family history is full of clinical depression.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #2383468 - 02/27/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

anti-depressiants counter act mushies....

If your on anti-depressants you will not trip that well. Dont take the anti-depressants for a couple weeks then shroom.

Or dont shroom cause your on depressants.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience