Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

law related question
    #2371005 - 02/23/04 09:42 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

ok, my friends and i will often drive an hour from my location, into some backwoods farmland. we jump the fence and collect cubensis and have a routine to sprint thru certain areas where being seen is more of an issue. i am just curious, what laws we are breaking by doing this & what the consequences will most likely be if we were caught on the farmland with a paper bag of cubes. Also, any tips for avoiding these scenarios would be appreciated.  :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: law related question [Re: purity]
    #2372253 - 02/23/04 03:53 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Tresspassing would be the first law that comes to mind. And then if you are found with a bags full of cubies there would also be possession of an illegal substance. Since you live in FL. there is a chance that you could get by with saying that you were picking mushrooms to eat and picked the cubies by mistake but you had better have some other mushrooms in the bag as well.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: law related question [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2372329 - 02/23/04 04:11 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

IT is not a good idea to mix non-magic shrooms with magic. One reason being if he picks something deadly and it breeaks in the bag and a piece lodges in side the cap opf a cube, that could poison someone.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: law related question [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2372683 - 02/23/04 05:40 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, the only thing i put into my bag are cubes and copelandia.

Trespassing is major trouble in florida.. they can't nail you for the shrooms, but they can get you for trespassing, which is big-trouble especially in florida.

My suggestion is to, run if someone sees you and then don't go back to that field again.

It's always best to have permission to be on the property, than you will be home-free and no-trouble.

Oh and even though you can't get charged for shroom-possession in florida, it doesn't mean that you can't go to jail for it. Not many coppers know the shroom-law here in florida and they'll just take you to jail for the night anyways, and end up charging you something else like trespassing which is big-trouble.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: law related question [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2372875 - 02/23/04 06:31 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

dude u said big trouble like 4 times... why would tresspassing in florida be WAY WAY worse then any other state? of course you live there, so you know, please tell : )

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: law related question [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2373400 - 02/23/04 09:42 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

im not sure if the law is the same in florda at least in washington the lw is i believe if there is no sign that says "no trespassing" and the farmer never told you to get off his land, then your ok in that perspective. but once he tells to get off, your better move along. oh and hope you doenst charge you for theft, considering you are stealing his property (remember the fungi you are "liberating") but i doubt he would try that

but if you get caught with a bag a mushrooms in your hands that are illegal to have, well thats no good.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflineFloyd_
Stranger

#2373520 - 02/23/04 10:22 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

slightly off-topic maybe
but whats the legality of picking an active and examining it/taking a spore print (where spores are legal of course)
seems legal to me..but laws have a way of bending i've found out

--------------------
Dimensions

Anonymous

Re: law related question [Re: Floyd_]
    #2373652 - 02/23/04 11:13 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

psilocyben is illigal and if you have anything that contans that alkoliod you have an illigal substance on your hands thus if caught with it you would be charged

OfflineDpg_109
Stranger
    #2374777 - 02/24/04 06:21 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

i was caught with a pound of cubes and nothing else and i didn't get charged with posession, just trespassing. I am in FL BTW. If anyone sees you just run off the field and leave your bag near the fence and pick it up later, as long as the cop doesn't clearly see you on the field, there is nothing you can get in trouble for if you are off the field.

--------------------
And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise,
And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body,
Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Offlinewhereislucy
Day Tripper

Loc: SE Wonderland
Re: law related question [Re: Dpg_109]
    #2381380 - 02/26/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I could swear those are panaeolus antillarum, i live in central FL also. Oh well, either way, they are not worth eatin.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2391007 - 03/01/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What exactly do you guys mean when you say it's legal to posess shrooms in florida? I thought if you had psilocybin in your posession, you were guilty of possession of psilocybin. I don't get it. Can someone explain? Do you mean that they're so common in florida, that you could get away with saying you didn't know what kind of mushrooms they were?

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: law related question [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2391015 - 03/01/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No... fresh mushrooms are not legal in Florida. The fiske vs. state was an isolated case where a person got away with it. Other people should NOT count on having the same luck.

Anonymous

Re: law related question [Re: Gumby]
    #2391276 - 03/01/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Gumby is correct. All should also consider that PF was VERY lucky, and the same may not happen to all that are "raided".

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: law related question [Re: Gumby]
    #2391318 - 03/01/04 03:06 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well Florida's judicial system is a real wack-job (to say the least).

they'll (the judicial people) will lie to you about the mushroom laws (they lied to me about it straight to my face in the court of law).

when i asked the judge to prove (i was in trouble for something else other than shrooms) it the defense people declared to me that Psilocybian mushroom charges are now equal to harvesting LSD. Well as we all know LSD is not in mushrooms, and they also told me that people were being charged for Psilocybian mushroom possession which they now deemed equal to that of LSD-possession (straight to my face in the court of law). The lady was a real freak about it too, giving me some intense face as some type of scare tactic but it didn't phase me much.

Mushrooms simply do not belong in courtrooms. But i was having fun with them, because they were being idiots directly to my face and not many people were in the court room anyways so i played them on it.

It really pisses them off when these kids get in trouble for mushrooms and they don't know what to do about it.

Florida will make up its own laws in the courtrooms if they can get away with it, they're stupid like that.

I went back to the lady and also the judge and also the legal library of manatee county searching for proof that they are charging people with LSD-possession or even Psilocybian mushroom-possession and i found nothing. And the lady and the judge presented me with nothing, so, i had to let it fly because they would have been seriously pissed off if proved them wrong and proved them to be lieing directly to my face. But this is florida courtrooms.

I still am tempted now to this day to go back and question those fuckers, i'm not in any legal-troubles anymore.. if i ever find out a direct case of someone being in trouble for "mushroom possession in florida" i swear this state will regret they ever did it, i'll raise hell, because the judicial people simply just irritated me so damn much i feel that i owe it to the twisted bastards.....

:mushroom2: :lol:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification