Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
Seizures?
    #2367204 - 02/22/04 08:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Last night, my wife and I took 35g (wet) of cubensis from my first bulk grow.

It wasn't a particularly great trip... but it started to look up about 3 hours in... and we enjoyed ourselves for the next 3 hours after that.

About 6 hours after injestion, I was starting to come down... I was feeling ok, a was my wife.  She went to the kitchen to make some cereal, then got dizzy and had to sit down... about 10 seconds later, she went limp and almost fell off the chair, twitching and making odd noises.  I rushed to her, lifted her up and laid her on the ground, by which time she'd stopped twitching and was "back".  She laid on the ground and got a grip on herself.

I was very worried, of course and was sitting there watching over her.  All of a sudden a huge noise started in my ears and became a vibration... it became so powerful that it was all that existed.  I couldn't see/smell/taste/breath/think... I didn't know anything.  Then all of a sudden my wife is standing beside me, holding me and telling me I'll be ok... I knew immediately I had had a seizure too.  She said I had done the same thing I told her she had done...

Now... we both felt fine after that... and have had no problems since... I slept fine, if a little uneasy, and feel perfectly normal today.

Anyone have any idea what could have caused that?  We're both very experienced with cubensis, and routinely take 7g (dry) trips.  I hope these ones I just grew don't do that all the time :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Seizures? [Re: ChiLong]
    #2367272 - 02/22/04 08:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Could it be psychosomatic?

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness.
In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

Anonymous

#2367439 - 02/22/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

experienced this before with my girlfriend, I'm sure you can find the post about it. I believe in some cases, the shrooms just cause the negative feelings to 'snowball' and your brain cannot handle the overload so it shorts out. Seems to be no long term lasting effects other than fear of ever tripping again

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2367664 - 02/22/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Those were not seizures but were caused by the loss of muscular coordination, something which happens when too many shrooms are eaten and it causes this in leg and muscles, making one dizzy and unable to move about freely.

mj

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2369541 - 02/22/04 08:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with mj. those arn't seizures. and i'd know cuz i've had about a dozen. the suck ass. if you had a full out seizure you'd fuckin know. and you'd feel like complete shit. worse then shit.

Anonymous

#2369685 - 02/22/04 08:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have never experienced anything beyond very mild muscle discordination on shrooms. You may be taking the shrooms in massive overdose if your loosing muscle control and having strange black outs. It seems unlikely that both you and you wife would both have the same abnormal sensitivtiy to shrooms, unless she is also your sister  :shocked:. Also were both of you taking any other drugs that might have reacted strangly? Rember herbal medications are drugs too etc etc..

OfflineChiLong

Re: Seizures? [Re: ]
    #2369966 - 02/22/04 09:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nope... we hadn't taken even so much as an asprin that day (or for many days before that). We both eat light in general, and are very experienced with mushrooms (having used them for many years now).

That's not to say we're impervious to bad trips, of course... just that this wasn't like anything I've even heard of before. Was quite unsettling. I've always been able to handle intense (and negative) feelings on psychedelics before, but a physical reaction is something I've never experienced. I'm glad to hear that it is most likely a result of eating too much.

After discussing it with my wife, I don't think it was psychosomatic. We were both pretty much "down" after 6 hours, and it just came on really hard and fast. We compared things that I hadn't known about her experience. There was a "chittering" noise after the experience. It sounded very... insectoid. She also experienced the same noise... and hadn't told me of it until I mentioned it.

We'd never eaten that much fresh before, though. It was only 35g apiece, which should be roughly similar to 3.5-4g dry... nothing excessive for us. Perhaps these are simply more potent than other mushrooms I've had in the past. That's certainly not a bad thing, if it's the case.

We're likely going to try them again, but next time we'll try a gram or two dry, and see how that goes.

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2370340 - 02/22/04 11:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Did you guys smoke any pot?

Both me and a friend had very very similar experiences to that while on mushrooms, both incidents happening after pot...

I've also had the same sort of thing happen when I was pretty drunk and just smoked pot...

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2370344 - 02/22/04 11:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This has happened twice to one of my good friends. He's not really sure what happens but he says he could feel it coming on both times, it was usually induced by something dramatic/scary happening right before hand.
The first was when he was sitting on stairs in a dark room and had visuals of vine type things crawling along the walls, then come off the walls at him. Next thing he new he came to at the bottom of the stairs with all us around him wondering wtf just happened.
The second time, we were all chillin at a friends in lawn chairs on a beautiful day, on the side of a lake when another friend who was fucking around in a boat on the water had injured himself (he was tripping also) but he messed up his leg and came to shore bleeding and the sight of this blood caused friend number 1 to go into this seiure again.
He said he could feel it coming on, like a black haze moving in from the outside of his vision until it all goes black and then he wakes up not knowing what happened but at the same time knowing it happened again. It's pretty scary to whatch happen but it hasn't detracted him from doing anything and hasn't happened in almost a year. He is the only one I know who has had this happen and I know a lot of people who trip.
Hope this helps at all, if not only to just know your not alone.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#2370385 - 02/23/04 12:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had something similar happen to me. I forget if I ate half or a full 1/8th but I consumed some cubensis. I dind't eat the whole day because I wanted my stomach empty. I smoked a lot of herb. I remember sitting in a chair and feeling really hot and tired all of a sudden, then my field of vision started to go black, like closing in. For some reason I knew I'd be fine. I even told myself "I'll be fine". I guess I came to a couple minutes later with all my friends around me. They said I had a siezure and my head dropped back and my arms were flailing. I didn't remeber it at all, and I got up and had some water and some food and felt fine. That was the only time that has ever happened to me, and I was never sure why. I don't know if it was because I was dehydrated, hungry, an adverse effect from the shrooms, or a combination of all three. Hey MJ what do you think it was?

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2370415 - 02/23/04 12:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Can't see it being anything to do with the potency of the psilocybin. Psilocybin comes around 400 places lower in the toxicity league than aspirin. If I'd taken aspirin on the day I had a seizure I wouldn't be looking at the aspirin.

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: Seizures? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2372251 - 02/23/04 01:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What you guys are describing has happened to me twice. Only once on mushrooms. Once I was drunk. Both were about 15 minutes after smoking.

Your head and mind get real heavy, vision goes either white or black(was white for me)... And then you come to on the ground...

When this happened to me while drinking, I was playing video games, drinkin, takin oney tokes... After the last one, I started to feel a bit sick. So I went upstairs to puke. Once I got upstairs, the above effects started happening, and I got into my kitchen and started fading away, I could just barely tell what was happening.. I collapsed on the floor and could feel myself shaking a little, Then I came to on the floor, kinda panicked. Anyway it sort of rolled on me repeatedly, getting weaker each time. After about 45 minutes I was cool.

The second time was on mushrooms. I had eaten about 2.5 grams or so. When I was almost at the peak I took about 4 bong loads of some good ass pot, had not smoked in 2 weeks. After I knew I was going to get fucked up, but a few minutes later the voice in my head started asking me if I was going to freak out. Then this same fainting thing started coming on. But I recognized it, so I went to the bathroom in case I had to puke. The bathroom wasn't working out even as I was breathing very deep and slow(great way to calm down)... I decided I needed fresh air. Went to the door and knelt and stuck my head out and breathed.

It must have 'took' me, because the next thing I know I was crawling around on all 4's in the living room, up the stairs from the door.

I went back to the door and just breathed and thought, after about 15 minutes I was having a great trip...

Another occurance of this was my friend. 3 of us were out on this nature trail at night, split 9 grams 3 ways. My one friend had not tripped that many times and this was his biggest dose. During our peak we smoked a joint, and then another one about 45 minutes later. After this we were talking but my one friend hadn't said anything for the last ten minutes... All of the sudden he just falls over face down and starts shaking... I was a bit surprised, hadn't seen this happen (was after my drunk experience, but before my mushroom one), anyway he eventually opened his eyes and sat up... I had to talk him back to reality and remind him to breath, he was a bit freaked for aboout a hlaf hour but after that he had a good time.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
Re: Seizures? [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2373831 - 02/23/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think we could use a docters explanation or something... i did dxms on a friday, then the next saturday i was taking a hit off the bong and while i was passing it to my friend -
::I got very lightheaded::
"Yo chris heres the bong"
he looks up at me
"yo, are you feeling it?"
:: i nodded ::
"Damn yoooo... Are you really feeling it?" (i guess i looked way out of it but we thought it was becuase of the pot)
:: i suddenly go cross eyed ::
and BAM i smashed into a big ass fan which saved my life because it was nailed down in front of a hole in my friends second floor of his garage..... if it wasnt for his dad making me nail down that fan id be dead... DESTINY? but yeah that fucked up the whole dxm scene for me but it was probably just the pot... oh yeah and do you people notice this too????? while i was smoking out the bong(buddah) i was taking huge hits and they felt like nothing at all and seemed not to get me high.... i finished a whole bowl and did not feel any discomfort in my lungs... hmmmmmm damn that scred the shit out of me man...i just remember waking up and my friend is just like yo STOP PLAYIN and im like what the fuck? i thought i just had fallen off the chair or something...wow :thumbdown:

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

OfflineChiLong

#2386297 - 02/28/04 09:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well... just did two cracker dry grams of the same mushrooms last night.  It was much better.  No seizures, but I got a LOT higher than I expected to from two grams.  This leads me to believe I have some very potent mushrooms here, as myself and the others (another 3 people) who took between one and two grams last night are all extremely experienced mushroom users (who are experienced with doses in the 7-10 dry grams area) and that small dose kicked all our asses.  In a good way, of course :wink:

So... I'm betting that I simply took a really potent dose at 35 wet grams and that the stress of my wife having a bit of a "fit" induced a similar reaction in me.  I've noticed no tendancy towards any sort of seizure since.

Thanks for all the responses... I must admit I was a bit worried until I read a lot of the responses here.

Cheers!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds