Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: The Revolution [Re: Shroomism]
    #2370075 - 02/22/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's been done. Check out the creation of the United States of America.

No harm in redoing it, though. Jefferson was of the opinion that government would have to be overthrown every twenty years or so regardless of how airtight a constitution a country had.

The best approach would be to adopt the original constitution of the US, but correct its flaws. The two most dangerous ones were giving the government the right to coin the legal tender of the country and giving it the right to regulate interstate commerce.

You'll also have to decide which of your goals and/or principles will hold primacy, since some of the ones you've listed make others impossible. I'm presuming after reading this that your most important one is the primacy of free will: that all must be left free to act as they choose providing their actions don't infringe on the rights of others to act as they choose. If this is the case, you'll have to discard some of the other goals.

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Revolution [Re: Phred]
    #2370163 - 02/22/04 10:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The two most dangerous ones were giving the government the right to coin the legal tender of the country and giving it the right to regulate interstate commerce.

Well, if we got rid of borders, as Shroomism suggested, then I don't think there'd be such a thing as interstate commerce. I don't know about coining legal tender. I don't know too much about economics, but I think they added that to the Constitution because of problems that some of the states were having under the Articles of Confederation.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
    #2370169 - 02/22/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i would like to be included in this revolution... a few things bother me though...

at the meeting tomorrow, who is going to be organizing everything?
it seems to me that with all these people wanting to be heard, everyone will end up shouting at everyone else to shut up, and the discussion will develop into a full-scale war. i suggest we take turns speaking? possibly in an alphabetic order or something similar? i dunno, maybe you have this all figured out already.

anything i can do to help (besides spreading love, which i try to do anyways) let me know

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2370216 - 02/22/04 11:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I suggest you all read or re-read the last chapter of foods.

Here is an excerpt. This section focuses directly on the Drug War side of the revolution. :smile:
I look at Terence as a psychedelic prophet, Food Of The Gods is my New Testament.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A MODEST PROPOSAL

A drug policy respectful of democratic values would aim to educate people to make informed
choices based on their own needs and ideals. Such a simple prescription is necessary and sadly
overdue.

A master plan for seriously seeking to come to terms with America's drug problems might
explore a number of options, including the following.
1. A 200 percent federal tax should be imposed on tobacco and alcohol. All government
subsidies for tobacco production should be ended. Warnings on packaging should be
strengthened. A 20 percent federal sales tax should be levied on sugar and sugar substitutes,
and all supports for sugar production should be ended. Sugar packages should also carry
warnings, and sugar should be a mandatory topic in school nutrition curricula.
2. All forms of cannabis should be legalized and a 200 percent federal sales tax imposed on
cannabis products. Information as to the THC content of the product and current conclusions
regarding its impact on health should be printed on the packaging.
3. International Monetary Fund and World Bank lending should be withdrawn from countries
that produce hard drugs. Only international inspection and certification that a country is in
compliance would restore loan eligibility.
4. Strict gun control must apply to both manufacture and possession. It is the unrestricted
availability of firearms that has made violent crime and the drug abuse problem so intertwined.
5. The legality of nature must be recognized, so that all plants are legal to grow and possess.
6. Psychedelic therapy should be made legal and insurance coverage extended to include it.
7. Currency and banking regulations need to be strengthened. Presently bank collusion with
criminal cartels allows large-scale money laundering to take place.
8. There is an immediate need for massive support for scientific research into all aspects of
substance use and abuse and an equally massive commitment to public education.
9. One year after implementation of the above, all drugs still illegal in the United States
should be decrimi-
nalized. The middleman is eliminated, the government can sell drugs at cost plus 200 percent,
and those monies can be placed in a special fund to pay the social, medical, and educational
costs of the legalization program. Money from taxes on alcohol, tobacco, sugar, and can-nabis
can also be placed in this fund. Also following this one-year period, pardons should be given
to all offenders in drug cases that did not involve firearms or felonious assault.
If these proposals seem radical, it is only because we have drifted so far from the ideals that
were originally most American. At the foundation of the American theory of social polity is
the notion that our inalienable rights include "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." To
pretend that the right to the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to experiment with
psychoactive plants and substances is to make an argument that is at best narrow and at worst
ignorant and primitive. The only religions that are anything more than the traditionally
sanctioned moral codes are religions of trance, dance ecstasy, and intoxication by
hallucinogens. The living fact of the mystery of being is there, and it is an inalienable religious
right to be able to approach it on one's own terms. A civilized society would enshrine that
principle in law.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken From Terence Mckenna's,  Food Of The Gods

[1946-2000]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Revolution [Re: skoomaguitarist]
    #2370250 - 02/22/04 11:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if there is tons of people at the meeting tomorrow, there is a chat function that silences everyone except for those who are picked to talk, so it can be nice and orderly. myself and automan will be moderating the discussion.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2370275 - 02/22/04 11:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

after reading that, i must say i was taking part in your revolution long before i even knew of you. :wink:

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #2370560 - 02/23/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This is an awesome idea and I'm excited about it. I'll be willing to help in any way I can, Swami's idea really strikes me as a great one.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

Re: The Revolution [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #2370565 - 02/23/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

and here i was about to write you off as a worthless rabble-rouser :lol:

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2370581 - 02/23/04 12:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I know I'm going to forget to be here at, what, 6:00 p.m. my time?  California??  :shake:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: The Revolution [Re: Frog]
    #2370638 - 02/23/04 02:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Let's see... that's
10 CST
9 MT
8 PT

And 5AM GMT.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: The Revolution [Re: ]
    #2370650 - 02/23/04 02:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:

sounds a lot like what the founders of this nation set out to do 240 years ago.

:thumbup:

Yes, and I like that, too. I just wish things in the US hadn't gotten so off the track.The founders and authors of this nation must be spinning in their graves. :frown:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2370907 - 02/23/04 06:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, I missed this one because I already went to bed, but next time I can probably wake up way early in the morning to catch it... I guess it is 5 or 6 a.m. for me.. but I'll do it! A small price to pay. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2371347 - 02/23/04 09:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you didn't miss anything... the meeting is in 11 hours from the time of this post

They say the revolution is not going to be televised... but no one said anything about it not being on the internet.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2371534 - 02/23/04 11:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Change the way money is distributed?balance the fields?no 5% having 95% of the money.

This is free how?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2371557 - 02/23/04 11:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well hell, I had better get dude to set the firewall up so the port for the Shroomery is open, then. Its early to bed with me, too. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2371675 - 02/23/04 11:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't claim to have all the answers, I'm just throwing out suggestions.

--------------------

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2373104 - 02/23/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

*REMINDER*

For the meeting tonight:

11pm eastern time - 8pm for you west coasters
to connect simply go to the shroomery.org main page and click on community, then shroomery chat
it should take you right in, once connected type /join #revolution and you will be in the room
for connecting through an irc client, simply put /server shroomery.org , then /join #revolution

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

Offlinefindbuddha
findingforbiddenmoments,unmediatedexperience
Loc: Australia
    #2373191 - 02/23/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm all for this. A couple of points:

- Governments, right wing idiots etc will not be happy when something like this gets off the ground. They will use violence, and they have pretty big fucken armies. What are we going to do about that?

- Media coverage: I live in australia, so I don't have personal experiance with US and other news coverage, i just assume it's a lot worse than it is here. News coverage here consists of 5 channels of shit ('ooh, look at the pretty puppy, gee, wasn't it hot today'), and 2 channels that are alright, but few watch. So, news coverage of this sort of thing will range from none at all, to look at the stupid hippies/terrorists. Effectively, anything the 'average person' hears about it will be through the media companies who are paying the governments to keep this system running as it is. The media is not our friend.

- dustin's post disturbed me. This sort of language suggests that this will be a top down revolution, rather than a ground up revolution. Top down revolution is not respecting of free will IMO. Of course, in the event of impending environmental catastrophe, as might happen soon, violent top down revolution might be the only thing to save any large portion of the human species.

- Some suggestions for environmental guidelines: Actions which destroy biodiversity or introduce a chemical into the environment which does not have a naturally occurring process to return it to pre-human chemical compounds at a rate sufficient to prevent buildup, are not good.

- I think the best way to go about this would be to create the 'virtual' organization (the online presence) first, then have small physical manifestations started around the world. Have the website be like a guide / directory / educational presence that physical manifestations can claim affiliation to if their individual goals / rules are close enough to the main site's.

- Having the large population base of the shroomery is very handy.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: The Revolution [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2373228 - 02/23/04 06:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yes, and I like that, too. I just wish things in the US hadn't gotten so off the track.The founders and authors of this nation must be spinning in their graves.

and soon, the founders and authors of this revolution will be spinning in theirs.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2373315 - 02/23/04 07:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A few thoughts I had after some discussion in the channel this afternoon:

Violence should be strictly removed from our activities. If even one of us uses violence in our support of "The Revolution" we lose everything we are striving for. We would become "terrorists" in the eyes of all. Regimes born of violence will end in violence, I've heard before, and I don't see why we could/would be any different. Violence cannot be alowed.

Ok, on the topic of "spreading the news"...I think a lot can be said for certain word-of-mouth techniques. If we try using the media (any form) we stand the chance of coming off the wrong way. People could misunderstand our message. We could be seen as being a part of the system which we are trying to do away with.

Look at bonnaroo. With little (none, I think) advertising they end up as a rather large festival, selling out all their tickets.

If we phrase our message the correct way, people will want to tell eachother. They will want to spread the word. In this manner the Revolution could spread exponentially, constantly accelerating as it gains ground.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies