Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Lots of Mycelium...
    #2369895 - 02/22/04 09:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone. I have 2 questions for the masses.
1) I just innoculated 6 jars for the first time with some liquid, karo, innoc that i have. Now i put in about 2  cc's at each hole, and i had 5 holes; this is going to make it colonize faster, right? I wouldn't have even thought of using that much, but i just made a huge batch Karo, and have over half left.
2) Because i have so much left, would it be feasible to make a very cheap and not so sterile bulk growing apparatus? I was thinking that i could just use the rest of the brown rice flour i have, and get some more vermiculite and just mix those two after sterlizing them with a lot of water in an aluminum tray, and use many many cc's of liquid innoc. all over the place. I don't know if this would work, because from what I've read about bulk growing it seems a lot more complicated than just a big PF cake. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Lots of Mycelium... [Re: Hrethic]
    #2369925 - 02/22/04 09:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

your on the right track...scrap the last idea and just get some more 1/2 pints. try the alien cake tek i have found that to be a much beter substrate than just brf. good luck

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Lots of Mycelium... [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2370017 - 02/22/04 10:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's the thing, i'm kind of on a tight time schedule and have no more money for any 1/2 pints. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: Lots of Mycelium... [Re: Hrethic]
    #2370116 - 02/22/04 10:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you got any type of jar? even a class covered with tin foil could work as a jar. cover with foil, sterilize, poke though the foil to innoculate. When you sterilize the "jars" also put some extra foil already cut in there also. after innoculation cover the foil with the hole in it with fresh foil. the top verm layer is optional but i would use it unless you are innoculating and incubating in a glove box. Make sure you cause a little draft as possable when dealing with them and store in a draft free location. i'ld carry your PC or your steem pot to your incubation location and innoculate there.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates