Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Question on acid
    #2369910 - 02/22/04 09:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've never done acid before but a couple of pals and I are picking up a batch soon. My roommate and another friend each did about 1.5 tabs Friday night. We had 4 other people including myself who were just drinking. Now they say it was a good trip, and it worked and all but, they didn't experience any really strong visuals and didn't have a lot happen to them that was worth telling about or reflecting on. From an outside perspective they seemed like the rest of us ( a little drunk). They said acid is easier to handle than Mushrooms, and one even claimed people who see crazy shit off acid may be exaggerating  :oogle:. Is that a normal sounding trip for 1.5 tabs? What is a dose that would produce better visuals and more intensity? And can anyone compare acid to mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Question on acid [Re: Hahzist]
    #2369927 - 02/22/04 09:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

either really weak blotters or fake ones. acid produces more visuals than shrooms do imo.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Question on acid [Re: Infrared]
    #2369980 - 02/22/04 09:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with DeepBlue. One hit always gives me mind bending visuals. Its almost too much to handle, sometimes. I don't really like the "fried" feeling it gives me about 7 hours into the trip though, and the 5+ more hours it gives. Enough is enough already. LSD lasts a long time and is intense. Your friend's acid must have sucked.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Question on acid [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2370008 - 02/22/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Oh ya, and as far as in comparison to mushrooms go...

I think mushrooms take me further into the spiritual world. The visuals from mushrooms are usually more complex, colorful, and beautiful. LSD kind of makes things sway and move around in loops. It is very forced, if you know what I'm saying. Its more of a poisoning than a high IMO. I suppose it was worth trying a few times though.

It seems every time for me is too much.

I'd eat more than 1.5 of them, if they said it sucked, but do not overdo it if it is your first time. You don't know what you are getting yourself into. Also, if they did LSD any time recently, they had a tolerance to LSD, so that might account for not having very good visuals.

Be safe!

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2370504 - 02/23/04 12:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It was bunk if you ask me.

Hey, if your buddies are in the market of picking up some acid... I know w guy who has something right up their ally. From what I can tell it looks like notebook paper, but it might be just as strong as what your friends got.

All joking aside, good cid is few and far between now-a-days. 5-4 hits of weak cid might get you where you want to be.

I think Acid is easier to handle emotionally compared to shrooms, but over all the trip seems much more intense. Some time acid just keeps on going and going and going.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Question on acid [Re: djd586]
    #2370543 - 02/23/04 12:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Acid's much easier to handle than shrooms, good call.

and so I'm not thread-jacking, it was either bunk, placebo or an RC. Know your drug know your source. Read up a bit. Search for LSD threads here, or read Erowid's LSD vault.

InvisibleDieCommie

#2370879 - 02/23/04 05:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think LSD is more hardcore than shrooms in many ways...

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2370895 - 02/23/04 05:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree with the people calling "bunk"....

LSD is alot easier to handle in small amounts 1-2 hits, than mushrooms.

Also, visuals are a horrible gauge of quality.

There have been multiple times where I've taken 3+ hits of acid and not gotten any visuals(besides the always present tracers and some movement), and this was with acid that had been proven to be high quality/visual acid. There have even been times where I took 1 hit, and then 8 hours later got some of the best visuals I have ever got.
All with the same acid.

In conclusion, visuals are not does dependent(though it certainly can help).

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Question on acid [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2370972 - 02/23/04 07:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

> LSD is alot easier to handle in small amounts 1-2 hits, than mushrooms.

I find the opposite to be true.  Small amounts of acid are harder for me to handle than larger doses.  Small amounts of mushrooms are easier for me to handle than large doses.  We are all different.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on acid [Re: Seuss]
    #2371149 - 02/23/04 09:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I find LSD to be much easier to handle than mush. I wouldn't necessarily say that those hits were bunk. Doesn't sound like the ideal setting for having a real visionary trip, hanging out with a bunch of drunk people. Try taking it about 1.5 hours before sunset or sunrise. Put on some headphones with some pink floyd, GD, Phish, Beck, some kinda good psychedelic music. Enjoy!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Question on acid [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2371959 - 02/23/04 12:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the input guys :smile: I guess its all gonna come down to me and what I get out of the acid.  I'm gonna drop two for my first time and I do plan on making sure the setting is a lot better than 8 people crammed in a dorm room drinking and smoking :P

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on acid [Re: Seuss]
    #2372476 - 02/23/04 02:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i dunno, taking like 1000 mics of acid is way crazier then any amount of shrooms could ever be IMO. with shrooms you can always predict basically what its gonna be like(that doesnt mean it wont be intense and crazy) but it feels the same everytime. LSD is always so unpredictable and you never anticipate how your trip will be, and the visuals cant compar to any other drug there is.

--------------------

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2372494 - 02/23/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes it sounds pretty normal for the quality of the acid these days. I'd say take atleast 2 hits for your first trip unless you know it's good.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2372512 - 02/23/04 02:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hahzist said:
one even claimed people who see crazy shit off acid may be exaggerating

hahaha
they are making these doses waaaaaaaaaay too weak

100 mics is very far from experiencing lsd

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflinenOs
cybergeek

Loc: New Zealand
    #2372597 - 02/23/04 03:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

People who claim they see crazy shit on acid are not exaggerating!

My own experiences range from and energetic buzz with very slight flowing visuals, to closing my eyes and being swept into an entirely different reality!

I'm in the opposite half of the world to you, so who knows the quality you have, it does sound very poor. I have never had blotter that did nothing at all. The strength I've had has ranged by about a factor of 2. The best stuff was strong enough to completely overpower and freak (with massive visual distortions) a person of 60Kg by taking 1/2 a tab.

A fellow tripper buddy of mine has about half the tolerace to acid that I do. I'm 95Kg and he's around 68Kg. I'd be happy enough taking 1 tab and going out partying, there is no way he'd go out while tripping!

*don't drink more than a beer or 2, better none at all. Take your acid on and empty stomach for full effect! Best to be with like minded people while tripping, not a bunch of drunks!

Do not under estimate the power of acid! Knowledge and environment are everything when it comes to having a good trip.

Have fun!

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Question on acid [Re: nOs]
    #2373055 - 02/23/04 05:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Takes me 3 tabs before I get anything resembling a trip on acid.
Need to take 7 to 10 for decent trip.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

Edited by teen (02/23/04 05:33 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on acid [Re: teen]
    #2373105 - 02/23/04 05:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that must be some weak ass LSD. a few years back i could take 1 blotter (!) and have an awesome trip with good visuals. if you got to buy 7-10 hits just to trip it aint even worth it

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2374269 - 02/24/04 12:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
a few years back i could take 1 blotter (!) and have an awesome trip with good visuals.

white blotters  :wink:

ah those were the days

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Question on acid [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2374306 - 02/24/04 12:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

blue ufo's and the orange pyramids too. 1 hit of those and i was trippin hard :eyemouth:

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2375946 - 02/25/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
that must be some weak ass LSD. a few years back i could take 1 blotter (!) and have an awesome trip with good visuals. if you got to buy 7-10 hits just to trip it aint even worth it

I dont know about it not being worth it, if it's still good, and thats all you can get. I dont know how old you are, but if you think about it... From what I hear, acid was about the same price from the early 70s until the mid 90s. This is in the NYC metro area. Supposedly, prices went up on the crystal end, but blotters were always $5 a hit. In the 70's, my parents said they were $3-5 actually. But thats not to bad if you think about it, cause a 'dime' back then was like a quarter oz, not sure how the rest of the market was... The cost of living since back then, in general, is about 10x what it was. Thats what happened to my grandparents house value there at least. Acid did not have %1000 increase however, when its around, its about $10. I would pay $10 like the rest of the kids, but I'd rather travel for the better, cheaper stuff. Stupid snobby ravers  :grin: :crazy2:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag