Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Revolution [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2368966 - 02/22/04 06:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you can connect straight from the main shroomery.org page
simply click on community tab and then shroomery chat
once in type /join #revolution

you can access the chat through mIRC but I am unsure of the ports and such..someone else can inform you

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: The Revolution [Re: Shroomism]
    #2368998 - 02/22/04 06:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

good ideas.

some things to look at though.

what happens though when our cheap oil supply runs out. sure the earth has a whole lot of oil,but what matters is the oil that is easily acessable.  that is running our fast, as quite possibly within the next 10 years. sure we can use solar panels, but we need oil to power those machines.  ee what I'm saying. shit will be hitting the fan when it's too expensive to go to work because oil costs so much. When oil costs are get too high, agriculture will become expensive, and yeah, food prices will go up.  one can imagine how much we rely on oil. I mean if top geologists are saying this

"According to Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham, "America faces a major energy supply crisis over the next two decades. The failure to meet this challenge will threaten our nation's economic prosperity, compromise our national security, and literally alter the way we lead our lives."

"George W. Bush's Energy Adviser, Matthew Simmons, has acknowledged that "The situation is desperate. This is the world's biggest serious question.""  it's about peak oil

What is "Peak Oil"?

All oil production follows a bell curve, whether in an individual field or on the planet as a whole. On the upslope of the curve production costs are significantly lower than on the downslope when extra effort (expense) is required to extract oil from reservoirs that are emptying out.

Put simply: oil is abundant and cheap on the upslope, scarce and expensive on the downslope.

For the past 150 years, we have been moving up the upslope of the global oil production curve. "Peak Oil" is the industry term for the top of the curve. It's often referred to as "Hubbert's Peak" a reference to King Hubbert, the geologist who discovered that oil production follows a bell curve.

Once we pass the peak, we will go down the very steep downslope. The further we go down the slope, the more it costs to produce oil, and its cousin, natural gas.

In practical terms, this means that if 2000 was the year of Peak Oil, worldwide oil production in the year 2020 will be the same as it was in 1980. However, the world's population in 2020 will be both much larger (appoximately twice as big) and much more industrialized than it was in 1980. Consequently, worldwide demand for oil will outpace the worldwide production of oil by a significant margin.

The more demand for oil exceeds production of oil, the higher the price goes.

Ultimately, the question is not "When will we run out of oil?" but rather, "When will we run out of cheap oil?"

btw, go to the politics forum and look at enotake's post.  if we are to get together this problem will show how much strength humanity really has not to mention some good rubttles with regads to solar and other forms of energy since we have hit this point.

I ask you shroomism, what about love???  fireworks mentioned service to others. vs. service to self.  we will have to decide this and then form a really good base.  a solid beginning is what we need, and we need love to help our cause grow.

Can humans learn to put down weapons?

and the money thing, I'm not too keen on that.  the money isn't based on much anyways.  And who's currency are you going to use. really though it's the ideas in peoples heads that would have to change.  so far it looks like the majorioty is out for themselves.

we must construct ways to reach out to others and in mass quantities :smile:

this is great BTW shroomism  :rocket:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

Re: The Revolution [Re: kaiowas]
    #2369075 - 02/22/04 06:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

many experts say many things, and many times its dependent upon the people for whom they work....

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Revolution [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2369087 - 02/22/04 06:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A whole harem of 'em would put a man in an early grave!

An ordinary man.  :wink:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2369187 - 02/22/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I see what you are saying and agree, but it is something to think about.  I was really using it because I think humans will have to do without energy for a while if we were to impliment new forms of making energy.  it's jsut that we rely so heavily on it.  it's just one of the many things to discuss :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: kaiowas]
    #2369232 - 02/22/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's all about the love, man.
Our base should be the service-to-others.
Our mission should be uphold free will, spread love, understanding, acceptance..

Our mission statement should be something like

We are humans of Earth that are dedicated to forming a balance and unity between all nations of Earth, to promote the peace and welfare of every nation, ensure that free will and human rights are observed and protected, preserve and care for the planet, nature, and all living things, and promote the education of all citizens.

Love, acceptance, and diversity. If anyone is going to put down their weapons those are the first things they should hear, see, know, feel, and understand. That should be our top priority at all times.. to spread the love.

It's infectious, you know..

As to the oil problem..obviously, it's a big problem. Alternative energy sources must be utilized if we are to continue on. There is just the problem of the oil industry and their stranglehold. But these are issues which need to develop later.. right now we must focus on creating a clear and focused objective.. a solid set of achievable goals, and stay as organized as possible. I hope we get a lot of people at the meeting tommorow night so that we can get the ball rolling in discussion and brainstorming.

--------------------

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2369244 - 02/22/04 07:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

*ensure

i'll be the revolutionary spellcheck.

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2369252 - 02/22/04 07:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

heh

--------------------

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
    #2369278 - 02/22/04 07:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

nothin will ever change. People are too blissfully ignorant of the world around them and T.Vs are just gonna get more and more popular and people are gonna get stupider and stupider. Then one day we'll blow ourselves up and get to start over.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Revolution [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2369286 - 02/22/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I believe that if enough people get together and start working on it, it could happen. I don't know if it could be started globally, but it would be fun to give it a try on a local level.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2369287 - 02/22/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"nothin will ever change"

things change constantly.  just one idea and get many things started, case in point this post of shroomism's. 

change is good  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: Frog]
    #2369339 - 02/22/04 07:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There's nothing local about the shroomery. The internet is already global.

If things don't change.. they wont change... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to give it my best damn effort, and I have a lot of energy and willpower. And I'm just one person.

but well in less then 12 hours this thread got more views then the S&P rules thread has in the past 8 months. maybe there's hope yet :smirk:

For the meeting tomorrow (monday) night:

11pm eastern time - 8pm for you west coasters
to connect simply go to the shroomery.org main page and click on community, then shroomery chat
it should take you right in, once connected type /join #revolution and you will be in the room
for connecting through an irc client, simply put /server shroomery.org , then /join #revolution

we will discuss all the plans and hopefully have an efficient exchange where we can create a mission statement and all that fun stuff.

hope to see you all there!

--------------------

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2369384 - 02/22/04 07:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what time would that be in my neck of the woods? its the 23rd already here. I'm interested to see what goes down.what time is the shroomery server set to?

--------------------
Light & Music

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2369420 - 02/22/04 07:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Can we get pm reminders on this one? Would that be too complicated? I will try to remember as much as i can. I would really want to be there for the discussion.

helping hands  :sun:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2369422 - 02/22/04 07:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

let me see...if my calculations are correct it would be 5am your time?
figure it's just after 9:30 eastern time right now.. so in 25 and a half hours... that's when it would be

--------------------

Anonymous

#2369451 - 02/22/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The single biggest obstacle, possibly bigger than overcoming the corrupt government/banking/power structure in place, is convincing people that global change on this scale is possible. Most people just don't believe it. As long as people believe it is possible, it is possible. That is the key factor in all of this.

Some of us who say we are all for a revolution truly don't believe it yet also. If someone were to offer you the chance to wake up tomorrow in a utopia, would you be able to live in it without feeling guilty or that something is wrong? Many people will have a feeling that something doesn't feel quite right, because the world as they know it now, is "normal." Many people are afraid of a utopia simply because they wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they were there. Our society as we know it is the only reality they've experienced, so they can't fathom a reality without war, slavery, and suffering on a massive scale. This is what I'm talking about with limiting beliefs. People will limit the outcome of something because they simply don't believe something so great is possible.

Anonymous

Re: The Revolution [Re: ]
    #2369524 - 02/22/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

keep this in mind:
-almost all nations have an army, how can we replace a government with this? think about the actual infrastructure of them and the time/land/money/people that goes into them. you might be able to persuade a country to disband or hand over control of a military... but what are you going to do with the thousands of people who are part of it?

-some nations have nuclear weapons, who says where and how these will be dealt with? Persuading a government or those few who are in power to hand over a nuke will be tremendously difficult even with the support of it's citizens.

-there are religious areas in the world that will not want their country being controlled or counciled by an outside organization/country. there are lots of arabs who are expressing their feelings toward intervention right now.. and have been for many years (previous to bush)

-and once our organization becomes large and has enough funding, will we begin to help out those in need? such as homeless children, starving people, etc. this kind of action will prove to the world we have good intentions and also gain more support.

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: The Revolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2369546 - 02/22/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
One thing we will have to be ready for is the government already in control... they aren't going to want to give their power up. They like to silence people before they have the oppurtunity to spread the message far and wide.... damn them. :mad:
Peace.

i dont think GOVT is a problem , its millions of right wing conservatives that you gotta worry about ...

But i dont mean to discourage you, i say go for it and good luck, i will be joining you as soon as i re-empower my own self.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2369553 - 02/22/04 08:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>>There's nothing local about the shroomery. The internet is already global.

LOL!! Good point!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2369569 - 02/22/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think i'll be around then, although I am having some acid tonite so who knows  :eyemouth:

Edited by DestruKtiKon (02/22/04 08:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom