Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Revolution [Re: Swami]
    #2368548 - 02/22/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I can handle the legal aspects!! Let's go!!

As long as I can be in charge of the psycho-sexual aspects. BTW would a harem (or hareem) be legal under the new law?

I think it would depend on the laws that are in place. 

In a harem, do you marry each concubine?  If not, I think you could have a harem, unless there's a law against living with more than one person of the opposite sex.  If so, if there is a law against polygamy, I don't think you do it. 

If you give me and Shroomism a lot of money, maybe we can draft a law making the new world "harem" friendly.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: The Revolution [Re: Swami]
    #2368559 - 02/22/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shoot, just keeping one woman is a job. A whole harem of 'em would put a man in an early grave! :biggrin:

Anonymous

Re: The Revolution [Re: Shroomism]
    #2368601 - 02/22/04 04:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm all for this and will help in any way I can. The most important factor is living our lives as examples and upholding Free Will in every situation we come across. Let it begin as a snowball rolling down a hill. It will gain momentum and size as it reaches more people on the way down.

It's time to let go of our limiting beliefs. Revolution is possible. The time for fear, control, and manipulation is behind us. This is the energy of the Old World that will soon be left behind. Change is inevitable.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#2368627 - 02/22/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in, but I have to say that toppling government (among other things) is a rather ambitious start.  We need to organize a group of people working toward one (realistic) goal and go from there.  I would love to see the war on drugs ended, but even that seems a bit far fetched...

I don't know where I'm going with this.  Lets start a million (thousand? couple-hundred?) shroomerite march and go get blazed in front of the white house right before Bush loses the election this fall.  :evil:  Now there's a good start to some good change.  :laugh:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The Revolution [Re: Frog]
    #2368632 - 02/22/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
I can handle the legal aspects!!  Let's go!!

Did I happen to mention that I argue a lot?  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2368723 - 02/22/04 04:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I started a constitution....
it's not exactly perfect but whatever good start

We, the people of Earth, in order to form a more harmonious balance between nations, establish protocols to protect the human rights and free will of all people, to insure for global peace, provide education to all citizens, promote spiritual growth, to protect and the preserve the planet and all of nature, and to provide for the equal and fair distribution of resources, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the people of Earth.

Article 1

The people of Earth shall protect the natural laws of free thought and free will. No laws may be passed that interfere with the free will or human rights of any person. Free thinking is also protected. The written and spoken word can be freely expressed in any format. The law of Free Will states that if you harm no one, you may do as you please. It is against nature to interfere with free will and this right shall be protected.

Article 2

Every person on the planet shall be considered a citizen of Earth, and equal rights will be given to everyone. All citizens may move freely to any part of the planet Earth or other planets without hindrance. National borders are for mapping and historical reasons only, for all people are citizens of Earth and can move freely in any manner.

Article 3

No law may be passed which endangers any species of life or harms the essence of nature, including the oceans, rivers, forests, and atmosphere of Earth. Any citizen who violates the planet or nature shall be educated until they understand the importance of living in harmony with nature and creation.

Article 4

No form of energy shall be used on Earth that damages the atmosphere, oceans, or forests of nature. No energy shall be used that damages the thinking or health of Earth citizens. All energies shall be free to citizens. No chemical or toxins of any kind are to be used as energy sources unless completely harmless to life. Field generators, solar power, and tachyon energy converters shall be the primary source of energy on Earth, for they are free, safe, and come in unlimited supply from the universe. Citizens will be encouraged to come forth with inventions or ideas which can better the quality of life on Earth.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2368731 - 02/22/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Of course, each of those is subject to interpretation.  What I would do is start a thread, with each of those as the topic, and let the fun begin...  :grin:

Also, there may be other topics that someone might come up with. 

Those who come up with an clause that is to be added can be on the Council with Shroomism.

--------------------

Edited by Frog (02/22/04 05:03 PM)

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2368739 - 02/22/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

there are degrees of connectivity in what people do, andh how it effects other people...especially regarding our ecosystems...

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2368745 - 02/22/04 05:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

not a bad start shroomism. :thumbup:

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2368795 - 02/22/04 05:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"So who is with me?!?!"

weekly meeting?? great idea!!!  count me in. :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2368804 - 02/22/04 05:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A few problems I see here:

Quote:

Article 2

Every person on the planet shall be considered a citizen of Earth, and equal rights will be given to everyone. All citizens may move freely to any part of the planet Earth or other planets without hindrance. National borders are for mapping and historical reasons only, for all people are citizens of Earth and can move freely in any manner.

If we got rid of borders, would that mean there would be one world government? Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and I can't think of many positions more powerful than "ruler of earth." Even if it's not just one person ruling, the people in charge would likely become absolutely corrupted. Also, how would this be accomplished? No nation is going to voluntarily abdicate power and get rid of its borders.

Quote:

Article 3

No law may be passed which endangers any species of life or harms the essence of nature, including the oceans, rivers, forests, and atmosphere of Earth. Any citizen who violates the planet or nature shall be educated until they understand the importance of living in harmony with nature and creation.

Who is to interpret what "the essence of nature" is? Also, are you proposing that we go back to a hunter-gatherer society? Because otherwise I don't see how we could survive without having some sort of negative impact on the environment.

Quote:

Article 4

No form of energy shall be used on Earth that damages the atmosphere, oceans, or forests of nature. No energy shall be used that damages the thinking or health of Earth citizens. All energies shall be free to citizens. No chemical or toxins of any kind are to be used as energy sources unless completely harmless to life. Field generators, solar power, and tachyon energy converters shall be the primary source of energy on Earth, for they are free, safe, and come in unlimited supply from the universe. Citizens will be encouraged to come forth with inventions or ideas which can better the quality of life on Earth.

Even solar power, widely considered the most environmentally-friendly energy source, has some negative impact on the environment.

You can't have civilization without having some impact on the environment. You just have to calculate how much of an impact the environment can sustain.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

Re: The Revolution [Re: silversoul7]
    #2368810 - 02/22/04 05:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

just out of curiosity, whats wrong with being a hunter gatherer?

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

Anonymous

#2368813 - 02/22/04 05:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1. Defend and uphold the universal rights of free will, free thought, and free choice.
2. Point out, uncover, and expose acts that are against free will
5. Take back our rights as sovereign humans, we must reclaim our power

Now this isn't a perfect set of guidelines.. but it is a good start. Basically I want to be able to exist as a sovereign human with free will. My mission statement is the wiccan rede - and if it harms none, do as ye will.

sounds a lot like what the founders of this nation set out to do 240 years ago.

:thumbup:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Revolution [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2368859 - 02/22/04 05:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hevvy_psi said:

Nothing. It would just take a lot of getting used to.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2368883 - 02/22/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe we should start with this country before we take over the whole world???

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2368898 - 02/22/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There would be no one ruler. Let's say representatives from each country... representatives shall be in the amount of the average salary of Earth and are subject to all laws of Earth without special privileges. Representatives shall only consider the welfare of the common citizen, and should their services stray from the common good, they may be elected out of office at any time by the citizens.

Corruption can be avoided. The system just has to be in place so that it works properly.

Who is to interpret what "the essence of nature" is?

the essence of nature is everything natural. and no I am not proposing we go back to a hunter/gatherer society, that is impossible unless we destroy ourselves and all technology. I am proposing that we begin to utilize and create technology to flow in harmony with nature rather than against it. We need to learn how to work with the Earth, as it is, we are raping it, and that wont fly.

You can't have civilization without having some impact on the environment. You just have to calculate how much of an impact the environment can sustain.

What you mean mining resources? There will always be that, I'm focused mainly on the trillions of gallons of oil that are being sucked out of the Earth and burned into the atmosphere. We create technologies that produce free energy, and do no harm.. metals can be re-used..there is already enough shit dug out of the earth, we need better recycling technology. New materials will be developed also.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: The Revolution [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2368901 - 02/22/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

try it sometime.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Revolution [Re: ]
    #2368933 - 02/22/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

alright then... I call to order a preliminary meeting to occur monday feb 23 at 11pm EST..in Shroomery IRC #revolution

--------------------

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

Re: The Revolution [Re: ]
    #2368943 - 02/22/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i'm contemplating it.

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2368945 - 02/22/04 06:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

how do i go about getting there...?

--------------------
seeps out from the core
i'm curled on the floor

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order