Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinefreightmare
A. Muscaria Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Am I a sociopath?
    #23676661 - 09/25/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Follow up on my post "Should i see a psychiatrist?"

First off I get pleasure in stealing stuff for stores. Small items, mostly anything i can fit up my sleeves or in my pockets. I would never steal from a friend, but I have no remorse or regrets toward or even feelings when stealing from walmart. My friend said I need help after I shit on this dudes car. I had to take a shit and i saw a nice car, don't know exactly what it was, but I had to take a dump so a went over and shit on the floor scraped it up and smeared it all over his windshield. I thought this was amusing and my friend told me I needed help. Anyway I often have thoughts of killing people that anger me, and these thoughts spark no emotion except motivation and a sick drive. I always carry weapons on me, knives, knuckles and occasionally a karambit concealed as a necklace. if someone got in my face I would probably slash their face open. Should I get help?

--------------------
Under the sun, the bastard son will pop the Glock to feed himself and family

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA
Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: freightmare] * 2
    #23676689 - 09/25/16 12:48 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Not only are you a sociopath, but you are a pretty dumb one too.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: Eminence]
    #23677552 - 09/25/16 06:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'm trying to think of a way to troll the troller but nothing's coming up. You win, OP.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: freightmare] * 1
    #23677560 - 09/25/16 06:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

The best kind of sociopath is one who can be honest about it.

I assume the kind of help you would get would be to accept and get used to the idea of who you are as well as how to become aware of your behaviors and remain responsible for them.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#23677574 - 09/25/16 06:24 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

freightmare said:
Should I get help?

Why yes, yes you should get help, and probably soon.

You don't want to lash out at someone, and do something where you will be incarcerated for a long period of time, get the help you need before things get out of hand.

--------------------
©️

Offlinesecondorder
Amanda Hug'n'kiss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: freightmare] * 2
    #23678054 - 09/25/16 09:15 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

The very fact that you care about the opinion of others (as made apparent by you starting this thread), proves that you are not a sociopath. Sociopaths are people who lack any connection between their own values and feelings of well-being, and the values and feelings of well-being of others.

The fact that you would even potentially seek help as a result of others believing that you should, suggests that you harbor some ability to share the values of others. You've disproved your own concern (of being a sociopath) in the very process of expressing said concern.

Edited by secondorder (09/28/16 08:00 AM)

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: secondorder]
    #23678068 - 09/25/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I guess that's true, there's a fine line between being a total asshole and a sociopath though. OP is apparently just a giant douche :lol:

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: freightmare]
    #23682114 - 09/27/16 03:41 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think you are a sociopath. Just a frustrated person. It's impossible to say but your issues could ease considerably over some years, kind of like most people. Thinking of killing people is common, if you don't actually do it. Young Klepto stuff is common, but I recommend you stop doing it before you get  caught. Shitting on cars is beyond my range of knowledge, but if you stop doing that,  again, I don't think you're a sociopath.
    If you keep this shit up you could  wind up in jail or prison, but you could easily straighten out. You might need some counseling, but I am not seeing psychosis in your description,

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #23682297 - 09/27/16 06:44 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

We're all sociopaths, mate, some of us are just better at hiding it than others.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #23683831 - 09/27/16 05:02 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You should stop wasting people's time who respond to you. I just wasted some with this. Your words remind me of the middle school kids I used to see as a counselor, so you can't be too much older than that. If you actually ARE out of high school, you have other significant problems to be concerned about besides Antisocial Personality Disorder. Except for the occasional rapper misusing the word, actual sociopaths don't brag to the public about being mentally ill. However, there is a certain histrionic, attention-seeking syndrome that can characterize internet trolls.

Sometimes there are sub-clinical narcissistic personality aspects as well as histrionic traits. Whatever you're doing here isn't really a serious concern or a serious self-inquiry because diagnoses can't be made on-line even by a mental health professional (let alone by lay people). So you're essentially just being obnoxious by writing outrageous things to get a rise out of people - exactly the definition of an internet troll*.

If you actually ARE doing disgusting and criminal behaviors, you might eventually be diagnosed as a mental incompetent which doesn't sound as cool to the adolescent mind as psychopath does.  It might not be accurate either, but you'll still go through life with a paper trail that doesn't say you're a badass, just stupid and disgusting. :lol: That'll happen if you get arrested and you're evaluated by some low-paid jailhouse psychologist. [S]He is not going to diagnose you with Antisocial Personality Disorder (sociopath/psychopath) for the kind of things you write about, but something way more embarrassing will remain in your rap-sheet for the rest of your life. :rofl2: I don't know if you've actually taken a shit or are just full of shit, but in either case you need to clean up your act. :yesnod: My .02¢. You asked.

*"noun: troll; plural noun: trolls
a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting.
informal"

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #23683880 - 09/27/16 05:23 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Histrionic : too emotional or dramatic

Offlinefreightmare
A. Muscaria Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #23684020 - 09/27/16 06:09 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I talked to a psychiatrist at the Center For Mental Health today, and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Yesterday I started hearing voices again (I usually hear voices when Im on something, but don't think much about it) I got prescribed aripiprazole 5 MG as a starting dose, and i have to check back there again on monday at 11:00. I was diagnosed because of my frequent stuttering, auditory hallucinations, and because of my delusions that I'm a sociopath. The thing is I can't drink alcohol now, or smoke weed or, well, anything basically. The psychiatrist told me that my native american heritage puts me at risk for substance abuse, and we checked my family records and found out that my grandmother nahna was a paranoid schizophrenic that had been in and out of psychiatric wards. I now have to participate in group therepy and have to go to a facility for a week, called hilltop adolescent treatment unit. They say I need to come up with a treatment plan, and  have to participate in anger management. My parents took away ALL my knives, and my brass knuckles, and I had to talk to a crisis team, because of my homicidal delusions. Anyway thanks for the help, I see all of you in two weeks after this shit show goes down.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#23684173 - 09/27/16 06:48 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

>The psychiatrist told me that my native american heritage puts me at risk for substance abuse

Your psychiatrist is a racist. You should bring this up with human protective services.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: Hobozen]
    #23684212 - 09/27/16 07:03 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

You're joking right?

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#23684218 - 09/27/16 07:05 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:
>The psychiatrist told me that my native american heritage puts me at risk for substance abuse

Your psychiatrist is a racist. You should bring this up with human protective services.

No really, Indians are more susceptible genetically to addiction than many other races.  They have awful problems with alcoholism on many reservations, and unfortunately Indians are more susceptible to diabetes as well.  It's legit.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#23684478 - 09/27/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear the schizophrenia diagnosis, but that does not mean you're a sociopath (have Antisocial Personality Disorder). It may be a provisional diagnosis if they prescribed an atypical anti-psychotic like Aripiprazole. That is a medication that one should not be kept on for very long periods of time because of its neurological side-effects like Tardive Dyskinesia. Auditory hallucinations are symptomatic of schizophrenia, as are delusions (not sociopathy). I treat stuttering with hypnotherapy, and that is something that is not connected to your recent diagnosis. In my experience and training, stuttering often is the result of childhood trauma - (not being allowed to cry or talk, or being forced to talk). Perhaps most disturbing are 'command hallucinations' which are auditory hallucinations, voices, that command you to do violence to yourself or others. So, you are much better off NOT carrying concealed OR open weapons, especially given the way cops are killing even unarmed people - especially people on medication!

People take drugs either to self-medicate their pain, or for novelty, or to explore the mind. You are in a unique position to experience the novelty of your condition, although I'm sure it's not necessarily pleasant a good deal of the time. You are still able to arrive at insights about the nature of mind. Your response here was lucid, with no bullshit, so IF you are able to keep a journal of thoughts, feelings, voices, visions, and delusions, you will be less likely to ACT on delusional thoughts (and getting arrested, hurt by cops, hospitalized or jailed). I hope you remain lucid throughout your upcoming therapy regime, and consider creating a journal of your journey for yourself and others who want to understand your trip.  :peace:

--------------------

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#23684506 - 09/27/16 08:40 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

freightmare said:
I talked to a psychiatrist at the Center For Mental Health today, and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Yesterday I started hearing voices again (I usually hear voices when Im on something, but don't think much about it) I got prescribed aripiprazole 5 MG as a starting dose, and i have to check back there again on monday at 11:00. I was diagnosed because of my frequent stuttering, auditory hallucinations, and because of my delusions that I'm a sociopath. The thing is I can't drink alcohol now, or smoke weed or, well, anything basically. The psychiatrist told me that my native american heritage puts me at risk for substance abuse, and we checked my family records and found out that my grandmother nahna was a paranoid schizophrenic that had been in and out of psychiatric wards. I now have to participate in group therepy and have to go to a facility for a week, called hilltop adolescent treatment unit. They say I need to come up with a treatment plan, and  have to participate in anger management. My parents took away ALL my knives, and my brass knuckles, and I had to talk to a crisis team, because of my homicidal delusions. Anyway thanks for the help, I see all of you in two weeks after this shit show goes down.

Bro, this sounds like what happened to me when I was a teenager. Best of luck - I've managed to get to 35 without killing anyone.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: Eminence]
    #23684523 - 09/27/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
You're joking right?

Yes... op is obviously joking so I'm just playing along :drunkdriver:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#23684524 - 09/27/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:

No, the psychiatrist is not necessarily a racist, he is correct statistically speaking. There are in fact a genetic predisposition to substance abuse among certain cultural groups, BUT it has not been unequivocally proven among Native Americans. Statistically, the rates for alcoholism among Native Americans is six times higher than the general American population. There are higher incidences among some cultural groups (with correspondingly different genetic markers for addiction) than others. This has been observed since long before DNA was known, but attributed to other factors (like moral depravity, which was clearly wrong), mostly cultural. But culture and ethnicity are not causal, genetics are.

"What researchers have found is that alcohol is broken down and eliminated differently in Native Americans than in other populations. So far, studies have found a variant of the ALDH1 enzyme that is encoded by the ALDH1A1*2 allele and a variant of the ADH1B enzyme that is encoded by the ADH1B*3 allele. However, the genes that have been identified in Native Americans are associated with a protective effect and do not explain the high rates of alcoholism in the tribes investigated." - http://alcohol.addictionblog.org/is-native-american-alcoholism-genetic/

--------------------

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#23684549 - 09/27/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So, Markos logic: if I feel solidarity with another white person then I'm a bigoted piece of scum because there's no such thing as race and I'm literally the next Hitler.

But if a psychiatrist says that someone has a racial disposition to alcoholism then race is totally real and genes have a significant impact on behaviour and we can talk about it freely and sensibly.

Total hypocrisy. No wonder no-one here takes you seriously.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

#23684593 - 09/27/16 09:07 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:
Quote:

Eminence said:
You're joking right?

Yes... op is obviously joking so I'm just playing along :drunkdriver:

My bad, hard to tell these days :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinefreightmare
A. Muscaria Expert
Male User Gallery

#23685889 - 09/28/16 09:15 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Still think Im full of shit?

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#23686466 - 09/28/16 12:33 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:barbershreds: Nope.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: viktor]
    #23686938 - 09/28/16 02:24 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

LOTS of people take me seriously here, and a lot more people take me even more seriously in my practice and pay me accordingly. You take me seriously also, but your hostility towards my words lies in your comparison of the quality of my words with your's. I don't name-call like a child looking for a fight. Your choice of language indicates the unpleasant emotional state you are in. You're failed attempts to insult me simply reveal what an angry and unhappy soul you are. Every nasty invective reminds Shroomery readers of this.

As to the correlational studies with certain alleles that may predominate in certain cultural gene pools, look it up. There are autosomal recessive physical illnesses like Sickle Cell Anemia among African Americans, Tay-Sachs Disease among Ashkenazi Jews, and Cystic Fibrosis among Caucasian peoples, for example. With regard to addiction, 50% of Asians typically lack the enzyme Lactase, and they cannot systemically tolerate dairy products. Lack of Lactase also causes significant negative side effects when imbibing alcohol. Native American peoples and Alaskan Natives metabolize alcohol differently than other groups, which is one reason why their populations are five times more likely to die from alcohol-related causes. Here is a link from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, since you're too busy with diarrhea of the mouth to do any intelligent research yourself. No racism or hypocrisy here. :shrug: http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh301/3-4.htm

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #23688217 - 09/28/16 07:54 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
LOTS of people take me seriously here, and a lot more people take me even more seriously in my practice and pay me accordingly. You take me seriously also, but your hostility towards my words lies in your comparison of the quality of my words with your's. I don't name-call like a child looking for a fight. Your choice of language indicates the unpleasant emotional state you are in. You're failed attempts to insult me simply reveal what an angry and unhappy soul you are. Every nasty invective reminds Shroomery readers of this.

As to the correlational studies with certain alleles that may predominate in certain cultural gene pools, look it up. There are autosomal recessive physical illnesses like Sickle Cell Anemia among African Americans, Tay-Sachs Disease among Ashkenazi Jews, and Cystic Fibrosis among Caucasian peoples, for example. With regard to addiction, 50% of Asians typically lack the enzyme Lactase, and they cannot systemically tolerate dairy products. Lack of Lactase also causes significant negative side effects when imbibing alcohol. Native American peoples and Alaskan Natives metabolize alcohol differently than other groups, which is one reason why their populations are five times more likely to die from alcohol-related causes. Here is a link from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, since you're too busy with diarrhea of the mouth to do any intelligent research yourself. No racism or hypocrisy here. :shrug: http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh301/3-4.htm

Milk.  It does a body good.  Just like four dairy groups was way too much who really needed four grain group in a day?  The wheat farmers, right?  I know, sounds a bit cheesy...

Markos, IMO you have taken too seriously the mainstream diagnosis, with some remaining possibilities given your history.  I still have some hope for some magic from you, but seriously you have been brainwashed by the system and I can no longer hold out that much hope for you to come clean.  I do however read your posts always with at least some hope and wouldn't think it was some kind of conspiracy theory to sell drugs to an unknowing public by a pharm industry gone wild, well actually I pretty much do but as to you would hold you to a higher standard in that regard.  I think you have other alternatives that most pharm driven docs wouldn't.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#23688292 - 09/28/16 08:13 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

freightmare said:

Still think Im full of shit?

Given your OP, I'm thinking no.  Is that a big pile of shit next to your pharm drug?  Then yes, you aren't as full of shit as before, but really that shit doesn't look all that good so maybe your shit needs something more, not all shit is created equally and yours may be lacking even though it looks like hay mixed in.  Are you part ruminant?

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #23688296 - 09/28/16 08:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

>I think you have other alternatives that most pharm driven docs wouldn't.

Still part of the conspiracy anyway but who gives about that drivel.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#23688303 - 09/28/16 08:18 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:
>I think you have other alternatives that most pharm driven docs wouldn't.

Still part of the conspiracy anyway but who gives about that drivel.

Who gives what?  Lighten up on Markos, he's important to us.  Who made you the psych dude on here? Learn to make complete sentences, maybe then we can take you seriously.  Until then, no.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#23688336 - 09/28/16 08:26 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I lilke Markos, I don't not read his.posts with glee at times. I'm tough on Markos but it's tough love...

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#23688376 - 09/28/16 08:39 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:
I lilke Markos, I don't not read his.posts with glee at times. I'm tough on Markos but it's tough love...

I suspect you were in the Glee Club in High School.  Your teacher was tough on you, leaving you red ruff and sore, a tough love from the chafing...

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#23688381 - 09/28/16 08:42 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I was tough on, but not by my teacher...

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#23688393 - 09/28/16 08:44 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:
I was tough on, but not by my teacher...

I rubbed myself red rough and sore a few times...

--------------------

Offlinefreightmare
A. Muscaria Expert
Male User Gallery

#23688660 - 09/28/16 10:00 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

xD that an amanita muscaria cap

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #23690452 - 09/29/16 12:39 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you about cow's milk and wheat products completely. Lots of people have gluten intolerance. My brother and my BFF had celiac disease as children. Drugs are advertised in such a way as they seem desirable! Advertising has gone mad.

I have not been "brainwashed by the system." I do not apply clinical labels in my practice, for example. It is unnecessary for the most part since I am not beholden to insurance companies for my fee. Insurance reimbursements depend upon 'acceptable' diagnoses, so people get labelled, and labelling causes harm to the one labelled. Your problem as I see it is that you present immediately with suspiciousness, not simply critical thinking. One suspends judgement until sufficient data has been considered. Then one takes a stance, clinical or otherwise. Stances are always provisional, with new stances replacing old ones. People did chemistry with the Rutherford model of the atom. The Bohr model replaced Rutherford's. Today, the atomic model includes Heisenberg's contribution as well as many others, and a whole litany of sub-atomic particles that were unknown in 1945, YET an atomic bomb was able to be created, and shortly thereafter a thermonuclear device. As knowledge is increased in my field, my position towards things will change to accommodate that knowledge. In the meantime, I seem to be alleviating suffering with the knowledge that I do employ. Frankly, with you personal approbations and doubts aside, I really don't know what precisely you are objecting to. YOU have hope for me?! Wow, that's big of you. I hope I can rise to your standards. :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#23691373 - 09/29/16 05:49 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I agree with you about cow's milk and wheat products completely. Lots of people have gluten intolerance. My brother and my BFF had celiac disease as children. Drugs are advertised in such a way as they seem desirable! Advertising has gone mad.

I have not been "brainwashed by the system." I do not apply clinical labels in my practice, for example. It is unnecessary for the most part since I am not beholden to insurance companies for my fee. Insurance reimbursements depend upon 'acceptable' diagnoses, so people get labelled, and labelling causes harm to the one labelled. Your problem as I see it is that you present immediately with suspiciousness, not simply critical thinking. One suspends judgement until sufficient data has been considered. Then one takes a stance, clinical or otherwise. Stances are always provisional, with new stances replacing old ones. People did chemistry with the Rutherford model of the atom. The Bohr model replaced Rutherford's. Today, the atomic model includes Heisenberg's contribution as well as many others, and a whole litany of sub-atomic particles that were unknown in 1945, YET an atomic bomb was able to be created, and shortly thereafter a thermonuclear device. As knowledge is increased in my field, my position towards things will change to accommodate that knowledge. In the meantime, I seem to be alleviating suffering with the knowledge that I do employ. Frankly, with you personal approbations and doubts aside, I really don't know what precisely you are objecting to. YOU have hope for me?! Wow, that's big of you. I hope I can rise to your standards. :smirk:

"Stances are always provisional."  I agree completely, and yet you go on to doubt my suspicions.  Of course a "good" scientist for lack of a better word always questions the latest theory.  Thanks for going on to point that out with the progress in atomic theory.

--------------------

OnlineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

#23694599 - 09/30/16 04:51 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Whenever people ask a question:

Am I this or that..usually they always are what they ask about..

Like do I have a form of autism..?

Or do I need to see a psychiatrist?

Or should I do some drugs,, or go out with the boys,..

Almost always is the answer to the question: YES!!

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #23694790 - 09/30/16 05:52 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

lol that is not true.

asking for a clinical diagnosis (which ppl are terrible at doing for themselves) and asking whether you should go drinking are totally different things

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#23695504 - 09/30/16 09:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hobozen said:

You MUST be "Drunk" like your mood says son. :drunk:  Double negatives AND you think you're my coach. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinesecondorder
Amanda Hug'n'kiss
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 2
    #23696174 - 10/01/16 02:26 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Its not that nobody takes you seriously Markos, just that nobody takes you as seriously as you do. Every post of yours I've ever read has an intellectually dishonest and condescending air to it. Why is it that you can't simply make an effort to communicate with people as effectively and respectfully as you can? Rather than making it seem, with each of your posts, that you're willing to make the noble sacrifice of emerging from your island of sacrosanct esoteric literature to kindly guide us poor confused shroomery folk into your incandescent light of understanding.

Just be real. Be genuine. Stop putting on a facade, of any kind, and make a concerted effort to actually connect and communicate with people.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#23696955 - 10/01/16 11:37 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I can agree with your first sentence as I am a serious person, particularly in a role as educator - one that you are unaccustomed to or you'd recognize it as such. Now THAT is condescending! :lol:  The rest of your post is opinionated crap and skewed to whatever resentment you harbor towards my knowledge base (not me, you don't know me) plus your own insecurity. Besides the aforementioned statement, I typically do not write or communicate in a condescending manner. You are confusing condescension with an air of authority which I have by virtue of life experience and education (which is why you wrote "confused shroomery folk," as you can only be speaking for yourself). You, on the other hand, must feel insecure if not intimidated by my language. Your sarcasm is a defense, and your evaluation of me as presenting an inauthentic persona is distorted and erroneous. That is your projection, possibly because I use too many ten-gallon words for your liking.  As for respect, I treat everyone with respect except, notably, those who espouse hate or promulgate harm to innocents.

Lastly, I did not request your unsolicited opinion, hostile as it is, and nobody elected you to speak for anyone else but your own "confused" self. I have hundreds of PM communications that clearly nullify your negative stance. Perhaps your folks never taught you that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. It is illogical to think that your bit of nastiness is anything more than you venting your emotion-laden opinion. It is certainly not constructive criticism, else you would be expressing yourself to me in a PM, not showing off with a sad attempt at insult me publicly. Your words have only revealed pettiness and poor judge of character on your part.  :bye:

--------------------

Offlinesecondorder
Amanda Hug'n'kiss
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I a sociopath? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 3
    #23699082 - 10/02/16 02:48 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

(not me, you don't know me)

But you know me? Enough to allow for a detailed character analysis apparently...

To tell me that I feel insecure or intimidated by your language is A. To thoroughly misunderstand my message to you and B. To display the exact kind of condescension that I'm referring to. To think that you've attained a position that allows you the "authority" to categorize and evaluate others on a personal level, yet dismiss any possibility that you might have something to learn from another (who is trying to express to you, sincerely, his concern about how you come across to others), is to harbor a very distasteful kind of arrogance.

My post wasn't for purposes of 'nastiness', but rather to try to point out: "Hey, guy, this is how you appear to many of us, try to display some humility, because otherwise, you are uncomfortable to talk to". Isn't this information that you want? Do you not desire to have better, more constructive conversations with people? If you can't see how this could be constructive, and maintain that I am 'confused', 'insecure', 'hostile', 'intimidated', and practicing 'nastiness' then there is really nowhere for this conversation to go.

A 5 minute sanity check for my position that your tone comes across as condescending, yields the revelation that I'm not the first person to see you in this light. In my short time on the Shroomery, I've seen multiple posters address you with more or less the exact same point. Does that mean nothing to you? Is it all just 'opinionated crap'?

Whether or not you're actually being genuine I have no clue, you're right. I don't know you. I can only speak for myself: I really, honestly don't like talking to you, because you seem closed minded, and tend to talk down to people.

Maybe you're not being insincere, and your natural tone is one of "My life experiences and education render me as an intellectual phenom. I'll make my point, and if anyone disagrees with me then I'll remind them, implicitly or directly, of my superior authority".

Maybe I'm just a confused nut job who is projecting all of my insecurities onto you.

Maybe you're actually a genius, and extremely few people on these boards understand your posts.

Maybe you're acting extremely disingenuously, and literally everything you post is a representation of your own insecurities projected onto the world; That you're just desperately attempting to convince yourself that you actually know what's going on, when deep down you know that nobody does.

Maybe you're trolling everyone and just trying to get a rise out of people like me.

Or maybe you're kind of smart, pretty well read, semi-well-intentioned, yet have a sizable ego, and who's in denial, because you don't want to believe there are people out there who don't share your opinion of yourself.

I'm sure you come across well to some people, I'm sure you've helped some people. I speak, as you rightly say, only for myself. Just as you speak only for yourself.

Please don't read more into what I'm saying that what I've said. How else can two people manage to make any progress than by expressing themselves openly and honestly to one another. I'm not trying to 'show off', I'm not trying to 'insult you publicly', I'm just trying to be real with you. If you're going to take anything from this; its that you may benefit from showing some sensitivity, vulnerability and humility.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#23708803 - 10/05/16 02:34 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not a genius in my estimation, neither can I determine if you're a nut-job from here, nor am I interested in doing so. There are those people who only regard authority based on education and experience as 'ego.' That is unfortunate for them because that is all they see, they don't look at content. You don't have to like my posts, they're obviously not for everyone. But I write the way I write. I have received sufficient feedback from people who have been helped by certain posts over the last 17 years to be encouraged and not discouraged by commenters like yourself.  Naturally, people with your perspective will gravitate towards one another and be in agreement. You and your's are not yardstick for normalcy. Everyone has an ego, and most people stand by their own appraisal of things. That does not make it hubris. Humility is not timidity either, or the tendency to acquiesce to the opinions of others, but I whereas I will take constructive criticism, it rings differently from criticism from lesser motives. You want to make yourself a spokesperson for others of like mind? Knock yourself out. Those individuals with whom you feel solidarity with are clearly on a different page than I am. Let me suggest that you (and they) simply add me to your Ignore list. :yesnod: :bye:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale