Home | Community | Message Board

Maine Cap N Stem
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Swami]
    #2379504 - 02/26/04 09:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Even people against the War on Drugs have their own mini-war on drugs. Some will do some substances while condemning others.

Aint that the truth. Although i must say I dont enjoy hanging around the typical coke or heroin addict as much as I enjoy hanging out with potheads and trippers. But i think its just the people who are fucked up, not the substance itself.

I've had spiritual experiences on both meth and opiates. I'm not addicted to these substances either. They certainly didnt kill me or turn me into a worthless bum. I dont understand why this happens to a lot of people with these substances. Based on my, er, intense study of them, they don't really cause these things, they just open up the door and a lot of people fall through it because they don't know what they are doing.

But yeah, I have a lot of friends that just flat out say: "No coke, no meth, no narcotics..."

I'm like: "dude, don't blame such wonderful drugs for the ineptitude of people. "

Oh, yeah, and fuck natual hallucinogens when compared to synthetics like LSD and MDMA. I'm not afraid to admit that i like the synthetics better.

Oh, yeah, and tobacco is great for thinking and relaxation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2379680 - 02/26/04 09:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Oh, yeah, and tobacco is great for thinking and relaxation.

Relaxation I can dig, but thinking? I don't see where you're coming from, help me out here, will ya?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2379722 - 02/26/04 10:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ped had a good point.

IMO, I think any chemical (via alcohol, herb, psychadelic etc) has potential for spiritual contemplation simply because they alter conciousness. Like some mentioned before, some drugs are more introspective than others.

Oh, and I prefer refined nature (AKA artificial) too as opposed to natural sources (i.e. 2C-I vs. shrooms). Many people are afraid of what they don't understand regarding "artificial" psychadelics and assume shrooms are friendlier because they come "directly from nature." Eh...no.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2379726 - 02/26/04 10:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well, I personally think it aids in reflection, but I dont have any evidence to back that shit up other than my own personal experience

OfflineSalviaD
Rasta
Loc: Portsmouth, VA
    #2379863 - 02/26/04 10:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would have to agree that it isn't the drug that itself that is bad but more so the reasons for it being done, because like others said there are drugs that some people take for enlightenment while others take for purely entertainment. But for whatever reason people do the drug, IMO, for it to truly become a problem it would have to be a result of having poor priorities. If you do not set priorities for yourself then from what I've seen it doesn't matter what drug you are using even if it is just pot can become a serious problem, but again only if you let it. I see absolutely no problems in doing drugs either as long as "getting high" doesn't become a higher priority than getting a good education, making something of yourself, etc.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: SalviaD]
    #2379974 - 02/26/04 11:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Money, education, job, responsibility? You would have never made a "good" hippie.  :nut:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSalviaD
Rasta
Loc: Portsmouth, VA
    #2383799 - 02/28/04 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

lol no I wasn't living for quite some time after that, but I was just trying to say that you can't let whatever drug you use completely take over your life because i've had good friends of mine that started doing so then getting to the point where they were like fuck everything but getting high and all ended up dropping out of High School to work just enough to support their habit of getting high then realized that the working part was really just wasting valuable time of getting high(even though they went to worked high)and then ended up sitting home all day getting fucked up, and then once that money ran out a few of my really good friends who i used to chill with like every day either got depressed when they could no longer support their habbits and had to just sit home until everybody else got out of school, or resort to doing criminal things to support their habbits, or a combination of both. I just see no point in doing any of those. I get high pretty much every day but i take care of business first. peace.....

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2383838 - 02/28/04 12:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
But yeah, I have a lot of friends that just flat out say: "No coke, no meth, no narcotics..." 

Cocaine can tend to be very powerful and it can be used for a LOT of good. I'll do coke every once and awhile. I severely limit myself from doing it, however. The focus it brings is amazing. Playing guitar on it is just totally beyond... I love to do a few lines, pick up the bass, take a few hours to really find out what I am capable of and catch a glimpse of the next level.

I consider myself a strong person.. I know that if I wasn't it would consume me and I would get lost in addiction. I don't think I would try like say heroin.. it would probably destroy me.  :eek:

I mean, you have your mind and you have your body and you have these different experiences and inputs that effect both. The more you know yourself and are willing to make the best choices for yourself, then there isn't a problem.

Hell, how many of you think that Dan Rather developed an addiction to heroin after trying it? He claims to know a fair amount about LSD... do you think he's addicted to smack? Huh?  :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom