Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs * 1
    #2367492 - 02/22/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Even people against the War on Drugs have their own mini-war on drugs. Some will do some substances while condemning others. ALL are foreign chemicals designed to tweak your body and mind.

Ayahuasca is sacred (unless done without a shaman or ceremony and in the city).

Mushrooms (psilocybin) are enlightening.

Mushrooms (amanitas) are terrifying.

Peyote is holy medicine. San Pedro is cool, but not as holy.

LSD is artificial unlike the natural HBWR.

Datura is satanic.

Heroin and meth are death.

Marijuana is sacramental; tobacco is poison.

Alcohol is... and so on.

There is no inherent good or evil in any of these. All are tools that can be used positively or negatively. Judgement abounds within the culture as much as without.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Swami]
    #2367495 - 02/22/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

indeed. so we must promote the sacredness of free will, and that people can put whatever they want into their bodies, but we would encourage them to do some research before they did so, to get an idea of what they might be getting themselves into.

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2367496 - 02/22/04 01:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

are amanitas terrifying? i would like to experience them...elaborate please.

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2367499 - 02/22/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> There is no inherent good or evil in any of these.

I would extend the line of reasoning to say there is no inherent good or evil in anything. The concept of good and evil is man made based upon our observations of a dualistic reality.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Seuss]
    #2367514 - 02/22/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would extend the line of reasoning to say there is no inherent good or evil in anything

Do you see this as a good thing?

--------------------

Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

#2367540 - 02/22/04 01:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

no. it is seen as simply what is.

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2367562 - 02/22/04 01:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> Do you see this as a good thing?

Not at all... simply the way it way. Good and evil are simply labels that we have created to help categorize the hectic mess that we make of life.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2367625 - 02/22/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

We believe that which brings us happiness to be good, that which brings us suffering to be evil. There is not a mistake in this view. If we abandon this view, we shall careen out of control. The mistakes are in assuming our individual understanding of good and evil to be an objective one, and in attempting to impose that understanding upon others.

In general, we can all agree that the use of heroin tends to result in much more harm than the use of mushrooms. In the same way, we can all agree that the use of tobacco tends to result in much more harm than the use of marijuana. While it is faulty to assume inherent evil or inherent good in these things, it is correct and helpful for us to lend favour to some, and disfavour to the others. It is not an unbalanced view until we begin to frown on those who do not share this view.

We perceive such glaring flaws in the drug war because it is quite clear to us that the views which prompted the drug war are extremely unbalanced. Without any investigation, lawmakers have categorized LSD with cocaine, mushrooms with methamphetamine, and so on and so forth. These unfounded conclusions are then thrust upon us, the ordinary citizen, and we are left with the looming threat of penalization for actions which are well within our consitutional rights.

However, we should not be considered hypocrites until we begin thrusting our own ideal view of drug legislation upon others in exactly the same way.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Ped]
    #2367645 - 02/22/04 01:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ped I would be honored to have you on the revolution team if you are willing

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Shroomism]
    #2367655 - 02/22/04 01:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, I was just reading a reply of his in another thread and thought the same thing. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleshriek

#2371027 - 02/23/04 09:54 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms (amanitas) are terrifying.

no there is nothing terrifying with amantias

Quote:

Datura is satanic.

satanic?? how do you figure? , just other spirits perhaps, should be handlet with care-

only thing is that they both should be handlet with some care, specially the last one :smile:

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2371064 - 02/23/04 10:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here's some examples of drugs I will never do, or never do again.

Alcohol
PCP
Heroin
Coke
Glue sniffing
DXM

What gets me is why people do these things, and the purposes they use them for.

I believe mushrooms (and a few others you mentioned) are a spiritual tool for bringing meaning to my every day lives, even when we are sober. The enlightenment lasts forever.

Its funny though, during my early teenage years, I spent most of my time drinking. I'd kill an entire fifth of liquor, barf all over the place, almost die every night from alcohol poisoning, and swear I'd never do it again until the next night. I thought I was so cool. I had balls on alcohol. It thought it was hillarious knocking things over and doing absolutely retarded shit and staggering all over the place like an absolute idiot. I had a lot of fun but I wish I hadn't went so far with drinking. I wish I had one of those "wasted again" nights on video, just see how stupid I looked. I could probably send it to Bob Saget and win money for stupidest video.

Anyhoo, I can't believe I was so ignorant. I was fighting for something that didn't exist. I didn't really want to escape reality or anything when I first started, but it brought me closer to my alcoholic friends and meant something to me at the time. I can't understand why people, including my self at one time, had such a desire to screw with our brains for such a purpose. Life itself is so beautiful when we are sober. There are better answers, like meditation, for example. I suppose I was a know nothing punk and did too well accepting it. I wish I had spent more time in school learning that playing around.

Alcohol is death. So is drinking anything else that will sterilize a wound and corrode metal. Think about it guys. I'm not sure if its legal, as opposed to say pot, because of some conspiracy to control our intellegence or anything. It maybe the case, but I think the govt wanted us to have a little bit of common sense. I mean, jthere are other things that are legal like eating shit, slamming your head on the table, sniffing glue, etc. It turned into an "american tradition" for some rednecks but they're just playing with themselves. Everyone who drinks like I did, and keeps on going with it, will suffer in the end, when they have 2 brain cells and they are on a hospital bed praying to god someone will donate a liver.

Pot, mushrooms, and peyote were made illegal. I blame our govt for that because of the lies told about them, but it is the general public that determines the legality. Maybe if everyone took their head out of their ass, and voted to reform laws, us entheogen users would have a chance. I really wish people would use their brains more often. My new drug of choice is studying. I get high off of information.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2372213 - 02/23/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Alcohol is death. So is drinking anything else that will sterilize a wound and corrode metal.

Actually, ethyl alcohol (the drinkable stuff) is a rather shitty antiseptic (it's a polar solvent, duh). And I'm pretty sure that it is incapable of oxidizing most metals... otherwise flasks wouldn't ever be made of metal, neither would martini shakers or the aluminum cups in my travelling bar.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Sclorch]
    #2372471 - 02/23/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You have to pardon sclorch. He is a party animal and gets v-e-r-y defensive when his psychotropic of choice is demeaned.  :beer: :beer: :beer:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2373070 - 02/23/04 07:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering why he was beering so much. Or was it...wine-ing?

See, that's funny because whine and wine sound similar. Whining is the act of verbally complaining while wine is an alcoholic drink.

Nobody ever laughs at my jokes, so I am to assume it is because people don't get them. I will explain from now on!!!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Seuss]
    #2373579 - 02/23/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

theres a positive and negative side to the universe, and although the positive side is a lot stronger, the negative side like to disguise itself as being good just to bite you in teh ass.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2373620 - 02/23/04 11:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Alcohol is a very spiritual drug. Christ's first miracle was making an alcoholic beverage. Alcoholic beverages are referred to as 'spirits.' Then there is 'the demon rum.' How many times have we or our friends while under the spiritual influence of alcohol said ,"Oh God, oh my God, please God..." while down on the earth on both knees?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Spiritual vs. Non-Spiritual Drugs [Re: Evolving]
    #2377931 - 02/26/04 03:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
How many times have we or our friends while under the spiritual influence of alcohol said ,"Oh God, oh my God, please God..." while down on the earth on both knees?

I think we were praying to the porcelain god.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2379144 - 02/26/04 12:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I might be guilty of waging a personal war on drugs, though I try not to be.
Ultimately, it's not up to me to decide what anyone else should do with their lives.

I myself refrain from so-called 'drugs' that aren't herbal, because anything produced by humans can include fuckups. The exception to this rule is alcohol, out of convenience for now, though I expect I won't be drinking when I'm forty years of age - 21 now - and perhaps acid some day.

The herbal argument is more of an arbitrary guideline to keep myself in check than a real argument, because there's no real reason to suspect human creation and not nature's, other than personal inclination. I remember saying I'd never drink wine, smoke tobacco, smoke joints, etc, and then proving myself wrong later. My attitude is to taste life to the fullest, but that doesn't have to include every single drug induced rush for me: if I feel there's no added value to a certain habit, I quit it.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2379433 - 02/26/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd agree with the people saying nothing is good or bad, it just is. Of course there are some substances that tend to produce a mind-state more conducive to spiritual contemplation (mushrooms, lsd, mescaline, for example) and some substance that tend to produce a mind-state that is just out for having fun (alcohol, cocaine, for example). But it really depends upon how you take it... I know people who take LSD only to have a fun time, and have a fun time, but don't gain anything spiritual out of it. I'd never say some drugs are good and some are bad... while I personally feel there is no value in a drug like cocaine, it's not my place nor the place of the State to say that a person shouldn't be able to use it... but if their use of it results in them becoming a plauge upon their local community, then their local community should have the right to say that they want nothing to do with cokeheads. As long as we have centralisation, we will have all-encompasing laws. When we get rid of that, then the individual will be left to decide, for themselves, what they want to put into their bodies. I'll keep on shroomin' and dosin' and keep on staying away from coke (been there, done that, gained nothing out of it)...

:gd_icon: Krishna :gd_icon:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology