Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
i'm left. youall can bite me
the goodest thing
    #2367387 - 02/22/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm getting agitated with a contemporary of mine in the math department. This person is deep down a good person, but they have a very big ego, very vain, and can be very mean sometimes. I know many branches of mathematics better than he does, though he brags about his own math skills a lot and thinks overall he is better than I. We have a long history of helping each other learn topics that one has not understood and the other has understood well. An exam is coming up and I promised to write for him some practice problems that are very similar to what'll be on the exam. If I do this for him, he may get a good grade, he may even end up getting a better grade than me just because he learns so well.

I've pretty much decided that I want to end relations with this person but we have a long history together and I respect that.
the options I'm considering are as follows...
1) do a thorough job helping him then tell him to piss off
2) do a thorough job helping him then don't talk to him anymore
3) do a halfass job helping him and don't talk to him anymore
4) ignore my promise and don't talk to him anymore

my heart says that 2 is the goodest thing to do but it also makes me feel like a worm if I don't get even somehow or confront him on being such a prick...
i wonder if doing the good thing usually includes feeling wormy. maybe there is a better option i haven't thought of. thoughts?

youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Folding@home Statistics
Re: the goodest thing [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2367490 - 02/22/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What about telling him why you're not going to write the notes for him? That hes a prick, and you don't feel right helping a prick.

anguish this!

#2367662 - 02/22/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Do a through job and tell him how you feel( big ego, very vain, and can be very mean sometimes). Maybe his friendship with you means alot to him.

Loc: England
Re: the goodest thing [Re: mabus]
    #2369285 - 02/22/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would say #2 but talking to him about the situation would be a decent thing to do.

Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2370506 - 02/23/04 02:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You definately gotta talk to him and that will cure the wormy thing. I think that would do a better job of getting rid of the wormy thing than not helping him. Then, you could decide whether it is worth helping him or not. Though try to talk to him about specific situations and how you interpreted them , rather than make general comments about his character - the confrontation is less likely to be too uncomfortable that way.

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being