Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #23859057 - 11/22/16 11:31 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

photos of the water canons made front page NYT today...

i decided to buy a copy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #23859076 - 11/22/16 11:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: eeso] * 1
    #23860239 - 11/23/16 10:36 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eeso said:
this is not a protest against a pipeline as has been asserted - it's a protest against fossil fuel.

Can you back this up with anything? Sure, people make it about the larger global issue of fossil fuel consumption and global climate change.. thats understandable... but the protest is definitely over the pipeline, otherwise why would it be in North Dakota?

Quote:

How many protesters didn't use oil getting there or for their winter gear?

:facepalm:Really?? Our entire societies are dependent on fossil fuels yet you pick on some environmental activists who may or may not use some hydrocarbons for fuel instead of the massive corporations exploiting our land and our future.

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Tipote]
    #23860281 - 11/23/16 10:53 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Tipote] * 1
    #23860312 - 11/23/16 11:03 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #23860313 - 11/23/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

So she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #23860316 - 11/23/16 11:06 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
So she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

she shouldnt have been at a peaceful demonstration?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#23860328 - 11/23/16 11:09 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

She'd be healthy if she hadn't.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCrumist
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 4
    #23860585 - 11/23/16 01:06 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Ya heard it here first, folks. Shut the fuck up and obey or it's gonna cost your extremities/life

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Crumist] * 1
    #23860693 - 11/23/16 01:33 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I find it impossible to feel bad for protesters who are harmed while blocking roadways, bridges, sidewalks, entrances, etc..

--------------------

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 2
    #23860860 - 11/23/16 02:30 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like you have basic problems with empathy.

these people are staying on the land, demonstrating peacefully, making music and praying. Does that stop you from getting from A to B? Is their existence an inconvenience for you? Their actions do not justify the treatment they have dealt with.

Would you be concerned if a pipeline was going through your area putting your water sources, and the water sources of millions, at risk?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#23860881 - 11/23/16 02:37 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I have plenty of empathy, just not for inconsiderate assholes.

It's not the protesting that's the issue, it's assholes that impede others.

Quote:

The Sunday night clash began after the Standing Rock Sioux and their allies tried to remove barriers authorities had used to block access to Backwater Bridge, the Indigenous Environmental Network’s Dallas Goldtooth told The Associated Press.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/standing-rock-arm-amputation_us_5834853ee4b09b6055ff01ec

How does one 'stay on the land' while trying to remove barriers on the road/bridge?

--------------------

OfflineCrumist
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #23861112 - 11/23/16 03:58 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

They weren't impeding anyone like you said, they were trying to take down barriers. You should be singing their praises.  Anyone seen the pic of the chick's arm? It's pretty gnarly

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: Crumist]
    #23861132 - 11/23/16 04:04 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Trying to take down barriers on the road you said they weren't on? Or even if they were right next to the road... she brought her misery upon herself.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#23861235 - 11/23/16 04:41 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I find it impossible to feel bad for protesters who are harmed while blocking roadways, bridges, sidewalks, entrances, etc..

I'll remind you of that one day when you do.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: sweeper54]
    #23861248 - 11/23/16 04:43 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

You'll be waiting a long, long time.

--------------------

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#23861682 - 11/23/16 07:07 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I a VERY patient person.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica
Re: Dakota pipline protest [Re: sweeper54]
    #23861725 - 11/23/16 07:24 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

If the protestors were peaceful, they wouldn't be harmed in any way.

Local news will always be the most accurate report on what's really happening

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

OfflineTipote
Male User Gallery

#23862993 - 11/24/16 08:55 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I have plenty of empathy, just not for inconsiderate assholes.

It's not the protesting that's the issue, it's assholes that impede others.

Quote:

The Sunday night clash began after the Standing Rock Sioux and their allies tried to remove barriers authorities had used to block access to Backwater Bridge, the Indigenous Environmental Network’s Dallas Goldtooth told The Associated Press.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/standing-rock-arm-amputation_us_5834853ee4b09b6055ff01ec

How does one 'stay on the land' while trying to remove barriers on the road/bridge?

the barriers on the bridge (on tribal land) were put their by authorities to prevent peaceful gathering and it prevented ambulance access while numerous people were suffering all kinds of injuries. :facepalm: A 21 year old may have lost her arm and i'm sure the extra hours she had to wait for treatment made a difference. Were attempts to remove the barrier impeding anyone except solidarity activists???

Who are they inconveniencing? Energy Transfer? Private security? Militarised police? Donald Drumpf?
The authorities are impeding the right to protest, how are you struggling with this?

They are peacefully trying to make their message heard. There is a very legitimate cause here, I noticed you ignored my question about what you would do in their situation?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#23863208 - 11/24/16 10:30 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

In their situation I'd keep my hands off the barriers. Should be no problem for her now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]