Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Freedom Code

Loc: point no point
My near-divorce encounter
    #2365568 - 02/21/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So.. my wife and I have been together for seven years, married for five. We first got together when we were both 17, so you can imagine we've come across some difficult times in our lives. With both of us pursuing our education and careers we've had to go through some rough times and give up some golden opportunities. Basically, we've sacrificed lots of our personal dreams for our common dreams.

This wasn't sitting too well with me about a year ago. My wife wasn't really there for me and I was, I suppose, holding her responsible for all my opportunities the relationship forced me to give up. So, to think it over and get my head together I had an affair for a few weeks. My wife found out, of course, and she wasn't too happy. We'd both put so much into our relationship over the years that my cheating on her really made her wonder why I could throw all that out the window.

I was really unhappy and confused as well. This went on for a few months, both of us still talking, but not as much as usual.. you could feel the distance between us growing. We decided that the best would be to get a divorce, but made an agreement that we would do one last thing as a couple to see if things could work out.

We went to the doctor and got the happy pills.

:pill2: :pill2: :pill: :pill2: :pill: :pill2: :pill2: :pill2:

And you know what? Things have really improved. I really felt that this wasn't quite the right thing to do, but we've been doing really well over the last few months and the future is looking bright. Of course, some people don't agree with these pills, as I'm finding out. But really, a dying relationship was revitalized, so who can say there's something wrong with it??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
Re: My near-divorce encounter [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2365606 - 02/21/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"So, to think it over and get my head together I had an affair for a few weeks."

personally, if i was having marriage problems, that would mess me up more. but hey, whatever works for you

o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology