Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: Inocuole]
    #23670113 - 09/23/16 05:49 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

aight guys , thanks for letting me know , thanks what i tought too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: kamykazi3]
    #23678451 - 09/25/16 11:56 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

temps inside my incubator are at 70farenight, mycelium seems to be growing very slow , how can i speed that process ?
i alredy have an aquarium heater but it seems like its not efective enough. help pleasee :smile:

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #23678681 - 09/26/16 03:45 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

There is no way to speed up colonization unless you like also introducing advantages to the competetive molds and bacteria you're trying to avoid.  This hobby is going to teach you patience one way or another, either by rewarding you for having it, or showing you what happens when you don't.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineCagney
Hanging with my Shroomy's
 User Gallery
    #23678709 - 09/26/16 04:18 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Kamy, I inoculated 12 1/2 pint jars on the 19th of last month. It took five days for me to see any growth. After that I used a dry erase marker to outline each day's growth and documented each day in a journal. At first I thought my jars were to dry, I am a worrier and over think things way too much, but everything was spot on. I had 6 jars ready to go into the fruiting chamber at two weeks. The other six jars were slow moving so I flipped them over and popped them on my palm in order to draw fresh air into the jars. It took another week and a half for those jars to be ready to be birthed. The first six jars were birthed at two weeks, pinned at three weeks, and harvested at weeks four & five. Thought maybe that would be a rough timeline for you but different circumstances will effect times.
    Also when colonizing, I kept them at 72-76 degrees and offered them atleast three hours of light each day in order to keep the mycelium as healthy as I could. Once they were birthed and chambered I kept the temperature the same and brought the humidity up to 90-100%. Then it was fan/mist every 6-8 hours, with a light cycle of 18 hrs. Light, 6 hrs dark. After a few days in the chamber the mycelium grew around the verm, I rolled it in and were bright white and really fuzzy, almost like cotton. At that point I took them out and gave them a heavy 10 second mist about 18 inches above the chamber. I left them on my table receiving indirect sunlight for 5 hours. I repeated this two days in a row in order to help initiate pinning. Within a day or two my cakes were covered in thick healthy pins. At that point I dropped humidity to 80-85% while the temp. Remained constant at 72-76 degrees. Pins were at half maturity starting at the end of the fourth week.
    As some of these guys stated, heat is pretty much your enemy when it comes to bacteria. I will say a few times it got to 82 degrees where my jars were and I saw a significant difference in mycelium growth on those days. But I didn't want to chance it and lose my jars so I would drop the temp as soon as I possibly could.

--------------------

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: Cagney]
    #23678712 - 09/26/16 04:21 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Why are you using an 18/6 light cycle exactly?  12/12 works just as well or better.  All this talk of raising and dropping humidity... just mist when it's dry, that's all you have to do.  Especially in a SGFC where you shouldn't even need to be looking at numbers.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola

OfflineCagney
 User Gallery
    #23678717 - 09/26/16 04:25 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Just sharing for what has worked for me, wasn't trying to upset anybody or ruffle your feathers mate.

--------------------

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you
    #23678770 - 09/26/16 05:01 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Handling the jars that much each day could disturb the dry verm allowing in contams, it happens I accidentally banged a jar last week when pulling out my plates now that jars full of black shit at the verm layer. I look at mine once a week now just to see if I need to bin any and update my journals, the less you can handle them the better.
Also just to add I have literally no temperature or humidity monitors and tbh have no idea what humidity and temps mushrooms even need. I do it all by eye all the electronics give you reason to faff around IMO.

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #23678808 - 09/26/16 05:33 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

seems like the concent is that 70 farenight is a decent temp to grow micelium , i look way too much at my jars :/ first time grower , im always curous on how they are doing eheh

thanks for the reply guys <3 always learning ^^

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you
    #23678820 - 09/26/16 05:42 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

My point is I don't know because I don't need to know if it was that important I wouldn't have managed to grow anything. Common sense tells me if its too cold or too hot (to hot will never happen here) and I'll just move it into a room I feel comfortable in. I'm sure its more important on large scale stuff you don't wanna lose multiple tubs but even then these FCS are all designed for simplicity sticking gauges on and in them seems pointless. Getting everything built to spec and all teks followed correctly is way more important, and learning to spot things by actually looking at your sub's/fruits.

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #23678836 - 09/26/16 05:52 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

The only electronics I use are the lights and the timer they're attached to, which has been on 12/12 for the better part of 2-3 years.  Before that I did it manually because I was still excited enough to check on things every day.

The meters and gadgets and shit are going to train you to fixate on things that are irrelevant to what you want to be paying attention to.  The surface of the mycelium tells you everything you need to know, and unless your hygrometer can measure the exact humidity along the surface of the substrate then it will never be accurate or relevant anyway.  A humid chamber can have a dry substrate in it, and a dry chamber can have a waterlogged one.  What you need to be paying attention to is how long it takes things to evaporate.  Focusing on anything else is going to distract from the patterns you need to be learning to spot.  And if you haven't learned that life is one big game of "spot the pattern!" then eat more mushrooms I guess.

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

#23681746 - 09/26/16 11:36 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Aight guys , two of my jars are close to full colonization now , im gona give it 7/10 more days to consolidate than im moving them into the Fruiting Chamber , cant wait for that *.* also i was wondering, were do i buy rye grain to make transferable grain jars ?

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #23683340 - 09/27/16 02:06 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

just a tip.. focus on this grow before thinking about your next one.
like learn to crawl before you walk style.

grains are way easier than pf but it took a few runs of grains
before i mastered the moisture content part.

nothings worse then cleaning out a clumpy, stinky, bacterial ass
jar of soggy wet nasty grains. i dry heave super easy at gross smells and i was
gagging like gag factor.

InvisibleNumeroEno
I come from the land of lizards
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge Flag
Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: mushboy]
    #23683484 - 09/27/16 03:00 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Bacterial grains is a nasty smell, but I have to say last night I PC'd a few supplemented oak sawdust bags and that stank up my spawn room like I had drank a fifth of whiskey and puked in the trashcan.

--------------------

:gd_icon:  Let it grow! Let it grow! Greatly yield!  :gd_icon:
What shall we say, shall we call it by a name
As well to count the angels dancing on a pin
Water bright as the sky from which it came
And the name is on the earth that takes it in

DOG FOOD AGAR

MY ELECTRIC INOCULATION LOOP

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: NumeroEno] * 1
    #23683496 - 09/27/16 03:04 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

nice..

i pasteurized hpoo in a seafood steamer and didnt clean it.
my dad ate some shitty crab legs that night.

back to OP!
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17897163 - frank is the shit.

also spitballjedi teks are like the easiest things to read.

Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

Re: Kamy's Firt Grow - PF Tek & LC [Re: mushboy]
    #23705771 - 10/04/16 05:36 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Hello again guys , its has been one week since two of my jars reached full colonization , so today i poped them out to do the wash and soak them for 24 hours , but somthing does not look right ... can i save those jars ? the inside looks good but that stuff looks like mould ?

OfflineCagney
 User Gallery
    #23705812 - 10/04/16 06:11 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Is it like a cobweb, or does it look like melted ice? Hard to tell in the picture one picture it looks wet almost like a clear gel?

--------------------

Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

#23705880 - 10/04/16 07:09 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

its like a very very dence cobweb

Offlinekamykazi3
Stranger

#23705882 - 10/04/16 07:09 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

the smell was prety sweet , shroomy smell

OfflineCagney
 User Gallery
    #23706605 - 10/04/16 12:03 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry Kamy fell asleep, if it's like a dense cobweb spray it with some hydrogen peroxide 3%-5%, should cause it to clear right up. I would mist all your cakes with the peroxide, it won't hurt the mycelium.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23706614 - 10/04/16 12:08 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

The thing is... cobweb mold (dactyllium) doesn't look like cobweb at all, and it's certainly not dense.  So... Peroxide will do nothing at all to help unless it is in fact dactylium, which it is not, because I'm looking at it right now.  Do not.. mist your cakes with peroxide, because it is in fact toxic to the mycelium.

It might be some kind of mold, but it doesn't look like cobweb to me at all.  If it was cobweb, then it will have at least tripled in size since the time that photo was taken.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23255387

It's almost like I've had to explain this before..

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract