Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineslipperyPete
entity
Loc: somewhere
Problems Growing in a Basement?
    #5581007 - 05/02/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone have any input to any sterility problems associated with growing in a basement. For example, let's assume it is a basement apartment in a large house. Are there usually more molds in basements even if they are finished? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
read everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Problems Growing in a Basement? [Re: slipperyPete]
    #5581017 - 05/02/06 10:44 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I'm guessing that if its a traditional basement (the way I always think of them) you are going to have a bit more mold, simply because basements normally sit and become stagnant. On top of that, normally most of a building's plumbing is in the basement. However if you use good sterile techniques I don't see you having that muhc of an issue. Keep your stuff sterile and you should be fine. Just take your time!

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems Growing in a Basement? [Re: wiggles]
    #5581037 - 05/02/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

a finished basement doesnt seem to me that it'd pose much more of a threat than any other room in your average home, unless there's already mold problems you're aware of. its a good idea to run a dehumidifier in a basement, especially in summer months, not only for your grow but to keep the air moving, dry, and keep out that musty smell... they're typically inexpensive and something that would be pretty desireable to own anyway. you could take it a step further with an air purifier/hepa/something of the sorts to be on the extra cautious side but i don't see a problem with it either.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems Growing in a Basement? [Re: slipperyPete]
    #5581144 - 05/02/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My grow room is in a finnished basement and I don't have contam problems!~

:smile:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problems Growing in a Basement? [Re: Roadkill]
    #5581268 - 05/02/06 12:09 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

my grow room is in a unfinished basement.

i have taken great lengths to make that room as steril as possible, but as for the rest of the basement. it's a disaster.

big project for me to fix it up. I have had issues of lipstick mold, but i am remedying these problems as we speak.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

OfflineGary Kwana
Stranger
Re: Problems Growing in a Basement? [Re: Roadkill]
    #23643798 - 09/14/16 04:28 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I began using a dehumidifier and it did wonders for mold growth in my basement. My problem was so severe that I had to have a contractor come over and look at my place for a free quote. This is an excellent resource on how to take care of your basement  that helped me a great deal. http://www.citywidegroup.com/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds