Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Trip Report: First Time at the Getty Center
    #2364243 - 02/21/04 05:13 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Yesterday my girlfriend and I decided to check out the Getty Center, as neither of us had yet seen it. I asked her if she'd mind if I took a small dose of mushrooms, and she said thats fine, but didn't take any herself (she hasn't tried them yet). I ate half an 8th on the way over. I felt the first indications of a drug coming on as we got off the freeway, and by the time we had parked and were waiting for the tram, I was coming up, yawning, a little uncomfortable, the whole bit. But extremely excited. YOu board this tram that takes up up the side of a hill, and as we slowly rose above the city, I too rose into psychedelia By the time we got off the tram, I was tripping and feeling GREAT. The Getty Center is simply AWE-INSPRING. I've never seen anything like it. Its situated high above los angeles, in an area from which you can see downtown, the ocean, islands, everything. It was an extremely clear day, as it had rained earlier. There were so many moments that I had to hold back tears of joy. The place is PERFECT for tripping. The design is conducive to wandering around, seeing something awesome in the distance and walking to it. There's no logical flow, no need for maps, no need to "see everything." YOu see a cool garden, you go over there. There's a neat door, lets see whats inside. Our favorite part was walking aroudn outside, looking at the views and architecture and gardens, but the art was pretty amazing as well. I saw a 14th century stained glass of Christ on the cross, and the blood that was coming out of him was really flowing. The art was so ALIVE and vibrant. Its one thing to look in a picture book, its another thing to stand an inch away from the actual canvas. I was actually believing, comprehending the fact that hundreds of years prior, an amazing person had put brush and paint to the object in front of me. It was great. Psilocybin is a great tool for understanding visual art, as I am much more musically inclined. It helps pattern recognition, and allowed me to get into the artists' heads and understand what they were trying to do. So... go to the getty center with a head full of mushies, you will not be dissapointed.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: Trip Report: First Time at the Getty Center [Re: Noviseer]
    #2364482 - 02/21/04 06:04 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Sounds very interesting. I love the Getty too. Were there a lot of people there when you tripped? I think that might frighten me if I were shrooming. Maybe I'll go really stoned some time.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: First Time at the Getty Center [Re: temperance]
    #2372660 - 02/23/04 05:33 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

there were certainly people around, we went on a saturday afternoon. People don't bother me while I'm tripping off just 1.7 grams. At that dose I'm able to control myself, so I'm not worried about other people, or what they might think. When I was peaking, the sentry-like security guards were tripping me out, but not in a bad way, I was just sort of fascinated and scared of them.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience