Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #2337232 - 02/15/04 12:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the responses. It's a very good debate indeed.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Krishna]
    #2337898 - 02/15/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly, Krishna. I'd even say that's probably what's going to work best for most people. But how do you really _know_ that without trying it out? These are not substances where such behaviour is likely to cause irreparable harm---not if it's a one time thing, and probably not if it's a several time thing, either, spaced out over a longer period of time.

But what you say happened to you, you were abe to "trip" but didn't get as much out of it, well, that's a lesson that the original poster might learn and thus he'd modify his pattern of use. Sure, I think that I'll probably never try cyanide because people tell me it'll kill me, but there are certain things that, even if they aren't useful, probably aren't harmful, so why not see what works for me, eh?

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Krishna]
    #2339174 - 02/15/04 10:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in agreement with Psilo here for the most part, with perhaps some linguistic differences.

There's lots of "whatever you wanna do psychedelics for is fine" type speak, and in a way, it is true. If you want to "just get fucked up" more power to you. But it's the equivalent of desiring a better education for someone, or a deeper appreciation for life -- no one is advocating a federal mandate that drugs be taken for Deep Reasons. I'd not call anyone "stupid" for just liking shrooms because they see pretty colors. But fuck this seeming need to be apologetic if you're seeking something ~more~ out of psychedelics, and trying to advocate that viewpoint.

Matt - it'll probably be better to wait for multiple reasons. On the face value level, yes - the initial answers goes - there is cross-tolerance. There's a strong case for allowing time to integrate the experiences you have into your life -- not necessarily All Very Deep, because I believe one of the essential lessons to learn is that life is meant to be fun. Since people are so damn testy, consider it a similar admonition to eating all of your Halloween candy at once vs. saving and savoring some of it. There - although I'll not be surprised if someone jumps my shit because how dare I tell them they're wrong for eating candy the way they do!

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (02/15/04 10:06 PM)

InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: valour]
    #2340000 - 02/16/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think that the halloween candy analogy is a good one.
Saving/savoring it is probably more "fun" in some ways, and you certainly reduce the likelyhood of an adverse reaction (tummy ache).

But really, how many kids never ate too much candy once or twice in order to determine that, perhaps, it wasn't the best idea?

It's experience that's going to make the "take time between your trips to integrate them" true---not the well-meant admonition of someone more experienced.

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Psiloman]
    #2343851 - 02/16/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"I hope this is not an "intelectuall robe" that masks an addiction to altered states of consciousness...Its easy putting an ideology sprinkle on something we do (because excuses can do a great lot ) but the real validation of the ideology is the usage method/pattern "

I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly found myself caught in that "intellectual robe." You word it well, Psilo

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2359129 - 02/20/04 11:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I never hear anyone else say this, but I enjoy the tolerance to acid and mushrooms...

Many of my trips have been trips while the tolerance is in effect. They all go pretty well.

The only thing I've noticed is the tolerance really cuts down on the shock. Not really much else...

I like to eat about a gram of mushrooms, that will give me the "alkaloid shock" that mushies on a fresh system tend to give.

Then about 4 hours later I will eat 2-3 grams or however much... These trips are always fun, get the same effects I would normally, without the intense body load...

With acid, I like to take a hit one day, and the next day take a few, because then, like with mushrooms, the only effect that is diminished is the body load.

Its at these times when I can really relax and make the best of these drugs...

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Offlinewindowlicker42
    #2359762 - 02/20/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
I know this is off topic but does anybody else have an opinion on the above arguement? Id like to hear some more opinions on the issue.

i think that you are an immature moron who has no clue what the fuck he is doing. you are quick to judge, even quicker to condemn. i would NEVER dose with you as you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic.

tripping two days in a row will leave you spaced out for a good week, it leaves me feeling burnt mentally and physically.

you say that you have a deep rooted depression, a lot of unresolved anger, and that the only time you are nice is when you are dosed. i dont even want to comment on that...

i have one question for you, how old are you?

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: windowlicker42]
    #2364128 - 02/21/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"i think that you are an immature moron who has no clue what the fuck he is doing. you are quick to judge, even quicker to condemn. i would NEVER dose with you as you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic."

Where did you get the impression that I am a paranoid schizo from reading anything that I wrote? Please elaborate a little more. Also You flaming me, and judging me is making you look very very small right now, almost like you are the "immature moron". Can you riddle me this? What is the point of a "message board"? If you didn't know the main point is to convorsate and debate.

"tripping two days in a row will leave you spaced out for a good week, it leaves me feeling burnt mentally and physically."

Not true (could be depending on the persons mentality). I ended up taking the shrooms, and 4 days later went to my job orientation meeting and was the most productive person in the meeting. Yes I got the job.

"you say that you have a deep rooted depression, a lot of unresolved anger, and that the only time you are nice is when you are dosed. i dont even want to comment on that..."

Yes I do have deep rooted depression, and an anger problem, but can you please quote me saying that "the only time I am nice is when I dose"?? I don't recall saying this, and have reread my posts thoroughly.

"i have one question for you, how old are you?"

I am 18 this past November, sorry to kick your hard on there friend, but I am not a little boy you can mentally, or physically rape.  :shake:

Thank you for your response valour. A very well put point. Usually I do like to take a couple days to think about and integrate the experiences into my life, but there was so much left unanswered in that trip. Also, lsd or shrooms (Matter of fact, no psychedelic drugs at all) haven't been in my area for a very long time. I have no problem indulging a little bit, as I am sure most of us have who havent seen the light in what felt like eternity.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order