Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
wet tyvek
    #2362711 - 02/21/04 06:09 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i just cooked a shitload of millet. when i took the aluminum foil off there was water on the tyvek underneath. i wiped the water off with a sponge and tied double coffee filters over the tops. I am worried bc they were still exposed to open air and there was more than just a couple droplets. Some jars were exposed while still pretty hot from the cooker, and some were exposed cooled. Before i use my only inoculant, i want to know if these are just going to contam anyhow. Please post up quick bc id like to not let any contam get too much of a head start on the mushie spores. Thanks.

p.s. i soaked in coffee and water and will use the rhizo-tek from the growlog forum. if i get any kind of results i will keep everyone updated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: wet tyvek [Re: crime_think]
    #2362725 - 02/21/04 06:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Tyvek is there to prevent airborne contaminants from entering the jars. You don?t need coffee filters in addition to this. There is nothing wrong if the tyvek gets a little wet just leave it alone and it will dry in a matter of hours.

Re: wet tyvek [Re: Anno]
    #2362734 - 02/21/04 07:00 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

the coffee filters are cheap and are good dust covers until they go into the incubation chamber. also i felt it was a good idea to filter around the tyvek whilst still drying. The shit should be dry by now, so i think im going to run out and get some band aids and inject these babies. Thanks a lot anno for your wealth of information and timely posting. Im quite grateful; once i get some prints ill pm you to see if you want any (and dont say its not necessary bc i know it isnt but would like to throw you a couple for your contribution here and your many all throughout the forums). Thanks again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation