Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: rynophyte]
    #23625906 - 09/08/16 01:59 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

We don't really have them over here and they cost a mega amount of money, I tried to buy one cheap (so I thought) on eBay cheapest I could find was £500 second hand and had issue with it:confused:
Tbf I was trying to buy it at the top of the heat wave think everyone else had the same idea. It just started getting cooler last week and then it came on the news that this week its gonna start again:facepalm:

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #23625915 - 09/08/16 02:03 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I have azures and Subaeruginosa amongst other reg psilos. From what I've found they want to be fruited almost twenty degrees cooler. There are definitely kinks to work out with the fridge via modifications but I think it can be done. I've built cool rooms and cold rooms for wine distributors before. Kinda like a big fridge.

--------------------
Not all who are lost want to be found.
aka lostryno

OfflineKenetic
Nam Sayin
 User Gallery

Loc: I don't believe in land Flag
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: NumeroEno]
    #23625927 - 09/08/16 02:07 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I love the e-cig loop!  I've got a ton of parts from e-cigs too!  Now how about a self-sterilizing scalpel (would need a lot of thought for that unless you could cut the scalpel in half somehow for a + and - lead)

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
Todo Cambia

:cookiemonster::elmo:

DMT said: Everyone know's me, they just don't know it yet

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: Kenetic]
    #23625956 - 09/08/16 02:16 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

That's nutz Mrmazar, I think I could pick one up at the hardware store right now for about 200 american. I feel for ya though man. As a carpenter, I have spent my life working in the heat. When it's real hot you go home after a 10 hr day feeling like youre gunna die. Plus youre perpetually hungry because water takes up 90% of your stomach content, haha!

--------------------
aka lostryno

OfflineMushroom Forest
peice of substrate
Male

Loc: SE USA
    #23625966 - 09/08/16 02:21 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

All that said, just grow cubes dude. Sure, it takes a little more to get there.. But the ease of growing vastly outweighs the difference in potency.

--------------------
Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: Mushroom Forest]
    #23625973 - 09/08/16 02:23 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

HAHAHA, well I think Ima take these here syringes and inject them into the dirt up north in the mtns and go check on them after rain and proper temps... DAMNIT!!!

--------------------
aka lostryno

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
    #23625975 - 09/08/16 02:24 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Proper trees and desiccating wood area of course...

--------------------
aka lostryno

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
    #23625992 - 09/08/16 02:28 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the contributions, all!

--------------------
aka lostryno

Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

#23626043 - 09/08/16 02:43 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

no don't do that it will do nothing.

Your best chance is inoculating sterilized grain spawn with your spores but it's not worth it if you don't have a cold climate suitable environment. At least for the azures i'm sure the dessert is too warm.

I'm not sure about the other species you mentioned, but as said before these are very difficult nearly impossible especially indoors, unless you live in the right climate.

growing cubes indoors is incredibly easy and more worthwhile

edit:\

maybe you can trade those spores for cubes once you have enough posts for the trade section.

--------------------

Edited by tombosley8 (09/08/16 02:44 PM)

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: tombosley8]
    #23626093 - 09/08/16 02:54 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Good suggestion tombosley8, thanks. Within a couple of hours I have access to mountains with a hidden year round spring. It may be temperate enough for them to make it. IDK...

--------------------
aka lostryno

OfflineMushroom Forest
peice of substrate
Male

Loc: SE USA
    #23626358 - 09/08/16 04:18 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'm with tomb. You might as well inject them into the trash can.

Save the spores, grow some cubes and then when you are a little more experienced you can look into growing the azures.

--------------------
Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: Mushroom Forest]
    #23626460 - 09/08/16 05:00 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Ok guys, I will listen to your words of experience. Any of you interested in some syringes? LOL.

--------------------
aka lostryno

OfflineNameInUse
First Timer
Male User Gallery

#23626779 - 09/08/16 06:45 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I'll take em but I don't think it would be too hard to modify a fridge for that purpose. You just need to miss the coils when you cut through for air intake and exhaust. I intend on modifying a fridge for that very purpose someday.

--------------------
Signature in use.

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: NameInUse]
    #23626966 - 09/08/16 07:29 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking of drilling into the side for the air pump>inline filter and the check valve/exhuast. Refilling any space between the hoses and holes with silicon or expansion foam. Same thing for lighting cords, or whatever else needs to go in there. The air pump would be on a timer as I'm guessing ten minutes of air to every hour may be enough for exchange. As it will only need to hold 60ish degrees (which I will install a temp controller). If I wanted to make the whole fridge humidity controlled I would need to figure out how to get a controller on the built in dehumidifier. The pics of the shrooms that Mushroom Forest shared in that link in the beginning of the thread didn't look like they were oxygen starved to my eyes. Maybe bags with vents will even help this exchange some whilst waiting to be fanned twice a day. Cleaning will be a pain but once that's done I'm hoping once weekly wipe downs will keep it clean enough.

It would be cool if as a noob I could pioneer the operational fridge system. Maybe I'm pipe dreaming but the idea isn't one hundred percent killed in my head, even after the very rational reasons given for why I shouldn't even bother. I've been lucky with other types of cultivation so I'm hoping I got my geemaa's green/white thumb. If after I get the other more basic systems operational and I don't feel like I need another project I will hit you up about those spores.

:confused:

--------------------
aka lostryno

OfflineNameInUse
First Timer
Male User Gallery

#23627094 - 09/08/16 08:09 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man, I started with dried tissue on agar and built an automatic fridge setup that worked great although it wasn't an operational fridge. Noob doesn't mean incapable. With what I did before, I have a general idea of how I would do an operational fridge. You have a pretty good idea of how to set it up, I would avoid drilling as much as possible unless you know exactly how your fridge is designed and where the lines are inside, maybe see if you can find any technical information on it. Specs would also help you disable the dehumidifier. I would also use expanding foam, cut it flush and paint it. I would personally want the freezer to stay warm for jars and controls so mine would have to be set up in a manner where they're separate, traditional fridges have a hole between the freezer and fridge for the cold air to flow down.

--------------------
Signature in use.

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
Re: Growing in an operational refridge [Re: NameInUse]
    #23627388 - 09/08/16 09:57 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome suggestions! I picked up the fridge used real cheap and it's an older top freezer so tracking down the tech info may take some time but I'm definitely going to look for it. Fer sure 'bout the foam and I saw pics of other fridges with stuff in the freezer as you suggested and thought that looked pretty slick as well. If I can work around the downward airflow from the freezer as is my understanding as well, for this type of fridge. If I could get it all to work AND get things to grow other than mold that would be pretty cool and stealth. Nobody questions a second fridge in a garage in 'merica!

--------------------
aka lostryno

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
    #23628329 - 09/09/16 08:12 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Every heard of anybody inoculating a cut piece of log with azures, gyms, or the like? I was looking at my shitake log this morning and got to wondering...?

--------------------
aka lostryno

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
    #23628516 - 09/09/16 09:45 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking further about the fae issue of working with bags and weighing out the cost/effort/risk of breaking the dehumidifier last night. My wonderment is this. If I were to try the bags with the vents in them I might be able to further force gas exchange by creating positive pressure inside the fridge. I could easily do this by adding one or more lines of incoming air but still only having one exhaust vent of the same size hosing. I'm thinking that by creating higher pressure inside the fridge on a regular basis this will help force gas exchange through the bag vents. I could mitigate doors popping open by using simple and cheap magnetic straps.

--------------------
aka lostryno

Invisiblerynophyte
Stranger
    #23628526 - 09/09/16 09:49 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Or even put and adjustable valve on the exhaust line before the hepa filter and termination. This might also help control humidity as well.

--------------------
aka lostryno

InvisibleTits on a bull
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25335780 - 07/19/18 04:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Why not use mushrooms that don't mind heat. Pink or pheonix oysters?

--------------------
Stop talking about being enlighten. Crybabies, bitches, and people worried about ratings can never reach enlightenment!  NEVER!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures