Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip
    #2357467 - 02/20/04 12:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hi
we thinks our pet rabbit snowball got into some of my shrooms and has just come off the trip after two days of just laying there shitting herself,goggly eyed and very dizzy
she is back to her usual self now..phew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: ]
    #2357698 - 02/20/04 01:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, that reminds me of friends dog who, while they were out, gobbled up a gram of hash they left on the coffee table.

They came home and the dog was laying on the couch, had pissed and shit on itself....

They took it outside and it just layed there for about 5 hours pissing and shitting on itself.

It would seem to me after both of these accounts that the common animal reaction to drugs is to piss and shit on itself.

Can't really say I'm immune  :nut:

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2358120 - 02/20/04 04:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

*sigh*

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTheKid04
the man on themoon
    #2360102 - 02/20/04 03:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

my friends dog died because we left a 3/8 on his carpet and his scottish terrier ate it while we were out at the store...it was tragic...i mean loseing all that weed and all

--------------------
if you dont like what you are eating...simply dont eat it

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: TheKid04]
    #2360340 - 02/20/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lol, that's harsh.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblejdogg172
Shroomitarian

Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2360873 - 02/20/04 07:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

we got my ex gf sugar glider high one time, no pissing or shitting just very poor coordination, it ended up drowning in the toilet. Sucked, cause my gf mom just tried to flush it and it clogged the toilet.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: jdogg172]
    #2361070 - 02/20/04 08:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

every one in this thread who either left drugs where there animal can get them
or talked about animals dying and laughed
is a fucking idiot thirteen year old ass spelunker.
youz guyz can go fuck yo'selves
drugs and animals shouldn't mix. not funny. they can't defend or think for themselves.

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: muse_sick]
    #2361139 - 02/20/04 08:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wow settle down now... no need to insult...

as a rebut I say drugs and animals should mix. We are animals and drugs mix very well with us. Some animals just can't ask for them.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2361623 - 02/20/04 10:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No flaming!

Animals shouldn't get into quarter pounds of hash, its true, but giving animals the chance to trip isn't "wrong" or whatever.

Ever given a cat catnip? They love the stuff. Hell, I know people who drink with their dogs.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2361684 - 02/20/04 10:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheKid04 said:
my friends dog died because we left a 3/8 on his carpet and his scottish terrier ate it while we were out at the store...it was tragic...i mean loseing all that weed and all

LMAO 5 shrooms for you!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: SixCee]
    #2361822 - 02/20/04 11:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you think thats funny you should never be allowed to own pets or have kids.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: Kingkole]
    #2361941 - 02/20/04 11:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Don't take it too seriously.  :crazy:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Anonymous

#2361964 - 02/20/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

oh oh the animal police have arrived :shake:
go and feed some fucking african kids wanka

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #2361966 - 02/20/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry if that was percieved as flaming, but this stuff makes me sick:
Quote:

TheKid04 said:

:sad:
Quote:

FrankieJustTrypt said:
as a rebut I say drugs and animals should mix. We are animals and drugs mix very well with us. Some animals just can't ask for them.

This isn't a very good rebuttal. Not everything that's meant for people is meant for animals. You would probably agree with me that there are some humans who shouldn't take drugs, due to their lack of general intelligence. Imagine how powerful drugs can play with a person's brain and body. Animals have a much simpler brain then ours, it's true. They can't ask us for drugs. But drugs that affect the human body affect an animals body at a much higher magnitude. So why is it funny if an animal with a much brain is exposed to the potential for permanent damage or death?
Does it sound healthy for an animal to be shitting on themselves for days straight?
Anyone with any sense of compassion towards animals wouldn't be able to stand the sight of it...
Quote:

recalcitrant said:
Animals shouldn't get into quarter pounds of hash, its true, but giving animals the chance to trip isn't "wrong" or whatever.
Ever given a cat catnip? They love the stuff. Hell, I know people who drink with their dogs.

There's a big dif. between catnip and hash.
and beer and shrooms.
Quote:

Kingkole said:
If you think thats funny you should never be allowed to own pets or have kids.

I'm with you.
This stuff makes baby jesus cry :thumbdown:

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinefunkymariachi
Stranger
    #2362097 - 02/21/04 12:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If anybody here injected a human being with drugs they didn't ask for, they'd be put in prison. To allow or force drugs onto an animal (inluding a human animal, frankiejusttrypt) who doesn't understand what they're doing or how it will affect them is inhumane. Imagine if you just woke up into a drug you'd never done before at an insanely high dosage with no understanding of why you feel the way you do and you will understand how these animals must feel.

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: funkymariachi]
    #2364107 - 02/21/04 02:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

All of these cases mentioned here are not where drugs were forced on these animals.

You've got to remember that at one point these animals were living in the wild(us included).. And theres a more than likely chance that these animals in their forages came across a cannabis plant or a patch of mushrooms...

I'm not sure which breeds of animals we are dealing with and what parts of the world they originated at, but if its anywhere in Asia,or the middle east or Africa(for that matter europe, NA, SA in the last 500years) theres a good chance they were in the mix with cannabis, and well mushrooms have been growing in just about every hospitable climate for quite some time.

Anyway my point is that there is good chance animals (that aren't human) have the same opportunity to eat these drugs in a natural environment. When animals don't have the comfort of a supermarket or an owner feeding them Iams they tend to eat whatever they come across that doesn't kill them...

I don't even have to list all the fucked things dogs will eat to satiate this instinct.. Cats i'm sure aren't a whole lot different...

Deer are a big problem for outdoor cannabis cultivators. If you don't put up protection around your crop, theres a real good chance a deer will come in and eat ALL your bud. Is this morally wrong? Its the same case as an animal foraging through a house and finding material it deems edible, and eats it. Don't short change these animals on credit, if they eat something and they find that the effects of eating it far outweigh the pros, they won't eat it anymore.. Classical conditioning.

I'm a little skeptical about 3/8's of weed killing a dog... As the toxicity of THC really doesn't change too drastically from species to species... But if its a small enough maybe.. I wonder if that terrier's ancestors died after coming across a fallin hemp plant in late flowering....

Does it sound healthy for an animal to be shitting on themselves for days straight?

Not too clean as far as our standards go, but certainly not life-threatening. And when it happens to be animals that don't have near as high standards as civilised man and will occasionally eat their own shit(or attempt to) it really doesn't make it seem too bad... I never like seeing people get so drunk they puke and piss all over themselves, but again its a learning experience.

But drugs that affect the human body affect an animals body at a much higher magnitude.

I'm sure the actual mg/kg bodyweight ratio isn't too different. And with hallucinogens they have found that they affect higher order species MORESO than lower order... IE the more intelligent you are the more these drugs will affect you. So if anything a house pet eating mushrooms will be less affected that a human would.

So why is it funny if an animal with a much brain is exposed to the potential for permanent damage or death?

First off, don't take the humor in here too seriously, 2ndly not everyone subscribes to your moral law, lets take off our judges robe.
3rd. This sounds too much like drug war propaganda. Again with these substances I'm almost certain the actual LD50's are a similar mg/kg ratio.

You would probably agree with me that there are some humans who shouldn't take drugs, due to their lack of general intelligence.

Its their job, not mine or yours, to decide that. Down will authoritarianism in all its forms.

Remember, pets are already in prison...

And if your concerned with the welfare and mental health of your pet maybe you will allow them to live some semblance of a normal life, rather than take more adventure and potential learning experiences out of their upholstered prison cell.

Bondage makes baby jesus cry harder.

So lets not get into the ethics of allowing free will to be exercised with flora that occurs in their natural environment.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: funkymariachi]
    #2364132 - 02/21/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

last time i checked, sitting in a corner for 2 days isnt a sign of a pleasent trip... I'm not down on anyone for accidents, but the "giving animals a chance to trip" thing doesnt make much sense. If animals had pleasent experiences with drugs, then i guess it would be up to you, but it a living thing scared shitless for days isnt very funny to me.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#2364388 - 02/21/04 03:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, the rabbit ate them on accident, and the animal is alive. Let's all chill. Come on now. Who knows - Snowball could have had the time of his/her life. You don't know, and don't pretend you do.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2368235 - 02/22/04 02:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

5 SHrooms for having the patients to write down more than five sentances!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: snowball had his 1st accidental shroom trip [Re: freddurgan]
    #2671664 - 05/12/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i have 8 parrots, an iguana, a pug, and several smaller animals.
an important reponsibility of a pet owner or parent is to keep tempting and potentially hazardous substances away from your pets and children's feild of access.

try explaining to the judge that your toddler "found" the coke, that he wasn't "given" it

your animal got your drugs because you were irresponsible.
same thing as leaving poison out.

youre supposed to be intelligent enough to already know that, i wonder whats wrong with some people.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds