Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Loc: Santa Barbara California Flag
The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights
    #23569948 - 08/23/16 06:03 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

This video spells out an action and duty by the federal government, but controlled by the states.

be

This action can easily get the support of enough Americans to really get something done.  It is not politics, it is law.

If y'all are going to do nothing, .  .  . seeing this gets done, assures that your states can protect your rights easily from federal intrusion.

--------------------
You always want what you need, but do not always need what you want.

People that do not want what they need, have a problem.

Can we stop doing all of the things we are doing that we do not want to do while still doing what we need to do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: ChristopherABrown]
    #23570116 - 08/23/16 06:45 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:
seeing this gets done, assures that your states can protect your rights easily from federal intrusion.

So the states can protect me from getting paid a minimum wage?  The states can protect me from enjoying national parks which states use instead for mining?  The states can protect me from getting a free education?

I'm not buying this "federal intrusion" nonsense.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #23571341 - 08/24/16 12:05 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:
seeing this gets done, assures that your states can protect your rights easily from federal intrusion.

So the states can protect me from getting paid a minimum wage?  The states can protect me from enjoying national parks which states use instead for mining?  The states can protect me from getting a free education?

I'm not buying this "federal intrusion" nonsense.

If you are into a free ride and perks from a government gone globalist, you can choose to let them run your world.  About the time it becomes too toxic to live in cities without filters for breathing, you will realize you have earned it.

State citizens have the only real power and in some ways, an American citizen does not exist.

http://www.realtruth.biz/freedomstuff/state%20citizen%20or%20us%20citizen.htm

--------------------

Can we stop doing all of the things we are doing that we do not want to do while still doing what we need to do?

Edited by ChristopherABrown (08/24/16 12:07 AM)

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: ChristopherABrown]
    #23574556 - 08/24/16 11:29 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

It really seems people here do not know much about how the constitution can provide us with law to defend and enforce it.

The countermand should have been part of the 1787 constitution.  It could have been part of the 10th amendment because that is where states powers are enumerated.

Basically it allows 60% of the states to remove a federal law they can show is unconstitutional.  What is really good about the concept is the "delegate resolution".  Twenty seven states are supporting this and 17 have drawn up applications for Article V with the countermand as the proposed amendment, and they did it because the "delegate resolution" makes so much sense for Article V.

State legislations are the only entity that an propose and ratify amendments.  The notion of delegates having a free hand is not lawful.  The delegate resolution binds the delegate to the specifics that the state legislature authorizes them to negotiate on its behalf with delegates of other states.

Delegates that violate their resolutions can be recalled.  This keeps state legislations in control by state legislations as they should be.

--------------------

Edited by ChristopherABrown (08/27/16 11:51 PM)

OfflineCrumist
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#23595877 - 08/30/16 11:02 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:
If you are into a free ride and perks from a government gone globalist, you can choose to let them run your world.  About the time it becomes too toxic to live in cities without filters for breathing, you will realize you have earned it.

State citizens have the only real power and in some ways, an American citizen does not exist.

Lol, you can breath in US cities thanks to the EPA and the Clean Air and Water Acts (well, in some ways in spite of the vast inefficiencies of both, but nonetheless that is another argument for another time)

Im all for preserving "the laboratories of democracy" from too much encroachment though. I choose to live
in a state with superior educational requirements and labor laws than the federal gov't

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: Crumist]
    #23596609 - 08/31/16 07:33 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crumist said:
Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:

Lol, you can breath in US cities thanks to the EPA and the Clean Air and Water Acts (well, in some ways in spite of the vast inefficiencies of both, but nonetheless that is another argument for another time)

Im all for preserving "the laboratories of democracy" from too much encroachment though. I choose to live
in a state with superior educational requirements and labor laws than the federal gov't

Okay.  Do you know why the EPA sent a letter to BP asking them to not spray corexit rather than serving an order?

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #23596695 - 08/31/16 08:30 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Good luck getting 38 states to ratify that amendment.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

#23597649 - 08/31/16 02:08 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I'd be so psyched to see constitutional conventions organized in my lifetime. I'd be in support of
this counter-mand, but also another Equal Rights Amendment, and a couple other
ideas that escape me at the moment.

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: Enlil]
    #23598356 - 08/31/16 05:49 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Good luck getting 38 states to ratify that amendment.

Seventeen states have already made applications for Article V with the Countermand AMD. as the issue, and another 11 are processing the proposal through legislation right now.  When 2/3 have applied, congress must call a convention, or amend.

This is one congress is not going to amend.

Are you aware of the lawsuits Sibley has filed agains the house speakers for failing to call a convention?

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23598370 - 08/31/16 05:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Congress can't amend.  If 2/3 ask for a convention, Congress can call a convention or just propose the amendment.  It would still require 38 states to ratify.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: Crumist]
    #23598373 - 08/31/16 05:53 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crumist said:
I'd be so psyched to see constitutional conventions organized in my lifetime. I'd be in support of
this counter-mand, but also another Equal Rights Amendment, and a couple other
ideas that escape me at the moment.

Awesome!  All Americans that support the constitution unconditionally should have the same sentiments.

I really like the countermand because it is a method to abolish, but only laws.  Good start!

If we are not going to be actively defining our rights per the 9th amendment, this is the next best thing.  At least states can prevent the creeping infringements.

--------------------

Edited by ChristopherABrown (09/01/16 06:33 AM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23598399 - 08/31/16 06:03 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Which states have already called for the convention?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

#23600100 - 09/01/16 06:32 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Which states have already called for the convention?

Sorry , you do not have enough credibility to deserve the effort required to answer.

--------------------

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

#23600105 - 09/01/16 06:37 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:
Quote:

Crumist said:
Quote:

ChristopherABrown said:

Okay.  Do you know why the EPA sent a letter to BP asking them to not spray corexit rather than serving an order?

Okay, you don't know.

They wrote a letter asking BP to not spray because under GATT they have no authority over an foreign OR domestic corporation doing business with an American corporation.  GATT is treason against the 1787 constitution by usurping US laws in US territory.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: ChristopherABrown] * 3
    #23600124 - 09/01/16 06:55 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I see...so you just made it up.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

#23602918 - 09/01/16 09:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I see...so you just made it up.

You could look their web site rather than spewing BS.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Countermand AMD.-Putting teeth into states rights [Re: ChristopherABrown] * 3
    #23602991 - 09/01/16 10:10 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I did.  I couldn't find it there, so I asked you.  Apparently, you couldn't either.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineChristopherABrown
Human being
Male

#23604042 - 09/02/16 09:00 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I did.  I couldn't find it there, so I asked you.  Apparently, you couldn't either.

Apparently they are wise to those working for treason against the constitution and do not list the states.  I was sent an email, and I'm not sharing it with you.

But you were asked about the lawsuit againt the house speaker filed by Sibley, you never responded to that.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23604045 - 09/02/16 09:01 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I know nothing about that.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

#23604434 - 09/02/16 11:46 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

"I have here in my hand a list of 205 . . . a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department. . . . "

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order