Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2359537 - 02/20/04 01:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dude flicking the caps is pretty much pointless. Thats another popular myth with no real basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2359557 - 02/20/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This is not a bash, but flicking the caps of the mushrooms do not do anything that already hasn't happened.

Once the cap opens the spores are dispersed. A flick of the cap makes o no difference and that is just another urban legend.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2367993 - 02/22/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, i want to pick through this one,

Quote:

i am totally against people just randomly picking a feild

-Why? That is how people find fields that produce shrooms, for the most part, its a completely random chance until someone hops the fence and brings back shrooms to prove it.

Quote:

if you find a feild with good tree coverage (cows like shade in fla) you are more likely to find shrooms

-Yeah that's kinda true, but not completely. I've found shrooms in many fields with basically no trees, but there is usually more mushrooms to be found in wooded areas, usually, and the woods are good cover from being spotted if you're trespassing to get your mushrooms..

Quote:

remember to flick the caps of the fully open ones

-That's just not at-all useful, it's funny how that myth spread around to so many people though. It's a neat legend but not at-all useful, and you usually want to be as gentle with the shrooms as you possibly can. I personally wouldn't want to be thumped on the head like that..

Quote:

dont take more than you need

-Why not? I usually take as many as i come across until i'm ready to leave. I usually never leave behind many shrooms in my path, unless it is the summertime when the shrooms are much more abundant and most of them are bug-ridden.. i usually grab every shroom i can though. The more shrooms in your bags the better.

Quote:

and go with a buddy or 2...going by your self is dumb.

-It's smart to go with a buddy, sometimes, but it's not 'dumb' to go alone, it's just riskier to go alone in case of an emergency. But if you're trespassing more people usually draw more attention so that's a drawback. The only things i can think of that would hurt a person shrooming in florida is, getting bit by a poisonous snake, having a treelimb fall and crash you on the head, sprang or break your ankle, or be murdered by a drunk farmer and buried in the field never to be found again lol.
Other than that there isn't much that is going to hurt you that you can't just go alone. Other than the farmers, they can wrestle you down if they want because it's their land.
-I remember a few years ago some kids from fort myers or naples were talking about how they ran into some other punk shroomers that wanted to 'steal' the shrooms they picked, so being complete idiots the story was that they had brought a loaded gun into the field (saying it was for "protection") so they drew the gun on these other kids and, i dunno, my memory isn't so good on that story, but i think that they had a fucking brawling in the stupid cow field over a bag of shrooms.. which is the stupid story i've ever heard lol.
-Well actually there is all kinds of dangers you can encounter i guess, but the danger seems to increase with the more people you are out shrooming with, in most cases it seems.
-I'm just most worried about rattlesnakes, and they aren't too common anyways, but i keep my eyes out for rattlers more than i do the shrooms..

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2368034 - 02/22/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Another story is from up in jacksonville or gainesville field i can't remember, and there were a couple dozen people that met up to go into the field together and pick shrooms, and then a police helicopter saw them (or somehow were informed about the planned hunt) and landed in the field and trying to chase the shroomers and catch them. lol. And then most of the people ended up to their heads in swamp water which was probably infested with an alligator nest or two.

One of the things that spooks me out a little bit, is some farmers set up hunting platforms in the trees, to hunt deer and whatnot, so, it sorta paranoias me, because, uh, don't they usually use guns or bow and arrows and hide in the trees with camoflauge on? anyways, that is another thing that spooks me about going alone.. some farmer up in the trees with a weapon staring down at some shroom-picker trespassing on his property ect.

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

#2369964 - 02/22/04 09:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

how could flicking the caps be bad? more spores for the cows to eat would mean more shrooms wouldnt it (even more so when you only find a small small patch of shrooms)....im not going to argue but you all act like im telling someone someting that can harm them.....to be honest if i caught some hippie picking shrooms and tresspassing on my property (with out my permission) i would be very pissed...most farmers in fla now are old and crazy anyway. i got caught the last time i went and i was scared shitless but i was being stupid and went in the middle of the damn day on a working cattle ranch in east orange county....he saw that i had a pocket knife on my waist and felt that as a threat...long story short thank god i wore my running shoes. just use your head ...your going to do what your going to do no matter what i or anyone elce say's just be safe.

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

OfflineBlazeTek517
Stranger

#7763530 - 12/15/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yup

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: BlazeTek517]
    #7765560 - 12/16/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Why are you bumping this thread to the top again?

This topic is ancient history.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
    #7767076 - 12/16/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

interesting post to say the least but Im surprised as fuck this wasnt Locked    :smirk:

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: cube428]
    #7768672 - 12/17/07 09:35 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

yup that a good answer that get here 3 years later.
if you like to do something to spread spores leave some mushrooms in ant holes , put the cap so they can print all the ants that past there also the ants will destroy the mushrooms and all the pieces will be deposited in the grass right where is nedded , or if you have plenty cut then all, and take then to another field and leave then there cover by some leaves in the shadow, when you are in the car open the window so spores can get away every where you go, wear spores hats. take spore prints and spread then in the grass field with cows you see, we used to have few places to pick cubensis , now the entire jalisco i guees is full of natural cultures , it was the same with copelandia so scarse few years later but the iniciative of me and mi friends is well spread all over now , i have see it how they are conquer the place i visit, so if you have ants are the best mushroomms growers in the earth , so many ,so clean, so tiny, all they working ,not lazy as us.
yup
all my best vibrations.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Edited by cactu (12/17/07 09:40 AM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: cube428]
    #7771436 - 12/17/07 08:29 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cube428 said:
interesting post to say the least but Im surprised as fuck this wasnt Locked    :smirk:

Yeah, I read through this topic again, and I mention something about eating Cubes for breakfast, so I was in the zone.. it's written in gold, this is how you become a mushroom hunting moderator-extrodinare at the shroomery:

:fades into a colorfully vivid nastalgic shroom-tunnel again tonight:

I'll tell you where the best damn place to ever hunt psychoactive dung-loving mushrooms in Florida ever was. I tell you this because these incredible pastures are now extinct, like the dinosaurs.. once upon a time lived a humble shroomy hippie that picked too many shrooms and consumed his fair share of various species in a short amount of time. One day, I can't remember exactly how it happened, but he went over-board, eathing too many mushrooms one brisk december evening in southwest Florida, starring at the stars and planets and moon on a dark evening in Lakewood Ranch, a pretty nice large master-planned neighborhood which was vastly under-developed at the time (lots of woods, and pastures). Somewhere in his mind while contemplating the stars and universes and planets and nebulas through his telescope he must of went inside to log onto the shroomery and build a new screen name. He thought everything was great, and perfect that night being inflluenced by the never-ending perfectly chaotic alignment of the universe, he felt the earth spinning on it's axis and he said "this is great". He was all alone that night so he was "one" by himself and one all-together meshing so fluidly with the entirity of all vibrations, a complete spectical of shroomiest proportions. He was functional though, but somehow hit the G-button two times starting the new screenname with a "GG" he said that looks good, "two G's is better than one" (he scribbles that apifany of seemingly meaningful wisdom down on paper to reference later on). So he puts on The Beatles Seagant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album and it starts out with "one two three four" hence the 234 then fit in after "One" and one before "Great" with an extra "G" in the front of it. He then looked at what he had typed with dialated pupils, comfortably, glowing, remembering how nice the night sky was shining that night and it was wrote "GGreatOne234", he read it and said, "The Great One??" with a fuzzy look on his face thinking "Who do you think you are? What makes you so great? Do you think you are God or something?". Then he thought, no, this is good, I didn't give myself this nickname, the shrooms did, so he submitted his new screenname and got started with what needed to be done. So GG would go this park to photograph various mushrooms often, in this underdeveloped soon-to-be " large town" or "city" called Lakewood Ranch.. the park is called The Herons Nest, nestled in some of the finest landscapes in all of Florida. There is a nice gravel parking area, next to a lake, with alligators and deer and armadillo running all over the place. It is not open to the public, it is private. From the parking area is a path, wood-chip paths and lead you down into the heart of a forest, along the paths are cool wooden bridges that space the gaps between swamps and palmettos and live oaks and austrailian pines.. the paths twist and turn real cool-like and mushrooms were always to be found most of the time. So he is walking along a sandy trail watching the herons and turkey buzzards flying around and all the sudden God sent GG a great present, in the form of a "Mooooo". His heart immediately skipped a beat and he stopped dead in his tracks when the siren rang out. He had been walking these trails for about a year now quite often and had not even known what was waiting for him to be discovered on the otherside of the stream, called the Bradon River.. it was a Cow Pasture of course. The investigation was immediately inniciated. He found a great spot to jump across the small stream (or the Bradon River), jumped across to the other side, climbed his way up to the top of the embankment and stood at the top with an astonishing amount of pride with the present he had been presented. He stood there, for a moment, and there it was.. The Field Of Dreams. Completely hidden, middle of no-where, and plentiful amounts of cows grazing. It was incredibly steathy, and known by no-one else but myself as far as I gathered what seemed to have been over hundreds of visits, over the period of about 6 years before it was decimated and bulldozed to become some kind of new fancy soccer fields and playgrounds and many more houses. So the place was mainly loaded with Psilocybe cubensis, and occassional psychoactive Panaeolus mushrooms, and about about a hundred different kinds of mushrooms to be found and photographed and studied. Nobody ever bothered the ggreatone out there, he was the only one that was ever out there lol, it was premo... and it was a gift sent to me by supernatural-shroom-beings or something along those lines (or maybe it was just the Cows who sent the message). The GGreatOne's adventures in Lakewood Ranch do not end there. During this time he also discovered two other large amazing pastures, with stealthy parking, completely unknown to anyone but himself for the most part. All completely steathy and all only really places to hunt during the day-time, which was ideal for his mycophotography facination/hobby. He would circulate between these three fields during the right times of year, one field a day, picking for as long as he wished, no pressure, no cause for alarm, just great hunting grounds which became sacred places of shroom-worship for this befuddled hippie. One of the fields was named "The Field of Dreams" and mainly produced Cubensis shrooms. Another field was dubbed the name "The Tree Line" due to a wicked-cool tree-line of forest and open-pastureland interface which consistantly produced Cubensis, Copelandia and Subbalteatus shrooms during the right times of year. The last of the three fields was named "The Shit Yards", and it was by far the most productive pastureland the GreatOne had ever witnessed anywhere in Florida. The Shit Yards was enormous, tons of wooded areas, mazes of small open-field areas and just more cow shit going on in underneath the trees than you could ever imagine. During the right time of the summer-season GG would hone in on the sweet-spot of the season, and the place would be literally covered with more Copelandia mushrooms than could ever be picked. During the right time of year there would an estimated 100,000 Copelandia mushrooms growing from all the cow patties on a given day, usually finding single turds that produce anywhere form 50 to100 shrooms on each patty, with another patty every 1 or 2 feet anywhere you turn, so it was completely out of hand for the most part. He also would find Cubensis in that field, but mostly, it was a Copelandia Pasture. So ggreatone was content with these 3 fields, and left another 10 fields that he had knew about scattered through the towns of Sarasota and Bradenton (Sarasota and Manatee counties) that he knew about that produced shrooms also, he left most of the other fields alone other than the 3 in Lakewood Ranch, which is located in Manatee County.. eventually he watched these 13 pastures one by one, every single one of the 13 was then built over by construction. Which was always..a disappointment for him. GG took time for each field to give short but meaningful prayer giving thanks to the land and the cows that once grazed it and fruits it provided. The Big G shared these fields with many friends and would teach them the ways of the shroom, but he always kept his 3 locations in Lakewood Ranch a complete, secret... Sure by the time all of his fields were decimated by bulldozers he was already finding psychoactive mushrooms in lawns everywhere, and in woodchips, heck, he even learned how to grow his own mushrooms by the time the fields were gone (cultivating mushrooms was strange step for hippie-GG because he believes the purest way of experiencing psychoactive mushrooms was to first find them growing from the earth, in the wild, for maximum spiritual potency and perfection). So the story continued at the shroomery and other web-forums for mushrooms, posting plenty of delicious digital and film photos (90% of all which were never backed up or saved by him, carelessly lost in a haze of Psilocin, deleted websites, floppy disks, cds, loosing others in the internet somehow somewhere). And one day amist this whole story plot, hidden away in a bright vault of blinding shiney light of star-matter, he was invited up to the suburbs of Atlanta by another shroomery member who was posting outrageous photographs of the mushroom Psilocybe weilii. The weiliis were hunted, bioassayed, and experienced the GGreatOne for the first time in his life. He considers it the greatest psychoactive shroom on the planet (that he knows of at least). So from there after my first visit to the Atlanta area, I was dubbed moderator of the hunting forum, and have been here moderating almost every day ever since, with the exception of several months when I needed to step down briefly for personal reasons, but I have always been here in spirit before some shroomy 16 year old decided to create the website, before i had a computer, before i lived in florida and had shroom fields to attend to, before God clapped his hands together and created the universe in one dynamic blast of light lol. Long story short: I'll settle this whole thing up in one sentence: The best county in Florida for finding great cow pastures was Manatee County Florida, but now, i dunno, don't ask me, I'm just a moderator here :smile:.

GGreatOne234

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #7772026 - 12/17/07 10:28 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

you are truly the GGreatOne234 , i bet you losse your pictures of the handfull of cubes and copes and cooplee of manatee in the back.
. thank you for sharing and downloading from the magic world.
all my best vibrations to you GGreatOne234

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: cactu]
    #7773887 - 12/18/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Wow this one was dug up from many moons ago....

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

InvisibleA3eyedfish
mycophile
 User Gallery

Loc: Wut some people Call Par...
    #7781758 - 12/20/07 01:45 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes, letting something set adrift to some day wash upon a shore & be rediscovered is a good thing it seems.

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: A3eyedfish]
    #7781839 - 12/20/07 02:17 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Brevada county.. Where I lived for 2 years

Offlinenushroom
Knowledge Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: H-Town Tx
    #7788576 - 12/22/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I always enjoy your posts GGreatOne234! Thanks! Happy Holidays!

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

#7790503 - 12/22/07 08:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

in a few days i'm going to be down near Fort Meyers...any hopes of finding any cubes right now? or is it out of season? i know nothing about this area, i'm from the PNW...

--------------------
[url=http:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #7792408 - 12/23/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

*sniff* that was the most beautiful story ive ever heard GGreatOne... :awesome:

--------------------

Invisiblefarmer88
Male User Gallery

#7792760 - 12/23/07 02:30 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Well I dunno GG, I think it's about time you dropped the shorts and swung free again, you know you want it!

Similar development pattern here on the other side of the world, why I treasure my own fields, they aren't getting these. The shrooms are safe here. Humans are a fucking plague organism. Well I have to moderate that a little now. Daft Punk had a humanist message at the end of their show the other night I'm still affected by it, the show changed my life a little bit..."Human after all".

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: farmer88]
    #7792765 - 12/23/07 02:33 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah.. I would like to see daft punk one day..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck