Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Murzelpfrumpft] * 1
    #23596882 - 08/31/16 09:41 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Murzelpfrumpft said:
Expecting a 50/50 ratio of stay at home moms and dads is ignorant of biosocial gender differences.
Mothers do have tighter bonds to their kids for a plethora of reasons and much more often wish to spend more time with them.

I dispute this claim, I think this is entirely due to social conditioning.

Quote:

Murzelpfrumpft said:
A partner, regardless of the sex, who enables his SO to stay at home with the kids, gives a great sacrifice because work fucking sucks and often destroys people, when staying at home seldom does.

It depends on the job. Females should have equal access to the good jobs, but we don't because males assume they're better at everything. See boilingpoint's thread on this, everyone thinks it but they're wrong. Female talent is vastly underutilized, we're mostly just shuffled around like cattle by the patriarchy. People don't see the female genius because they're avoiding looking at her in order not to upset their male-dominated worldview.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.
I'm consecrated to the Immaculate Heart.
I don't want her to have to look at adultery to save my privileged living cells, so please keep it PG-13.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChemicalSpark

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Alyssa]
    #23596902 - 08/31/16 09:48 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

:peace:

Edited by ChemicalSpark (11/22/16 10:31 AM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: ChemicalSpark] * 3
    #23596999 - 08/31/16 10:20 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ChemicalSpark said:
We tried to "enlighten" you, Alyssa, through logic and reasoning. It's clearly not working.

Now GTFO of this thread please.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Wow, somebody's butt-hurt that their belief in male superiority has been challenged.  :smirk:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #23597039 - 08/31/16 10:35 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

ChemicalSpark said:
We tried to "enlighten" you, Alyssa, through logic and reasoning. It's clearly not working.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Wow, somebody's butt-hurt that their belief in male superiority has been challenged.  :smirk:

You really see that? Awesome! Good for you! I like you already. Are you a feminist?

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.
I don't want her to have to look at adultery to save my privileged living cells, so please keep it PG-13.

InvisibleChemicalSpark

#23597047 - 08/31/16 10:37 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by ChemicalSpark (11/22/16 10:31 AM)

InvisibleBubbles85

Loc: England
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Alyssa] * 1
    #23597067 - 08/31/16 10:47 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
People don't see the female genius because they're avoiding looking at her in order not to upset their male-dominated worldview.

Or, maybe its because they dont want to be accused of stare rape by third wave feminists :lol:

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Bubbles85]
    #23597078 - 08/31/16 10:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bubbles85 said:
Quote:

Alyssa said:
People don't see the female genius because they're avoiding looking at her in order not to upset their male-dominated worldview.

Or, maybe its because they dont want to be accused of stare rape by third wave feminists :lol:

Well, I'm second-wave, so if someone stares at me I stare back. Girl power looking right at you.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597080 - 08/31/16 10:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

qman said:
"gets the shaft"

Do you know how many working mothers who would love to stay at home with their children?  My mother and sister who were both stay of home mothers say it was the most rewarding experience of their lives, they wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

It's not getting the shaft, it's being able to do what nature intended to happen in the first place, mothers caring for their young children.

Your modern feminism is only 50 year old, mothers caring for their young children goes back millions of years. :lol:

I don't think anyone should be forced to go out and work. This is about a female having the freedom to choose what she does with her life, as opposed to having the patriarchy choose for her like it did in the fucking "good ol' days". Maybe she doesn't want to work, maybe she wants to study or be an artist. Not being obligated to clean up your messes, make you dinner and care for children you hold up as being exclusively yours is the point; this is why we need feminism. Without it, things would go back to being how they were because of people like you.

A woman choosing to stay home to take care of her children is a good thing, that does NOT mean she is "obligated to clean up" after her male partner and his "messes", trying to make that connection shows everyone how biased you are on the subject matter.

My mother and sister choose to stay at home with their children, they didn't think it was some horrible burden, they embraced the role that nature created for them. This reality has NOTHING to do with social conditioning. :facepalm:

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #23597086 - 08/31/16 10:53 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

ChemicalSpark said:

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Wanting the mother of his children to care for them is "male superiority"? :lolwut:

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597093 - 08/31/16 10:56 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

Murzelpfrumpft said:
Expecting a 50/50 ratio of stay at home moms and dads is ignorant of biosocial gender differences.
Mothers do have tighter bonds to their kids for a plethora of reasons and much more often wish to spend more time with them.

I dispute this claim, I think this is entirely due to social conditioning.

Quote:

Murzelpfrumpft said:
A partner, regardless of the sex, who enables his SO to stay at home with the kids, gives a great sacrifice because work fucking sucks and often destroys people, when staying at home seldom does.

It depends on the job. Females should have equal access to the good jobs, but we don't because males assume they're better at everything. See boilingpoint's thread on this, everyone thinks it but they're wrong. Female talent is vastly underutilized, we're mostly just shuffled around like cattle by the patriarchy. People don't see the female genius because they're avoiding looking at her in order not to upset their male-dominated worldview.

Wow, you are out of touch with the female progress in the workforce, no wonder you're a bitter and angry, you haven't caught up to the reality of living in 2016.

Do you know how many women I knew making over 6 figures in the corporate world?  Endless.

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: qman] * 1
    #23597114 - 08/31/16 11:05 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Alyssa said:

Wow, you are out of touch with the female progress in the workforce, no wonder you're a bitter and angry, you haven't caught up to the reality of living in 2016.

Do you know how many women I knew making over 6 figures in the corporate world?  Endless.

It's still nowhere near equal, don't give me that bullshit. You're out of touch if you think I am.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597225 - 08/31/16 12:03 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Alyssa said:

It's still nowhere near equal, don't give me that bullshit. You're out of touch if you think I am.

So you're striving for equal when the variables are completely different, maybe your expectations of "equality" are completely unrealistic.

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: qman]
    #23597249 - 08/31/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
So you're striving for equal when the variables are completely different, maybe your expectations of "equality" are completely unrealistic.

Explain yourself.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597298 - 08/31/16 12:29 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

qman said:

Explain yourself.

Men and women have different lifestyles, goals, and ambitions. So why would one expect "equal" outcomes?

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
    #23597312 - 08/31/16 12:36 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Men and women have different lifestyles, goals, and ambitions.

Because patriarchy conditions them to. We're very similar except when it comes to sex. Human 2.0 (the female) has an incrementally higher average intelligence due to having crammed the same number of neural connections into a smaller space.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.

InvisibleChemicalSpark

#23597356 - 08/31/16 12:49 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by ChemicalSpark (11/22/16 10:32 AM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597386 - 08/31/16 12:55 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

qman said:
Men and women have different lifestyles, goals, and ambitions.

Because patriarchy conditions them to. We're very similar except when it comes to sex. Human 2.0 (the female) has an incrementally higher average intelligence due to having crammed the same number of neural connections into a smaller space.

"patriarchy conditions them to"

No, biology "conditions" humans.  I think you're pissed off at "mother nature". It is what it is.

You're trying to fight off millions of years of biological evolution, it's not gonna happen.

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
    #23597447 - 08/31/16 01:12 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
No, biology "conditions" humans.  I think you're pissed off at "mother nature". It is what it is.

You're trying to fight off millions of years of biological evolution, it's not gonna happen.

I totally disagree, but I admit I don't have the necessary information to back myself up. Neither do you. Humanity hasn't solved the mysteries of consciousness to the point of knowing how much influence biological evolution has on our psyche and in what ways. There are hormonal differences and minor structural differences in the brain between the sexes, that's all we know.

As far as I can tell, I'm living proof that this maternal instinct you speak of is a social construction. If it were biological, I'd be all about having kids and staying at home to raise them like you think I should.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.

OfflineSkellies

Loc: The Dream
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: qman]
    #23597459 - 08/31/16 01:15 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
"patriarchy conditions them to"

Tbh I think it's both. There is no doubting that humans pressure each other into conforming to gender roles. However, the gender roles are fitting for the differences in human physiology. Furthermore the human brain has evolved for social interaction which requires conformity.

--------------------
Nosleep mode: Activated

Edited by Skellies (08/31/16 01:16 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23597485 - 08/31/16 01:22 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

qman said:

I totally disagree, but I admit I don't have the necessary information to back myself up. Neither do you. Humanity hasn't solved the mysteries of consciousness to the point of knowing how much influence biological evolution has on our psyche and in what ways. There are hormonal differences and minor structural differences in the brain between the sexes, that's all we know.

As far as I can tell, I'm living proof that this maternal instinct you speak of is a social construction. If it were biological, I'd be all about having kids and staying at home to raise them like you think I should.

"I'm living proof that this maternal instinct that you speak of is a social construction"

No you're not, biological evolution offers variation for obvious survival reasons, not every woman is going to have a strong maternal instinct, that's based in biology not society.

This is why we have alpha males, beta males, alpha females, beta females, heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, non-sexuals, transsexuals, fat, skinny, tall, short, ect.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds