Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: ChemicalSpark] * 3
    #23625634 - 09/08/16 12:08 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ChemicalSpark said:
Quote:

sprinkles said:
and you're absolutley right, the more liberal it gets the shittier it gets.  no question.

I'm glad you're able to see it for what it is, Sprinkles.

But that's not what it is.  I pointed out what has happened at the beginning of this thread:

"It's gotten shittier because the super wealthy control Government again.  Things have gotten shittier ever since Reagan handed the Government over to the elite."

The fact is that every President since Reagan (democrats included) devoted their Presidency towards helping the super wealthy.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #23625683 - 09/08/16 12:27 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
The fact is that every President since Reagan (democrats included) devoted their Presidency towards helping the super wealthy.

Point of the week.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineCrumist
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #23626277 - 09/08/16 03:53 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Falcon, you forgot to add that all the presidents before Reagan did the same.

Taking this forum as an example, it is self described white supremacists who start posts every other day of "fucking blacks,
when will people wake up to the reality of white genocide? Race war now!"

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Crumist]
    #23626321 - 09/08/16 04:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

when the armadillo begins and jesus comes color wont matter.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Crumist] * 1
    #23626730 - 09/08/16 06:33 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crumist said:
Falcon, you forgot to add that all the presidents before Reagan did the same.

Let's see...

Income inequality was going down until 1980:

Income between the middle class and wealthy used to go up together, until 1980 when it only went up for the rich (and it's gone up a LOT for them since then):

Debt/GDP used to go down every year until the tax cuts for the super rich in 1980:

In summary, things were getting better and better each year for the middle class until the 1980s.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #23626833 - 09/08/16 06:58 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Im with you that Reagan was a shitty President and that the conservative worship of him is extremely tiresome,
but he was hardly the first president to work for America's elite class. McKinley, Harding, Coolidge, Hoover, and all the rest not listed.
Maybe Eisenhower, Carter, and Johnson
threw the 99% of American people some bones, but its been "the rich get what they want from the gov't and everyone
else can eat cake" since the Constitution was signed, by a bunch of rich, white dudes with funny wigs.
This is hardly a flaw specific to America either, but a universal element throughout the vast majority of civilization.

There are many more factors that add to your points, but yeah, Reagan fucked the American plebians particularly hard.
The tax changes were a massive redistribution of wealth from the plebs to the elites, but you can't forget how he also
gutted the "War on Poverty" and the social safety net that were both working as promised. Then he spends record breaking amounts
stockpiling nukes and growing the conventional army at breakneck speed. To his credit, he did sign START though.

And I hate to actually defend the guy, but as always, greater global economic forces played a role in "stagflation" too.
Europe and China had undergone transformations and were finally emerging players on the world stage again.

Scratch that, the economy went through its cycles, but your second pic clearly illustrates that the rich were doing better and better
as "stagflation" sunk the 99% lower and lower.

--------------------
'I am all for resources being allocated to the widowed single mother of 3, lost husband over seas fighting for our country. I am for vets getting mental health access and resources following war. I am not for free money cause a woman can't close her legs or some chump with low testosterone no going to work cause "i'm sad."' -finalexplosion
Nice knowin ya'll! https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23904704/vc/1#23904704

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23626880 - 09/08/16 07:08 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I agree.  :thumbup:

For those that would argue Reagan helped the economy, he did it through massive stimulus money (aka deficit spending).  Anyone knows that will help the economy in the short term; it's how we avoided a second Great Recession in 2008.

--------------------

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #23627070 - 09/08/16 08:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Errrrrr, building tanks and nukes and constantly having a large fraction of our airforce scrambled in the air didn't increase anyone's welfare one iota.
Maybe it helped (the captains of the Military-Industrial-Prison complex) in the short term, but looking back from today, it is equivilent to flushing money down the toilet. That stimulus
could have educated the populace, or kept up with our infrastructure, or provide programs to expand the middle class. But instead we decided to flail our dick
around in the USSR's face

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US
    #23627166 - 09/08/16 08:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:awesomenod:

--------------------

InvisibleAstral Pain
Strange

Loc: Chicago
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: ChemicalSpark]
    #23627805 - 09/09/16 02:25 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out"               
                -Bill Hicks-

__

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Astral Pain]
    #23627815 - 09/09/16 02:30 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

peeps were dying left and right tho werent they?..

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23628449 - 09/09/16 09:13 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I agree.  :thumbup:

For those that would argue Reagan helped the economy, he did it through massive stimulus money (aka deficit spending).  Anyone knows that will help the economy in the short term; it's how we avoided a second Great Recession in 2008.

"it's how we avoided a second Great Recession in 2008"

Really, what did "we" do?  The Fed bought mortgage and T bonds, so what. In fact this former Fed official say this policy was based on "creating a wealth effect" on a higher stock market, that's trickle down economics. Why do you support a policy that you also despise? 

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: qman] * 1
    #23628941 - 09/09/16 12:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
it's how we avoided a second Great Recession in 2008

Really, what did "we" do?  The Fed bought mortgage and T bonds, so what. In fact this former Fed official say this policy was based on "creating a wealth effect" on a higher stock market, that's trickle down economics. Why do you support a policy that you also despise?

First of all, I'm not opposed to stimulus spending to counter a recession/depression.  I'm against it when it's done to artificially bolster the economy in times where it's not absolutely necessary.

Second, and I've said this many times, after the great recession Congress misallocated the funds they had towards the rich.  Your video confirms this from 2:13 - 2:27.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#23629008 - 09/09/16 01:11 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
it's how we avoided a second Great Recession in 2008

First of all, I'm not opposed to stimulus spending to counter a recession/depression.  I'm against it when it's done to artificially bolster the economy in times where it's not absolutely necessary.

Second, and I've said this many times, after the great recession Congress misallocated the funds they had towards the rich.  Your video confirms this from 2:13 - 2:27.

You have always supported the Fed policy, yet you and the Fed official acknowledge that it only favored the rich.

Edited by qman (09/09/16 01:12 PM)

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: qman]
    #23629307 - 09/09/16 02:51 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

ant deficit spending is congress policy, not fed policy

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The Good Ol' Days [Re: Crumist]
    #23629341 - 09/09/16 03:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crumist said:
ant deficit spending is congress policy, not fed policy

I'm talking about Fed policy after the 2008 financial crisis, try to keep up with the discussion.

OfflineCrumist
Stranger

#23630430 - 09/09/16 07:58 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

my b

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23637334 - 09/11/16 10:35 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

You have always supported the Fed policy, yet you and the Fed official acknowledge that it only favored the rich.

As Crumist said, Congress favored Wall St over Main St.  The Fed's job was simply to stop the recession.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder