Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
splenda...
    #2359077 - 02/20/04 01:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

splenda aka sucralose, which is a diabetic safe alternative to sugar, has chlorine in the positions of sugar's hydroxy's. it isnt metabolized by humans but tastes 600x sweeter then sugar... i was wondering if Ps.c. would be able to eat this up. i dont have any good ideas as to why anyone would want to try this, except its something differnt and no one has done it?(correct me if im wrong)

anyone have any information to say sucralose will be consumed and converted to energy for myc.? any info to say it wont?

i also imagine that if somehow the mush metabolize the sucralose and drop the chlorine it could cause some nasty problems. but i have no reason to think that it would except that chlorine is a halogen

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: splenda... [Re: amyloid]
    #2359249 - 02/20/04 02:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i dont think they can break it down...for a liquid inoculant just us brown rice syrup found at your heath food store or just use karo...if it isnt broken dont fix it.

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: splenda... [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2359292 - 02/20/04 02:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for your thoughts. im not looking for a liquid substrate. im interested in using sucralose. do you have any reason to say mycellium cant break down sucralose?

>>if it isnt broken dont fix it.
good thing i dont take that advice, or id still be using a perilite bucket furiting chamber, producing <7g dry per flush on a multispore innoculated grain cake that took 2 months to fully colonize....

strive for something better

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation