Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #23588031 - 08/28/16 07:05 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Whoa, I must be breaking all the rules with this setup. My buddy built this a couple years back out of a DIY mag.  I run the filter before or even sometimes while working in it.  I'll run the light over freshly poured plates or plastic containers to sterilize them.  Not sure what all the fuss is about.  If something works and people have fun tinkering then I say right on.  I'll use this til I build a proper flow bench.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKenetic
Nam Sayin
 User Gallery

Loc: I don't believe in land Flag
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Mycolorado]
    #23588116 - 08/28/16 07:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Todo Cambia

:cookiemonster::elmo:

DMT said: Everyone know's me, they just don't know it yet

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #23588319 - 08/28/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
Whoa, I must be breaking all the rules with this setup. My buddy built this a couple years back out of a DIY mag.  I run the filter before or even sometimes while working in it.  I'll run the light over freshly poured plates or plastic containers to sterilize them.  Not sure what all the fuss is about.  If something works and people have fun tinkering then I say right on.  I'll use this til I build a proper flow bench.

that's basically a shumvbox. something only a couple(literally two) people say they use with success. (but realistically have ran into contamination problems)

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: bodhisatta]
    #23588338 - 08/28/16 08:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

InvisiblePsychedel.EXE
AKA Old Uncle Nutty
Male

Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #23588347 - 08/28/16 08:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosoulful said:

You drunk when you made that, weren't you?
..Hey whatever gets the job done..

--------------------

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 8te
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Psychedel.EXE]
    #23588360 - 08/28/16 08:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

I keep the right one a touch lower. Some of us have got preferences. But honestly, his looks nicer than mine.

Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: dankington]
    #23588390 - 08/28/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trusted Cultivator said:
Quote:

Mycolorado said:

that's basically a shumvbox. something only a couple(literally two) people say they use with success. (but realistically have ran into contamination problems)

that light sab talker uses burns my eyes.
Quote:

dankington said:
:lol:

I keep the right one a touch lower. Some of us have got preferences. But honestly, his looks nicer than mine.

badass simplistic crook style sab

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23588630 - 08/28/16 10:19 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trusted Cultivator said:
Quote:

Mycolorado said:

Hasn't everyone had a contam here and there?

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Edited by Mycolorado (08/28/16 10:20 PM)

InvisiblePsychedel.EXE
AKA Old Uncle Nutty
Male

#23588647 - 08/28/16 10:24 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
Quote:

Trusted Cultivator said:
Quote:

Mycolorado said:

Hasn't everyone had a contam here and there?

Yes. So what's your point?
Ever heard of the KISS principle? (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

--------------------

InvisibleTuhdoww
Sub Slapper

#23588717 - 08/28/16 10:46 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Almost lit myself on fire using my glove box the other day. Went to flame my needle and my alcohol rag was fuming so hard it caught on fire from across the box. Jumped up with my arms still in the thing looking like a fool. I'm was shitting bricks. Fire alarms going off at 7am in the house. My wife woke up so pissed lol. Moral of the story, Sab from now on , keeping all flames outside of box, 90% iso is flammable. Derp    :levelup:

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
    #23588736 - 08/28/16 10:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

lol love the drunk SABs :laugh:

btw, i have been really digging the one i built in the OP, it has made my life so much easier :smile: able to do way more work faster. the first one worked well too, but my big ass cant hardly fit in it comfortably, my custom built job is way more comfy, and nicely concealable in the closet, plus the closet adds 5 extra walls, similar to the grow tent frank uses sometimes. so yeah now my gf is happy to have the kitchen back haha

the SAB was supposed to be the main topic of the thread, the possibility of adding a UV-C fixture was just an afterthought for talking points, but saying the word "UV-C" set off bodhi's bullshit detector, which became most of the thread. if you are familiar with some of the other posts about UV-C that bodhi has answered, it is easy to understand why his bullshit detector is a bit oversensitive regarding this technology, considering how many truly bullshit applications for it he has addressed and tried to set people straight on

btw really cool box, thanks for sharing :laugh:

fyi, your using the light a little differently than i was talking about though, since i was only discussing the possibility of running a cycle in a closed closet before loading it, just as an extra step along with wetting the walls. just clarifying :wink:

i dont think theres anything wrong with supplementing good technique with a short UV-C cycle, but it depends on what you are trying to do, and it certainly isnt a replacement for proper tech, and depending on what you are trying to do, it is probably a waste of time. but used properly and in the right context, might be helpful

thanks for sharing your notes and pics , warm regards

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Psychedel.EXE] * 1
    #23588775 - 08/28/16 11:17 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychedel.EXE said:
Quote:

Psilosoulful said:

You drunk when you made that, weren't you?
..Hey whatever gets the job done..

Haha fuck you

Offlinewtfcrazymofo
foil hater
Other

Loc: Colonial alley
    #23589164 - 08/29/16 06:39 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
lol love the drunk SABs :laugh:

btw, i have been really digging the one i built in the OP, it has made my life so much easier :smile: able to do way more work faster. the first one worked well too, but my big ass cant hardly fit in it comfortably, my custom built job is way more comfy, and nicely concealable in the closet, plus the closet adds 5 extra walls, similar to the grow tent frank uses sometimes. so yeah now my gf is happy to have the kitchen back haha

the SAB was supposed to be the main topic of the thread, the possibility of adding a UV-C fixture was just an afterthought for talking points, but saying the word "UV-C" set off bodhi's bullshit detector, which became most of the thread. if you are familiar with some of the other posts about UV-C that bodhi has answered, it is easy to understand why his bullshit detector is a bit oversensitive regarding this technology, considering how many truly bullshit applications for it he has addressed and tried to set people straight on

btw really cool box, thanks for sharing :laugh:

fyi, your using the light a little differently than i was talking about though, since i was only discussing the possibility of running a cycle in a closed closet before loading it, just as an extra step along with wetting the walls. just clarifying :wink:

i dont think theres anything wrong with supplementing good technique with a short UV-C cycle, but it depends on what you are trying to do, and it certainly isnt a replacement for proper tech, and depending on what you are trying to do, it is probably a waste of time. but used properly and in the right context, might be helpful

thanks for sharing your notes and pics , warm regards

Do you run the uvc when you are doing your work?  If so do you need safety glasses?  Your sab is a Caddy.  If you want comfortably flow hoods are where its at bro.  I'm 1 $250 hepa filter away.  My sab is as ghetto as it gets,  but it still works.

--------------------
If you want to eat->https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8553541

Bag sealers are to bulky (my hood isn't that big)
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28622922

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Trusted Cultivator
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: wtfcrazymofo]
    #23589189 - 08/29/16 07:00 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Here is where I think I stand on UV in SABs. I can get at least 99% success in a regular SAB. How much can I expect the addition of a UV light to improve my grow?

Most people who are good with agar and work at their procedure don't see contams because of poor work practice. It's usually some other vector like bad filters or high CFU in grain or insufficient sterilization cycles. They rarely end up with bad inoculate because they can see if the inoculate is clean. Cause agar.

The UV sounds fun. But it's like putting spinners on a work truck. In the end all it does is look different. OP your truck looks good, you don't need the spinners.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23589223 - 08/29/16 07:27 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Hey p.e, my point, is that contamination happens regardless of the type of setup one uses (you proved it by answering in the affirmative).  I have relatively few contams as I practice aseptic technique.  When it comes down to it some people are better at things than others.  Also, did you read the part where I said a buddy built it? 

And not sure what t.c.'s definition of success is but you can check some of my oyster grows on the GMM board.  I think we're all here to learn and it's a disservice when people state opinion as fact...

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
bw86's Jalisco Grow

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #23589838 - 08/29/16 12:16 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

As I recall only facts were stated as facts..

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Inocuole]
    #23590068 - 08/29/16 01:35 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Oysters are even easier than cubes until fruiting

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: While We are Talking SABs... [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23590399 - 08/29/16 03:18 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wtfcrazymofo said:
\Do you run the uvc when you are doing your work?  If so do you need safety glasses?  Your sab is a Caddy.  If you want comfortably flow hoods are where its at bro.  I'm 1 $250 hepa filter away.  My sab is as ghetto as it gets,  but it still works.

no i just have bright LED lights in there, and a crayola tracing pad i sometimes use to backlight the agar during transfers (same one i use for taking pics). I was just throwing that UV-C thought out there for talking points, wanted to hear some feedback

but to answer your question: no, the way i am talking about would not use the UV-C while working. I am talking about installing a UV-C light into the SAB with a remote switch, and running the UV-C for a short cycle while it is closed up in the closet (no UV-C light on my skin or eyes at any point), right after i wet the walls. Then load it up and proceed as usual. I suppose you could have uninoculated stuff like jars/plates in there already when you run it, but that is not what i had in mind. what i had in mind is just running a short cycle in the empty SAB shut in the closet, then turn it off, turn on the LED, load it up, and get to work

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Here is where I think I stand on UV in SABs. I can get at least 99% success in a regular SAB. How much can I expect the addition of a UV light to improve my grow?

Most people who are good with agar and work at their procedure don't see contams because of poor work practice. It's usually some other vector like bad filters or high CFU in grain or insufficient sterilization cycles. They rarely end up with bad inoculate because they can see if the inoculate is clean. Cause agar.

The UV sounds fun. But it's like putting spinners on a work truck. In the end all it does is look different. OP your truck looks good, you don't need the spinners.

NIGGAZ BE TRIPPIN ON MY SPINNAZ!!

lol makes perfect sense pasty, well said. thats pretty much what i figured to begin with, i never had any actual plan to install a UV-C, was mainly just interested in hearing what yall had to say about it in the context of a SAB that is shut in a closet , as talking points

thanks for all the info and feedback everyone :rockon:

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23590503 - 08/29/16 03:53 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trusted Cultivator said:
Oysters are even easier than cubes until fruiting

Ha, at least you're predictable.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
bw86's Jalisco Grow

OfflineKenetic
Nam Sayin
 User Gallery

Loc: I don't believe in land Flag
    #23590530 - 08/29/16 04:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I think the U.V. is a great idea if you can afford it.  At some point I'd like to sell edibles to markets or superstores and I'd like the best equipment I could get.  I love tools, and could easily spend all my money on them just to have to nicest things possible. 
I use tools every day for work and I've noticed the better stuff I have, the easier my job is.  Hell, people waste money on far worse things.

--------------------
Todo Cambia

:cookiemonster::elmo:

DMT said: Everyone know's me, they just don't know it yet

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies