Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineturtle_hermit
Psychedelic Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #13763790 - 01/10/11 02:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I remember watching the news in class that morning right when it happened and we pretty much spent the entire day watching tv and not doing work. that was weird times. sorry for the derail :wutermelon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuncle bobo
Male User Gallery

Loc: shakedown st
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: turtle_hermit]
    #13768246 - 01/11/11 11:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i would use an exacto knife with some steel putty on the blade for depth.those guys in afgani are poor and don't have as many options as we do. besides that, they're too high to care.

--------------------

AKA Wolfgang Grajonza                 
IKO MYCO. MEDICINAL FARMS.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: uncle bobo]
    #13768571 - 01/11/11 12:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah but the funny thing is that even though they're so poor and have less at their disposal the tools they use are the best I've seen!

If anybody has more ideas then please keep 'em comin'!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #14004226 - 02/21/11 09:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

use a razor blade for lancing, and then get a pane of glass, from a frame or something and use that for collecting, it helps it dry whilst harvesting. Also, don't lance and wait, COLELCT RIGHT AWAY! it is simply retarded to let it sit all day, like some people suggest, unless you are harvesting acres and acres of pods there is no reason to do this. The wind will blow and the pods will bounce off one another and the latex will drip, you'll lose alot of goodies. So, lance, collect the milky goodness, wait and lance again. cheers

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: snoot]
    #14007691 - 02/22/11 01:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks. I figured a lot was lost due to leakage/dripping.

--------------------
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinewasabi-kun
easily bored
Male

Loc: where is ware Flag
    #14010265 - 02/22/11 09:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

take 4 boxcutter blades- the trapizoid shaped ones- just the blades

tape or something them together, and you could cover everything but the part you want to be able to cut and voila

--------------------
ciao-su

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: wasabi-kun]
    #14010934 - 02/22/11 11:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've never used or made anything specific for lancing, just a simple razor will do, just be careful lancing each pod. Personally I think unless you're doing a gigantic field like in the middle east there is no reason to be that careless,. I imagine you are doing something small and personal, so I wouldnt even stress making something that is consistent. each pod is different, the walls vary in thickness, pods are different in size, so naturally the thickness of the lance needs to be different. I think its best to just use a really sharp razor and be careful lancing each pod, once you make the first lance its easy to go from there. good luck. tis alot of work for a tiny amount of pleasure,.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: snoot]
    #14011208 - 02/23/11 12:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah some great ideas in here.

So it's a lot of work for a little pleasure??

What about strains like Afghani or Tasmanian Alkaloids?? I hear the yields are tremendously rich and heavy.

Thanks all again for the help.

--------------------
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
    #14015668 - 02/23/11 06:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One easy method is to get a cheap raiser, remove the blade and break it to pieces using a couple pairs of pliers and glue the pieces in with fast set epoxy. Wait until the epoxy hardens to tacky consistency then press the pieces in on the end of a Popsicle stick or tongue depressor using hemostats to set the depth of penetration to 1/16 inch or less, one cheap $0.15 disposable raiser will make about 5 of these tools with 4 tines each if you are good at breaking the raiser's blade up.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Offlineevilpea
Stranger
Male
    #15529432 - 12/17/11 06:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Goddamn this webpage design sucks. Created an account just so I could post, took the better part of a fucking hour. I've got you all beat I use one of these when I used to do heating and air, makes a great scoring tool. http://www.google.com/m/products?q=radiator+comb

Edited by naum (12/17/11 07:00 AM)

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: evilpea]
    #15529993 - 12/17/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:oldthread:
i think a careful hand and a razor blade works fine but this is a 9 month old thread....

--------------------
Vegetation has crawled for miles towards the cities. It is waiting. Once the city is dead, the vegetation will cover it, will climb over the stones, grip them, search them, make them burst with its long black pincers; it will blind the holes and let its green paws hang over everything.
—Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea

Offlineroad
dinosaur
 User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a [Re: Chemical Addiction] * 1
    #18542406 - 07/11/13 02:32 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

A knife for this work is made so easy.
Take four pcs of box cutter edges. Simply bind together and a "knife" with four parallel edges comes out. You easily can adjust the space between the edges by pieces of plastic or wood.
Works perfectly :-)

PS: Even if the thread is almost as old as the biblical Abraham, someone perhaps still is interested in how to do it.

Edited by road (07/11/13 02:39 AM)

Offlineextrajordanary
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #23572077 - 08/24/16 07:35 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Just search Google for 'SomniClaw'

Even though another User posted a LINK to a Google Search, I won't since no LINKS are allowed (right mr. MOD?)

Someone asks a question. They need help finding something that NONE OF YOUR SPONSORS OFFER!!

I know this because no one in the ENTIRE WORLD Offers it. (hence the user's reason for asking)

Edited by extrajordanary (08/24/16 04:07 PM)

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: extrajordanary] * 1
    #23572097 - 08/24/16 07:49 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

You know you're reviving threads that are several years old and replying to people who have not logged in for ages, right?

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Offlineextrajordanary
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: LSoares]
    #23572326 - 08/24/16 09:48 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSoares said:
You know you're reviving threads that are several years old and replying to people who have not logged in for ages, right?

Yes, I am very aware.

And STILL, after ALL those years, NOBODY was able to provide a substantial answer to the originating Question.

Oddly enough, I too, am  also someone who hasn't logged in for several years. Yet, still, somehow, I came across this post before any other Posts.

And now YOU TOO have found it, and commented on it, JUST as I did!!

Weird huh?

In fact, most of the Posts I see are several years old.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across this post? Being that it's so ancient and all?

Just curious.
Thanks!

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: extrajordanary] * 1
    #23572656 - 08/24/16 12:08 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Haha because you bumped it. Replying to a post brings it back to the
first page of the forum. Had you not replied to it, none of us would have
seen it.

--------------------

Offlineextrajordanary
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any ideas how to make a "lancing tool" for Poppy pods?? Where to buy? What do you use? [Re: natedawgnow]
    #23572914 - 08/24/16 01:56 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

natedawgnow said:
Haha because you bumped it. Replying to a post brings it back to the
first page of the forum. Had you not replied to it, none of us would have
seen it.

Yes, I'm aware that Old Posts "Bump" to front when there's any activity on it.

And that may be how YOU guys found it, but somehow it was the first thing I came across too - so I'm still unsure how I found it. *LOL*

I was mainly answering that post only because there has yet to be a Pod Lancing Tool on the Market until just a couple months ago.

And I remember looking for something similar back when I was "Harvesting Pods" years ago.

So ya, I wasn't expecting the original Poster to see my Comment, per say. But being that it's a Public Forum, I thought it might be helpful for others who may be looking.

Please understand that I have a tendency to come off sounding like I've got a sarcastic undertone.

But please know, I am being sincere.

No dis-respect directed towards you guys whatsoever-
(@LSoares and @natedawgnow)

I DO appreciate your heads-up.

Again, I apologize for any sarcastic undertones that may have insulted anyone. That's just the way I am, but only in the most loving of ways (it just comes off weird to people who don't know me. )

Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers!

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
    #23573511 - 08/24/16 04:41 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

All is good, man. Cheers!

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

OfflineRTILLERY
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any ideas how to make a [Re: LSoares]
    #25202515 - 05/14/18 04:32 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE,THIS IS A GOOD PIC OF THE "PRINCIPAL" OF BLADE EXTRUSIONS, OR MAYBE PURCHASE THE ITEM & REMOVE THE EXTRA BLADES FOR SPACING FOR A SCORING BLADE(S). SINCE THE PHOTOS AREN'T UPLOADING TODAY, THE PART IN REFERENCE IS A SUPCO FPT 15, YOU'LL GET THE IDEA

OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: Any ideas how to make a [Re: RTILLERY]
    #25205593 - 05/15/18 01:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

This is an old thread but i guess the question will come back again and again.

To score an poppy pod you must understand how the sap is stored in the pod.
In the middle of the pod is the area where the seeds are developed and stored until ready to be spread.
There is a doubble wall in the pod and the sap is stored inside this doubble wall.
If one cut to deep the sap will enter the seed storage area and not be coming out on the outside of the pod witch is what you want so it will dry in the sun and then can be collected.
So the cut needs to be very shallow, not more than something like 1 mm.
The scoring tools seen on pics are almost always homemade and a lot of materials can be used.
Blades of "boxcutter" knifes seem good, the ones that can be broken off in sections.
Usually a number of blades are mounted parallell 1 to 2 mm apart.
The blades must not make cuts deeper than 1 mm, only the outer skin should be cut.
The sap will be pushed out of the pod and form droplets on the pod that will dry and harden.
This hardened resin can then be scraped off each pod and collected.
Each pod can be scored a number of times but the quality and amount of opium will decrease every time.
Just google opium scoring tool or pod scoring tool and you see examples of homemade scoring tools.

To get any larger amount of opium you need very many pods.
Even if you have hundred pods you will not get very much opium.
But it can be fun to try scoring a few pods to see how it works.
Remember that this is illegal and opium is as addictive as heroin.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder