Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Papaver Somniferum, Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
What I Did Today...
    #2357327 - 02/20/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here's some of what I did today...

I drove into town, and went to Jack in the Box and bought one of those Pannido? sandwiches. It was really fucking good, actually -- turkey and provolone with a delightful sun dried tomato spread. It was a bit spendy, for fast food, but then I remember when my dad and I could both eat at McDonalds and get change back from a dollar -- and yes, that used to be their ad campaign too -- but I think back then they had only "Over 10 Million Served" on their sign, and I noticed the other night that McDonalds has "Over 99 Billion Served," so things have changed... (A side note: Are there McDonalds' in India? Cows are sacred there.)

Anyway, and then I went to the music store, and bought some CDs. They had these bargain bins where the CDs were only $9.00 each, so I bought the following to fill in some gaps in my album collection...

Neil Young, "Hawks and Doves" -- This one one of the six "lost albums" not available on CD until this last year. There are two more lost albums that will probably never be put on CD, but I have them on vinyl, in storage somewhere, so that's ok. With this purchase, I only have two more Neil Young CDs to buy before I have everything on CD that is available from him. I think I'm up to over 40 Neil Young CDs now...

Tom Waits, "Foreign Affairs" -- I think this leaves me with only two or three Tom Waits albums to buy before I have them all. I'm speaking of non- compilation/greatest-hits albums.

Two Cracker Albums. That effectively doubles my Cracker collection, but I also picked up a Camper van Beethoven album -- their precursor band.

Social Distortion, the first album. I just love those guys. I wish they'd release that new album they're working on.

X, "Los Angeles" -- 'nuff said...

Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison -- 'nuff said...

And finally, another Astrud Gilberto album, because you can never have too much Bossa Nova "smooth music" for the ladies... :wink:

*Note how I say, "Albums." That means I'm old, but not so old, that I say, "Hi-Fi." :wink:

I did some other stuff too, but I felt the above should suffice. Right now, I'm going to throw some poppy pods in with some coffee beans in the old grinder, and make some poppy coffee. I have been making tea, but I thought I'd experiment. With my heavily modified opiate receptor system, they are pretty much stimulants anyway, but I have lots of work to do, and I'm tired, so I need that initial coffee boost before the opiates kick in. I was fortunate enough to have someone give me a large box full of dried p. somniferum pods, so that's been nice. :smile:

PS: I am recording this data, here, for the future, "Papaver Libraries," after I get elected President of the United States (I'm thinking 2012 will be my year). I'll probably run as a Libertarian. Remember, "Vote Early, and Vote Often!" :grin:

Errata: This post was originally scheduled to air at 9:00 PM PST. However, a server error caused a delay in broadcast until 11:00 PM PST.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What I Did Today... [Re: Papaver]
    #2357829 - 02/20/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I looked for a new place to live. Looking to find a place closer to where I work and closer to my youngest kids.

I found a place where 2 guys live, that appear to be about my age. I like that, because I like talking to people who have had similar life experiences.

I am tired of moving. I have been moving around since my divorce started 2 years ago. I just want to land in a spot and be permanent.

"If y'all would hold still for just a fuckin' second, I could get a grip on things..."

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2357861 - 02/20/04 04:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i call them albums as well and i'm not that old.

what are they supposed to be called?

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: Frog]
    #2357961 - 02/20/04 04:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Frog, that sounds cool. A home is a very important thing. It kind of provides a backdrop for one's life. Good luck! :smile:

Eric, I think they're supposed to be called CDs, now. At least I think that's what the kids call them. I'm really not entirely sure what to call them. I've sort of been lost on that one -- just sort of drifting along on the currents of social convention, I guess. maybe i shoudl call them "Bazoombas"... :wink:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2358748 - 02/20/04 11:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I use the terms interchangeably. I guess if I talkin about the object itself I say CD. But if someone puts out a new one, its like "Hey have you heard so and so's new album?"

One question about your poppy tea. I've never tried making tea from the pods. How many pods is a good dose. Also, do you leave the seeds in the pod, or just use the pod itself? Any info on this process would be appreciated.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2359799 - 02/20/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hooray for neil young albums/cds :grin:  i got his mtv unplugged cd recently.... i thought it was actually pretty good

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2359949 - 02/20/04 04:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing fancy, I just throw the pods with the seeds in the coffee grinder and whack them into a fine dust, and then uses the coffee maker with extra paper filter to hold the water longer. I'm basically lazy that way... :wink:

As far as dosage. I don't really want to get into dosages, as everyone is different. I use twice as many as what puts my friend to sleep, and I get a nice little wake-up buzz. My base-tolerance is kinda high, as I was a heroin addict for many years, and my receptors will probably never return to baseline. It's not always the best situation, because it generally takes more of whatever opiate/opioid for me to get an effect, and then I'm hypersensitive to withdrawal symptoms anymore, so I almost always get some withdrawals the next day or two as payback...

It also really depends on the size of the pods, the strain, and the conditions under which they were grown. It's like cannabis or shrooms, there's a bit of variance in potency, so it really depends on you and the particular strain...

DeepBlue, Yeah! Neil Young and Tom Waits are probably the largest single-artist chunks in my collection. I find they both have staying power with me. My favorite stuff is probably when Neil is playing with Crazy Horse -- "the world's third greatest garage band!" :cool:

My CDs are really a mess. I moved out here with a bunch of boxes full of CDs, and I have yet to get shelves/racks for them. So there is a lot of stuff that I just forget I have, which is nice. Sometimes, all I have to do is dig out another box, and it's like going to a record store: "Oh, I forgot I had that!" :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleIdugh
    #2359976 - 02/20/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I call them albums too, and I would consider myself to be young.

Tom Waits rules.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2360433 - 02/20/04 07:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Cool post papaver  :smile:
Out of interest, do your arms still bear the marks of junkiedom?

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: zeta]
    #2360480 - 02/20/04 07:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Out of interest, do your arms still bear the marks of junkiedom?

lolz, you have no idea how complicated that question is...

They looked really bad, back in the day, but I'm not a big scar-tissue former, so they cleaned up really well. I was in a fire towards the end, so I have big patches of scar tissue and skin grafts, so that does a pretty good job of camouflaging them also... :wink:

The only really sign is, that all of my big surface veins have collapsed, so I don't have the big cable-like veins anymore that I used to have -- the blood has been re-routed through many smaller, and deeper, veins. This is why many long-term iv users end up shooting up elsewhere, because they can no longer find good veins -- the neck vein always seems to be the last resort before they have to start "muscling" their shots.

I've seen long-tern users who got clean and started working out -- lifting weights and stuff -- and they often end up with all these little raised, twisted, veins instead of the few big fat ones, to route blood to the muscles in the forearms and hands...

PS: I listened to that Camper van Beethoven album, I bought, last night, and I really like it. It's like Cracker, but a bit more raw and experimental. There's some good tracks on it. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2360661 - 02/20/04 08:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Glad to see another Neil Young fan on these boards. What a great songwriter, performaer and all around great person.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2360746 - 02/20/04 08:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:cool:

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2360793 - 02/20/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, Neil's Cool! :cool:

The thing I really like about Neil, is how he stays fresh by bouncing back and forth from style to style, and not letting himself get stuck in a rut. It occasionally pisses off his fans and the critics, but i think it has made for an amazing career, and body of work, which is still fresh and vital!

I had just finished reading the "authorized" Neil young biography, "Shakey," which was pretty good, and the one thing that surprised me, was his admiration for Bobby Darin. However, this really isn't so surprising when you consider that Darin was also talented, and he was another artist who pushed himself, and wasn't afraid to completely change his style, regardless of what his fans and the critics wanted...

Young and Darin also overcame medical conditions, to become successful artists -- epilepsy with Young, and heart problems with Darin.

Anyways, I highly suggest that book, if you're a Neil Young fan. I didn't always agree with the author, and sometimes, I thought the author was a bit full of himself, but it's probably the best-informed Neil Young biography I have read to date. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping

#2360804 - 02/20/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I thought neil had some back problems too. i remeber reading an interview where he said he could barely walk for like 1 year and spent all his time in his ranch writing songs. i think it was around 72

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: What I Did Today... [Re: Infrared]
    #2360824 - 02/20/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, that is correct...

The epilepsy thing was a real problem for him during the Buffalo Springfield years. Check out the lyrics to Mr. Soul, and you'll see what I think are obviously some references to epileptic seizures...

In a while will the smile
on my face turn to plaster?
Stick around while the clown
who is sick does the trick of disaster.
For the race of my head and my face
is moving much faster.
Is it strange I should change?
I don't know, why don't you ask her?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Papaver Somniferum, Ranch Dressing